Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

What does ramsey  think that people will flock to his restaurants in thailand.street food is much better and cheaper.along with many others,but some mugs will go there for sure.Most people will avoid it like the plague and the partners involved will learn the mistake working with the idiot quickly

That must be the silly-est post I've read this week........:stoner:..................:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 9/22/2023 at 2:30 PM, Sigmund said:

What are you making up  ? You think foreigners with good money (except the wealthy pensionners)  come to Thailand ?

Ever heard of Monaco, St Tropez,  the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Croatia or Ibiza ?

Lol, you do not even need to be rich to eat at good restaurants in Bangkok here, let alone to get to start talking about the definition 'wealthy'. You pay here at a top end rooftop restaurant what you pay in a ordinary 2 star back home.

Maybe you should move bubbles and learn to know different people in your life, there are plenty who earn decent and would not even meet up for less than a foreign food place.

To live on one of the countries you name, and do like this, I would need to earn at least 15K or more, else I would not even consider it.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Jamie Olivers several restaurants in Australia all failed. 

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/jamie-olivers-restaurant-group-collapses-how-it-all-went-wrong/news-story/6ab5a508290b40e10a9bbe01140a4a74

I have a feeling the whole company folded, he cites Brexit as a point in this Australian article - not that he necessarily managed to fail in the Australian and Thai markets. 

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's a look at his menu of the Bread Street Kitchen in Liverpool, with prices listed that I'm assuming are in GBP...

Screenshot_1.jpg.0438ffcb97b07835fb821d4f2e2ed16e.jpg

Bread St Kitchen Liverpool menu.pdf 390.38 kB · 0 downloads

Interesting that Ramsay has a series of hamburger focused eateries in the U.S. and some other countries, but they're apparently not bringing that particular concept to Thailand.

Hell! I haven't been home to the UK for 20 years .. I felt begrudged to pay 75p or a quid for a bottle of drink last time.

13 quid for vegetarian sushi! Some prices don't seem to be so unreasonable tho'

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Most Thais are certainly poor, add to that the level of household debt is through the roof - the middle class is under extreme duress and shrinking rather quickly.

This will be no more than a flash in the pan venture that probably won’t make it through the first year.

Meanwhile so many international restaurants in Thailand are flourishing...  (I listed them earlier)... 

I doubt this is going to be 'high end' dining...  just decent 'international grub'...   

This idea so many expats have that all Thai's are poor is flawed, especially in and around Bangkok - there's a whole specturm of society from the dirt poor to filthy rich, and in the middle of that is a large middle class with money.

Not every Thai is a poor farmer or farm girl hanging onto a pole. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Most Thais are certainly poor, add to that the level of household debt is through the roof - the middle class is under extreme duress and shrinking rather quickly.

This will be no more than a flash in the pan venture that probably won’t make it through the first year.

Then how do you explain 849,388 NEW car sales in 2022 in Thailand, up 11.9%...........????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:
19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Stupid comment - thats a 400% exaggeration !!!

https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/en/us/gordon-ramsay-burger/menus/las-vegas

Bad comparison, Las Vegas, so we see a price without the taxes and tips included which will double it there!

Edited 5 hours ago by jacko45k

Its still not a $106 burger !!!...  the exaggeration was ridiculous and highlights a blinkered outlook to suit his own bias. 

£25 - Burger & Fries (in London at Gordon Ramsay street burger in Harrods)

So.. a 300% exaggeration then (including a 20% tip !)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Meanwhile so many international restaurants in Thailand are flourishing...  (I listed them earlier)... 

I doubt this is going to be 'high end' dining...  just decent 'international grub'...   

This idea so many expats have that all Thai's are poor is flawed, especially in and around Bangkok - there's a whole specturm of society from the dirt poor to filthy rich, and in the middle of that is a large middle class with money.

Not every Thai is a poor farmer or farm girl hanging onto a pole. 

Thailand has one of the most unequal wealth distributions in the world - the top one percent possess nearly three quarters of the wealth whilst the poorest fifty percent possess less than two percent of the wealth.

Overpriced plated pommy slop remains slop regardless of whatever brand name is slapped upon it.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Thailand has one of the most unequal wealth distributions in the world - the top one percent posses nearly three quarters of the wealth whilst the poorest fifty percent posses less than two percent of the wealth.

Overpriced plated pommy slop remains slop regardless of whatever brand name is slapped upon it.

Aaaaah, an Australian talking about slop, take a deep breath, mate...:cowboy:

:cheesy:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Then how do you explain 849,388 NEW car sales in 2022 in Thailand, up 11.9%...........????

All paid for cash upfront?

