Thai PM sees a role for Thaksin when he gets out of jail

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

srettha-thaksin.jpg

“Let’s play it by ear.”

Yes, you heard right. In a recent interview at the UN General Assembly in New York, Thailand’s new Prime Minister, Srettha Thavisin, indicated his willingness to involve the former Prime Minister, then fugitive, now inmate, Thaksin Shinawatra in the government once he is released from prison.

The interview was with Bloomberg Television’s Haslinda Amin. “I believe he has value to add to the government and to the people of Thailand.”

The new PM says he’s determined to revitalise Thailand’s economy, which has underperformed recently compared to its SE Asian neighbours following nearly a decade of military-dominated rule.

By Peter Roche

Full story: Phuket GO 2023-09-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

that'll be the day...

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What did you expect? Lying is second nature to these people.

reminds me of the story about a Singaporean businessman, who was asked by a colleague if he was going to invest in a big project in Thailand. He said ''no way - I'd get Thai'd if I did''.

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Being Thailand, we can change anything at anytime to meet our  requirements or just simply ignore  what doesn't suit the outcome. 

yep. it's called the art of the brain fart. Thai's have always suffered from short term memory loss - even before the legalization of ganja.

15 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

It is sickening to read anything about Thai politics. 

So predictable, so corrupt, and so morally bankrupt.

I wish this forum would cease posting any Thai political news feed.

Without it, AN would end up bankrupt ????

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Good. Now write out 100 times

'I should have written should have instead of should of'   

And hand it in to your teacher before leaving school this afternoon. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Love It 1

24 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

It is sickening to read anything about Thai politics. 

So predictable, so corrupt, and so morally bankrupt.

I wish this forum would cease posting any Thai political news feed.

Not arguing but I don't see how the west is any better. US entirely lost all moral authority decades ago but now days it's brutally clear

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

With all of his experience in prison maybe they will make him minister of prisons oh wait a second he would need to be in prison first to do that,,,, forget about it maybe Thai treasurer and this country will be fu%ked

Finance minister is vacant

Thaksin could become government advisor : Srettha

image.jpeg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has hinted that convicted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra could be assigned an advisory role in his government, once he completes his time in prison.

“I believe he has value to add to the government and to the people of Thailand,” Srettha said during an interview with Bloomberg Television in New York.

He also pointed to Thaksin’s popularity. “He was, and probably still is the most popular prime minister in the history of Thai politics,” Srettha claimed.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-09-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1