Pattaya City Launches Clean Canal, Pristine Water Project at South Pattaya Canal

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya – Mr. Manoch Nongyai, the Deputy Mayor of Pattaya City and relevant government officials performed a field inspection on illegal activities at the South Pattaya canal such as: Obstructions in public areas, waste drainage to the canal causing a foul stench, deterioration, and pollution.

Mr. Manoch stated to the local Thai media that this inspection was to reclaim the public area along the South Pattaya canal and reorganize sewage systems.

The project, which is called “Clean Canal, Pristine Water” will be launched upon the inspection of environmental issues along the South Pattaya canal.

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-09-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“Clean Canal, Pristine Water”

I love the catchy titles they dream up for projects whose only use is to garner commissions.

Here's some others:

Second Road, Major Cock-Up.

Beach Road Ditto.

Spot the Working Cop.

Edited by mikebell
extra thoughts.

Unless a bin is within arms reach Thai people generally just litter, it seems to be accepted.  I call it Thai Lazy.  Love most things about Thailand but why someone would have no pride in where they live and want it to look like a landfill for all the locals and tourists to see is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, roger101 said:

I have lived here for 17 years but I'm not sure of the canal's location. A map would be helpful.  Where it starts and where it runs to.

Go to before the end of Walking Street....Take a left on that street that takes you to the Arab area....The canal is behind the buildings to the right...

Your not missing much...

22 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Go to before the end of Walking Street....Take a left on that street that takes you to the Arab area....The canal is behind the buildings to the right...

Your not missing much...

That bit I know but what about the rest of it. It's not just                    a hundred yards long.