Nope, we know this because the BP reported 250,000 vehicles being repossessed per month earlier this year.

A 40% default rate on auto loans paints a very clear picture.

The market for Gordon Ramsay’s soggy chips is small and getting smaller.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

All paid for cash upfront?

Nope, we know this because the BP reported 250,000 vehicles being repossessed per month earlier this year.

A 40% default rate on auto loans paints a very clear picture.

The market for Gordon Ramsay’s soggy chips is small and getting smaller.

So you can't answer it then, what a surprise..........????

Out of 24,000,000 vehicles on the road in LOS.

Australia doesn't have repossessions then.......?  ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

There ya go Trans, the Pie Floater, the height of Aussie cuisine, Sir Les Patterson ate one every day!

50099179_363993287765215_3623757924469309440_n-1.jpg

Slap Gordon Ramsay’s name on it, charge a week’s wages per dish then quick smart  open 14 restaurants in Asia, what could possibly go wrong.

The UK peaked with Theresa May.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Slap Gordon Ramsay’s name on it, charge a week’s wages per dish then quick smart  open 14 restaurants in Asia, what could possibly go wrong.

The UK peaked with Theresa May.

Aaaaaah, another Aussie with a Brit problem, who da guessed...????

You can stand down now.....:drunk:

• Love It 2

18 minutes ago, transam said:

So you can't answer it then, what a surprise..........????

Out of 24,000,000 vehicles on the road in LOS.

Australia doesn't have repossessions then.......?  ????

I did answer, you have failed to comprehend.

Car sales are up because there has been an increase in irresponsible lending which has resulted in an increase in repossessions. Let’s not forget, the so called increase is coming after the 2 year Covid drop off - so hardly impressive.

No need to wait for the restaurant to open, just fire up the microwave.

IMG_4342.jpeg.269571c87fff11c84ddbe0db28aac51d.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I did answer, you have failed to comprehend.

Car sales are up because there has been an increase in irresponsible lending which has resulted in an increase in repossessions. Let’s not forget, the so called increase is coming after the 2 year Covid drop off - so hardly impressive.

No need to wait for the restaurant to open, just fire up the microwave.

IMG_4342.jpeg.269571c87fff11c84ddbe0db28aac51d.jpeg

So you are saying car sales are increasing every year in LOS, make up your mind, and don't go off on a tangent as to how they were paid for.

You are wrong, end of....????

I never wrote Britain to drop the Great. ????

At least readers now know you have a Brit problem, but you are not alone, a few other Aussies try that ant-Brit cr@p, and get buried..

????

Chummy, you really are out of your depth here, or try thinking before you press the post button...........????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its still not a $106 burger !!!...  the exaggeration was ridiculous and highlights a blinkered outlook to suit his own bias. 

£25 - Burger & Fries (in London at Gordon Ramsay street burger in Harrods)

So.. a 300% exaggeration then (including a 20% tip !)

How people think this is expensive. Most restaurans in central London charge this or more for a burger.  As I said earlier I visited a restaurant in Westfield shopping centre in Stratford and paid about that 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, transam said:

So you are saying car sales are increasing every year in LOS, make up your mind, and don't go off on a tangent as to how they were paid for.

You are wrong, end of....????

I never wrote Britain to drop the Great. ????

At least readers now know you have a Brit problem, but you are not alone, a few other Aussies try that ant-Brit cr@p, and get buried..

????

Chummy, you really are out of your depth here, or try thinking before you press the post button...........????

Where have I said car sales are increasing every year?

Your literacy skills would disappoint Gordon.

Tangent? Yeah, what on earth would paying for something have to do with sales.

If Gordon Ramsay runs his 14 new restaurant the way the Thai auto industry is currently operating he'll lose all his money so quick the chips won't even have time to go soggy.

Whether you wrote it or not, it tickles my fancy to note "great" Britain's precipitous decline at every available opportunity.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2022/01/will-britain-survive/621095/

On 9/22/2023 at 12:23 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Gordon Ramsay Restaurants has announced a new multi restaurant partnership with Thailand’s leading lifestyle operator, TANACHIRA Group.

As the restaurant group continues its ambitious expansion plans across Asia, where recent openings include four restaurants in South Korea and two restaurants in Malaysia, the partnership with TANACHIRA will immediately focus on opening two restaurants in the highly anticipated Emsphere Mall in Bangkok, opening on the Sukhumvit Road, December 2023, with a further twelve locations planned in the coming years.

The Emsphere Mall promises to be a go-to modern, luxury, retail destination, offering immersive shopping and dining experiences to both local residents and global travellers.

