What do I need on arrival at Suv?

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

I was referring to the comment about onwardflight.com and added that to my response. Many real airlines and brokers allow canceling a ticket within 24 hours. Rent a ticket sites aren't real airlines

Try that with low cost airlines such as AirAsia, Nok, Jetstar  etc.

There is zero refunds and change of booking cost more than new flight. 

Of course rent a flight is not an airline. That's funny.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Try that with low cost airlines such as AirAsia, Nok, Jetstar  etc.

There is zero refunds and change of booking cost more than new flight. 

Of course rent a flight is not an airline. That's funny.

You constantly recommend them as a source to get a throw away ticket. I just qualified them for those that aren't familiar and just follow whatever is posted here as if its fact

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

They want to see the country your flight originated. This info used to be written on TM6 arrival card which is no longer used. 

I'd much rather just show my boarding pass then fill out the TM6 again

Boarding pass did not replace TM6.

It was always a requirement prior to covid.

Immigration just overlooked it as so many stupid travellers were not aware.

Entries to some other countries also want to see boarding pass. 

Nothing to do with TM6

23 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Just an update on technology for all the people insisting airlines will require an onward flight.

My check-in last month was all self serve and I never spoke to an actual person at check-in. The boarding pass/baggage tag machine also didn't ask me for an onward filght ????

Did you have an onward flight or travel plan booked?  

My last 2 trips (Nov 22 & Apr23) All I has to show was the passport and boarding card. The boarding pass is entered into the computer by the IO.. They may ask where you are staying, in my case it was our house. This also was entered into the computer. That was it. In 40 or so years, I have never been asked to show funds for the stay.

If you turn up dressed reasonably, and not like a penniless hippie its unlikely you will be asked.

10 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I did not have a flight within 30 days. I did have a flight out 90 days later but boarding pass machine didn't ask me that

The airline would have used that to fly you out if immigration rejected you.  Maybe if you didn't have that a further check would have been required.

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

The airline would have used that to fly you out if immigration rejected you.  Maybe if you didn't have that a further check would have been required.

Yes I always wonder people getting rejected by some countries and put on the next flight who pays?

14 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I did not have a flight within 30 days. I did have a flight out 90 days later but boarding pass machine didn't ask me that

It didn't need to... your onward booking was in the system... computers do sometimes streamline the process... try it with no onward booking and you will be denied boarding.

49 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It didn't need to... your onward booking was in the system... computers do sometimes streamline the process... try it with no onward booking and you will be denied boarding.

So I guess all the people insisting you must have an onward flight within 30 days need to stop saying that now you've explained why my 90 day onward flight was ok ????

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So I guess all the people insisting you must have an onward flight within 30 days need to stop saying that now you've explained why my 90 day onward flight was ok ????

Didn't you enter with a tourist visa? 

With a visa or reentry permit onward flight not required 

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Didn't you enter with a tourist visa? 

With a visa or reentry permit onward flight not required 

The airline didn't know if I had a Visa or travelling Visa Exempt as nobody looked at my passport as check-in was all automated self serve

Edited by Pattaya57

On 9/23/2023 at 7:54 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Just an update on technology for all the people insisting airlines will require an onward flight.

My check-in last month was all self serve and I never spoke to an actual person at check-in. The boarding pass/baggage tag machine also didn't ask me for an onward filght ????

But did you have a return flight as if you did, the system knows about it & the Airline Check-in staff wouldn't ask you for one either. 

The reason I ask is that a few years back, I was unable to use the self service check-in for a MEL-AUK flight with Air New Zealand as I was on a one-way ticket & exiting NZ on another one-way ticket (With Air New Zealand) to Perth. 

55 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

The system registered that you had onward flight... didn't really care when it was... maybe a glitch, maybe not... my guess is that you were not traveling visa exempt, but were on a reentry.

Edited by Skipalongcassidy

On 9/23/2023 at 10:22 AM, Dan O said:

Stepping away to buy a onwardflight.com ticket only works if its during business hours and the office is open. After hours you cant get the ticket until the office is open again. Just happened to me this week. 

That is VERY good to know thanks ... I've only ever used 'em once. Guess it must've been office hours ...

On 9/23/2023 at 3:36 AM, Captain Monday said:

Never been asked for onward ticket by airport immigration even once

More than 25 years coming to Thailand.

An onward/return ticket within the initial 30 days is an official requirement for visa-exempt entries. I've been asked twice by my airline in 20 years. Immigration never ask but many airlines do.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

An onward/return ticket within the initial 30 days is an official requirement for visa-exempt entries. 

An onward ticket out of Thailand is regulated but I've yet to see anyone post the official regulation that states it must be within 30 days

In fact all immigration sites I've looked at specifically promote that you may get a 30 day extension to a visa exempt so why wouldn't you get a 60 day flight to match? I know I have always done 60 day visa exempt flights without any issue

Edited by Pattaya57

6 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

An onward/return ticket within the initial 30 days is an official requirement for visa-exempt entries. I've been asked twice by my airline in 20 years. Immigration never ask but many airlines do.

Your experience is similar to mine asked by airline once or twice in 20 plus years, In Tokyo once asked to sign a paper affirming financial responsibility for flight cost if denied entry. Which is always the passengers responsibility  according to the contract of carriage. ????

Probably get different treatment being airline staff. It also appears airline check in  in “Englund” and the Middle East are more strict about onward ticket  as are Laos and Cambo. I fly to Thailand from East Asia and Singapore exclusively. 

Edited by Captain Monday

2 hours ago, treetops said:

Requirements screen from Thursday arrival.

231024437_bkkimmi.jpg.d3bf6ffb567bda54b66812ec9ca0dfb9.jpg

Boarding pass? It’s in me iFin ???? on an app care to see? Few ever asked. 

On the other hand Recently flying more often to CNX nonstop on intl flights they know what plane you came from as there aren’t a dozen arriving near same time frame.