Thai PM sees a role for Thaksin when he gets out of jail

snoop1130

20 hours ago, phetphet said:

He is 74 now and according to doctors at the Police Hospital in ill health.

Would he really want to get back into the affray at his age? Surely he has enough money and wouldn't want to risk upsetting the apple cart again.

why - you think Srettha was just spit balling?

Well Prime Minister Srettha has an opening, his senior advisor Kittirat Na Ranong has been indicted.

The Office of the Attorney-General (OAG) has reportedly indicted the prime minister s chief adviser, Kittirat Na Ranong, for alleged graft in selecting a local supplier for rice exports to Indonesia in 2011.

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, proton said:

Don't know whats worse, being a convicted heroin dealer in the government, or guilty of shooting them on mass.

You are not a Thai, remember we are just guests here, a lot of Thais still say that was the best thing he did doing away with the drug dealers, I was l told it cleaned our area up, now Yar Ba is just a few baht a tablet.

Now you be pleased to here, that was a reason, one of two, that the coup that ousted him happened, the drug controlling army generals were fed up with the money they were losing from their drug dealing, all they dealers had gone, so they staged the coup. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, snoop1130 said:

srettha-thaksin.jpg

“Let’s play it by ear.”

Yes, you heard right. In a recent interview at the UN General Assembly in New York, Thailand’s new Prime Minister, Srettha Thavisin, indicated his willingness to involve the former Prime Minister, then fugitive, now inmate, Thaksin Shinawatra in the government once he is released from prison.

The interview was with Bloomberg Television’s Haslinda Amin. “I believe he has value to add to the government and to the people of Thailand.”

The new PM says he’s determined to revitalise Thailand’s economy, which has underperformed recently compared to its SE Asian neighbours following nearly a decade of military-dominated rule.

By Peter Roche

Full story: Phuket GO 2023-09-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Common sense and compassion at long last. Well done sir.

• Sad 1

On 9/21/2023 at 7:43 PM, phetphet said:

He is 74 now and according to doctors at the Police Hospital in ill health.

Would he really want to get back into the affray at his age? Surely he has enough money and wouldn't want to risk upsetting the apple cart again.

He will do what he thinks best for his faithfull followers.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jippytum said:

Your kidding me. Thaksin is already running the show. The current prime minister is only a puppet and the old con man is still pulling the strings from his VIP Hospital  suite. 

No they’re both puppets - there is a higher source of puppet masters!!!!

On 9/21/2023 at 8:51 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

He had already more than enough money when he started with politics about 20 years ago. At that time he told everybody that he is so rich that this will guarantee that he is an honest politician because he doesn't need more money.

And some people even believed him. Amazing Thailand. 

I still do and detest any military dictator, but if that is what you like, why don't you move to Myanmar.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Nickcage49 said:

It has always amazed me how openly corrupt this society is.

Of course he'll have a role, shadow PM. Just like he had when his sister was PM.

Please...

Just think about Canada and India right now. 

The world is changing... accept it. 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, DavidLangdown said:

he will do far better than a few corrupt generals with his business experience and compassion for the downtrodden masses.

Stop talk rubbish. Apparently you now nothing. People in Thailand are selected by the elite to form the government. Did you think it happened by fair general election?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DavidLangdown said:

I still do and detest any military dictator, but if that is what you like, why don't you move to Myanmar.

Why are some people so ignorant that they "think" there is only A or B and if someone criticizes A then he must support B.

Is it really so difficult to understand that there is more than A and B? And is it so difficult to understand that someone who doesn't like A maybe also doesn't like B?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/21/2023 at 1:16 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

And I thought that he is so sick that he has to stay in a hospital all the time.

And then he mentioned that he is an old man who only wants to play with his grandchildren.

It seems we were told lots of lies. What a surprise... 

Yes, I got the impression he can hardly stand on he´s legs ????

• Like 1