Thai health minister backs cannabis ban, citing surge in teen usage

webfact

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Load of. Quote one post where ANYONE, on either side, is "accepting detrimental effects on kids". Only in your mind. 

Have you been puffing this morning.....????

So you dismiss it as well...........Shame on you.........????

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bobbin said:

Gaslighting? You are the king of gaslighting when it comes to this topic.. What happened? Did your ex leave you for a stoner?

Your good buddy is a major grower? Why are you still friends? To you he must be a major bad dude.. Ah the humanity... so much mental illness.

Not but a few posts back you grudgingly accepted what many have told you in the previous (and numerous) interactions with people.. Ganja flower is legal. Consuming it is legal.. if you are not pregnant or under 20.

My good buddy is a grower, he's invested over $1M US in his operation.  I advised him not to do it. Why should him growing weed affect our friendship? I am not anti-weed.  He can afford to lose his investment, we're both wealthy guys and we discussed other ex-pats like myself going in with him and I advised against that too in case it goes South, as it looks like it might.

As I said before, I am not against recreational use of cannabis subject to some safeguards.  Those safeguards don't currently exist in Thailand.

As for gaslighting, Anutin himself said recreational use is illegal, whether the current framework of the law reflects that, I can't say, I don't know what other laws he was referring to.

I only call people out when they make erroneous statements like Cannabis is not addictive, it's ok for adolescents, it's safe, it doesn't cause psychoses or violence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Have you been puffing this morning.....????

So you dismiss it as well...........Shame on you.........????

Think he stated the opposite of what you're implying?  He is concerned as he stated and other posters are as well. 

As for me, I'm concerned but not losing any sleep over it.  I realize my weed smoking creates a certain bias but interested in solutions.  The kids I knew in the area last year were hanging out quite often in groups smoking daily.  They weren't drinking or taking yaba that I knew of prior to weed legalization.  I always believed drug legalization would reduce the carnage illegal drugs cause in society. Now I'm thinking that isn't a solution.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, bobbin said:

transam... I'm starting to lose that good feeling for you (based on similar interests aside from your anti-pot stance) ..

Here is something to cheer you up..

I bought it new in 1981. Turbo, WS6 suspension package, all the goodies. I still own it.

Pictures are recent, when my brother had it out..

P8230020.JPG

P8290031.JPG

Didn't find them aesthetically pleasing at the time but would love to own this ride.  Awesome! Totally Awesome!

8 minutes ago, bobbin said:

transam... I'm starting to lose that good feeling for you (based on similar interests aside from your anti-pot stance) ..

Here is something to cheer you up..

I bought it new in 1981. Turbo, WS6 suspension package, all the goodies. I still own it.

Pictures are recent, when my brother had it out..

P8230020.JPG

P8290031.JPG

Don't worry too much, we are just discussing stuff here...........????

As for the Firebird, the Pontiac 5.0 ltr turbo was a slug compared to its predecessors, if that is what it had, no turbo hood scoop on yours, the last incarnation of the second generation Firebird....????

But looked OK....????

5 minutes ago, MurakamiX said:

If we're comparing issues with society, shall we calculate the amount of domestic problems/violence with alcohol? Or the amount of road accidents with alcohol? What about police time and resources towards drunk people? Ask any police officer or jail staff. Drunk people are the worst thing to deal with on a day to day basis. 

I drink alcohol, and I used to smoke weed back in the day (not anymore). But if we are comparing health concerns, society based issues, and mental health, the legal drugs are by far the worst. 

Nope but I will grant you weed is better than alcohol. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Another Social experiment gone wrong! Young kids being exposed to

“recreational cannabis” in a country that really has no parental guidance or active(passive)law enforcement .imop What could possibly go wrong!

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't worry too much, we are just discussing stuff here...........????

As for the Firebird, the Pontiac 5.0 ltr turbo was a slug compared to its predecessors, if that is what it had, no turbo hood scoop on yours, the last incarnation of the second generation Firebird....????

But looked OK....????

Look for the turbo bulge more closely. It's there..

Paint had issues from the factory. After 1.5 years I had several shades of the colour. GM agreed to re-paint. right back to bare metal. I kicked in extra money to use Glasurit paint. Did not replace the "screaming chicken"

You are looking at 40+ year old paint job!

It was not as fast as the big block engines but not that much slower.. I actually wish I had bought a 2nd hand with the big engine and manual..but I wanted a new one.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, sambum said:

"The police told us that these attacks were caused by the perpetrators being high on home produced cannabis"

That would be the same police who were told at training that everybody who smokes cannabis ends up being a drug addict? That's what a friend of mine was told when she graduated from the "Specials" (Part time Volunteers) to the full time Police Cadet School! And that was from a fully qualified Instructor lecturing on the "dangers of drugs"!!!

3 hours ago, Snig27 said:

They should probably supply their supporting evidence - peer reviewed by qualified people of science of course - to the people that have been trying to find scientific evidence that would back this for decades and failed. Then these police in a medium sized city in the South West of England should be put forward for the Nobel Prize they so richly deserve. 

You continue to enthuse about the inherently benign effects of the stuff.

I will continue to live my life with damaged peripheral vision in my left eye, and remember the ten awful days when I thought I would lose vision in that eye altogether.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Look for the turbo bulge more closely. It's there..

Paint had issues from the factory. After 1.5 years I had several shades of the colour. GM agreed to re-paint. right back to bare metal. I kicked in extra money to use Glasurit paint. Did not replace the "screaming chicken"

You are looking at 40+ year old paint job!

It was not as fast as the big block engines but not that much slower.. I actually wish I had bought a 2nd hand with the big engine and manual..but I wanted a new one.

Oh yes, can just see it.

Mine was from factory manual, but as soon as I started hoping it up, it fell apart, reason, the original T10 boxes were cast iron, later were alloy, blew apart, quite embarrassing as half of it fell on the black top.....????

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Snig27 said:

In other news, thousands of young Thais were killed by drunk drivers over the last year whilst Thai Bev and Boonrawk made substantial donations to the parties currently in the new junta/coalition and it was decided that nothing would be done about this minor problem.

It is just that - other news.

It (drinking and driving) needs a sustained campaign of enforcement and education to reduce it, with the aim of eliminating it.

It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a reason for opening up access to an entirely different substance that has the absolute potential, if combined with driving ( or other activities) to kill or harm either the partaker or other people.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is just that - other news.

It (drinking and driving) needs a sustained campaign of enforcement and education to reduce it, with the aim of eliminating it.

It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a reason for opening up access to an entirely different substance that has the absolute potential, if combined with driving ( or other activities) to kill or harm either the partaker or other people.

Do some research on marajuana driving it’s safer than alcohol 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Priorities, that's doesn't seem to be a concepts Thais make much use of.Thousands of young people Thai die every year in the killing fields of Thai roads, and they worry about minor side effects of ganja.

Strange, are'nt they? ????