I am totally powerless against it: The Google Machine!

GammaGlobulin

It is true that we are all doomed. Soon we will be able to upload our brains into a metaverse cloud, and forget about our bodies. After all all we do is eat, have sex and foul the planet.

In the meantime. Kick off those flip-flops, shed those unnecessary garments, and walk about barefooted. Experience the subtle vibrations of the Earth. Feel the energy coming from the very depths. Touch those leaves. Smell those mushrooms. Stroke the pussywillow. Wonder at the butterfly caught in the spider's web. Imagine being a fish in a beautiful clear lake, or a bird escaping from a hawk. Wonder of the sun beating on yer neck.

Who needs Goggle? There is better stuff out there.

Edited by owl sees all

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Google is God?

Correct?

And, we?

Cogs?

Hope you love your new cog status in this brave new world......

One day we will loose connection to Google, but Google will still be there. Think about that one for a second

Edited by Hummin

Google simply provides apps which you may or may not choose to use.  Ones I use, make my world easier to navigate, research and save money.   Even provides a bit of entertainment at times.

Choose wisely, be happy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lt Frank Bullitt said:

Download and use Duckduckgo stops google doing what google does

Use that when I realize G is not allowing or burying info that I know is available.

There's always choice, and failing to exercise those, well, that's a personal issue for many.

You can't fix stupid

20 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NEVER, AGAIN, WILL I TRUST MY DATA TO GOOGLE.

Yet a month ago in another thread you said this at the end -

I love Google.

I have 30 Google Accounts (Gmail accounts), 8 of which are named after planets, plus Pluto, and various other names.

This was from the start of the same post.

I'm sure one of those planet names must be Uranus................:laugh:

Or I guess a month is a long time in technology...........

• Haha 1

LOVE Google. Use it for everything. Would be totally lost without it...literally. Google Maps is one of the most valuable tools ever. From Search to Chrome to Chrome Cast to Calendar to Photos to Maps and more, The Big G manages and organizes everything for me easily. ????????????

More Google PLEASE

I received a notification from Google saying that the privacy controls had been updated to give users more control over their ads.  What they had actually done wa change all my privacy settings to give them permission to surveil all of my activity on my phone so they could give me "personalized ads". I turned everything off but how many people are going to fail to notice?

• Thumbs Up 1

We are subject to such massive levels of intrusion these days. Cookies everywhere I look. There are little things we can do. Do not ever sign into google, while doing searches. Go into every cookie options window, and reject all cookies. Use a VPN whenever possible. Always keep your computer camera hidden, or blocked. Little things. They will not change the world, but why make their job of spying on us even easier than it already is?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They will not change the world, but why make their job of spying on us even easier than it already is?

Agreed but to add to my comment above I think most people also don't want to think about it.

The TV series Rabbit Hole with Kiether Sutherland was very relevant in this sense and portrayed a view and use of data that most people I think would be horrified to know that we could be close to already.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, topt said:

Agreed but to add to my comment above I think most people also don't want to think about it.

The TV series Rabbit Hole with Kiether Sutherland was very relevant in this sense and portrayed a view and use of data that most people I think would be horrified to know that we could be close to already.

Yes, and Person of Interest too. The spying and surveillance these days is mind boggling. We have to fight it, and resist it, in whatever way we can.

I wanted to like that show. It ended up being less plausible than 24. Way too many leaps of faith for me.