On the Mall’s ground floor, will be Bread Street Kitchen & Bar, a stylish and sophisticated, yet approachable all-day dining restaurant and bar. The menu features Gordon Ramsay classics including Beef Wellington, Fish & Chips and must have sides like Gordon’s delicious Macaroni cheese, as well as the world-famous Gordon Ramsay Sticky Toffee Pudding.

By Online Reporter

Full story: Hua Hin Today 2023-09-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Expect me to be picky!!????

47 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How do you know what food will be served and how do you know the prices of the restaurant ?

You must know the prices to call it "over priced "

So, what are the prices ?

Methinks you are taking this a little bit too seriously.

Of course they'll be overpriced, why else would they bother renting Ramsay's name?

The restaurants are a gimmick - like Trump steaks. People will visit once for the experience, word will spread that it's "overpriced plated pommy slop" and that will be that - close all the restaurants and open 14 Theresa May Dance Studios at the gutted venues.

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Thailand has one of the most unequal wealth distributions in the world - the top one percent possess nearly three quarters of the wealth whilst the poorest fifty percent possess less than two percent of the wealth.

Agreed, there is an unequal wealth distrubution... Thats the world over...  

There are a lot of very poor Thai's...

There are also a lot of 'middle class Thai's who can afford to eat in restaurants - if that wasn't the case, these restaurants would be shut down already as they can't rely on foreign custom only.

Walk into any decent international restaurant in Thailand and you will find it full of Thai's.

I know this because I go to these restaurants a few times per week.

Your blinkered opinions are well out of touch. 

*Inflammatory comments edited out*

My actual opinion is that the product will not be up to scratch. I seriously doubt Gordon Ramsay will be spending any time at these restaurants. It is a marketing gimmick and diners should not expect anything even closely related to a Michelin experience. There will be insane queues at the opening, as there was for Krispy Kreme, but these venues will simply not have the staying power of Krispy Kreme once the novelty has worn off.

There is of course history of overrated Pom's trying to crack the Bangkok market:

Gordon Ramsay is not the first high-profile British chef to attempt an expansion into Thailand. In 2015, Jamie Oliver, a well-documented chef nemesis of Ramsay, launched his Jamie’s Italian restaurant chain in Siam Discovery. That venue was eventually rebranded to Jamie Oliver Kitchen after a muted response to the first concept. Then, in 2020, that restaurant failed and closed permanently

Edited by metisdead

29 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

My actual opinion is that the product will not be up to scratch. I seriously doubt Gordon Ramsay will be spending any time at these restaurants. It is a marketing gimmick and diners should not expect anything even closely related to a Michelin experience.

Are you of the misunderstanding that every Gordon Ramsay restaurant is supposed to be a Michelin star experience ??...  He's a chef with 17 Michelin stars for various restaurants, but not all of his restaurants 'target that' such as bread-street-kitchen and 'street-burger'...

In London Ramsay has 15 restaurants, just two of which have Michelin stars becasue the others aren' targeting that. 

Contrary to the misunderstanding of many, they are not fine dining restaurants, the are simple good quality fare...  that people keep coming back for. 

There will be insane queues at the opening, as there was for Krispy Kreme, but these venues will simply not have the staying power of Krispy Kreme once the novelty has worn off.

Weren't you earlier suggesting Thai's couldn't afford a weeks wages on a meal ?.. make your mind up !!!

You're comparing a donut chain to a restaurant ???... erm.... 

Like any new restaurant, there will be an opening 'buzz', more so becasue of the celebrity status of Ramsay, that status comes with the 'promise' of quality, much like hotel chains...  there's a consistency to be met and people know they will get good quality food for a reasonable (subjective) price. 

There is of course history of overrated Pom's trying to crack the Bangkok market:

Gordon Ramsay is not the first high-profile British chef to attempt an expansion into Thailand. In 2015, Jamie Oliver, a well-documented chef nemesis of Ramsay, launched his Jamie’s Italian restaurant chain in Siam Discovery. That venue was eventually rebranded to Jamie Oliver Kitchen after a muted response to the first concept. Then, in 2020, that restaurant failed and closed permanently

That wasn't just in Thailand..   many of his restaurants closed - covid was to blame. 

Are you suggesting because one failed, everyone else will ???...   blinkered again !!!

Now.. back to you meat-pies or rice and whatever... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

There ya go Trans, the Pie Floater, the height of Aussie cuisine, Sir Les Patterson ate one every day!

50099179_363993287765215_3623757924469309440_n-1.jpg

Looks jeffin' hideous... But I'd actually want to give that a go !!!... 

In contrast to the hypocrites slagging of Gordon Ramsay's food...  y'never know until you've tried it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1