Thai women preferences for Asian or Farang men?

RamenRaven

On 9/25/2023 at 3:34 PM, Berkshire said:

But fret not, there are always going to be Thai women who think all farangs are rich and can save them from their lot in life.....555

Seems to be fewer and fewer that think that way... and the trend will continue as long as financial refugees keep coming... 

On 9/26/2023 at 3:33 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I would agree as im poor and yet they seem to think im a millionaire

You had the airfare to get here - - they assume you are not working here - - and you own a bike! - unlike the bedraggled old guys who look like they just walked out of an Arizona swap meet and don't have the money for laundry soap... 

On 9/25/2023 at 9:13 PM, Lacessit said:

The size of the man's wallet is really all that matters to many Thai women.

I have noticed Thai women tend to gravitate towards white skins. They associate dark skins with working in the rice fields, i.e. low class. I can remember a quite wealthy Indian guy complaining about how Thai women disrespected him.

They think Indians smell bad and hate the food.

22 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

You had the airfare to get here - - they assume you are not working here - - and you own a bike! - unlike the bedraggled old guys who look like they just walked out of an Arizona swap meet and don't have the money for laundry soap... 

my honda is a 95 Dream  lol   can i borrow 10 bt so i can get some laundry soap.......please ????

What if I tell the ladies i kayaked here...paddleboat?  surfed?   swam?..hitched on a cargo ship!

49 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

my honda is a 95 Dream  lol   can i borrow 10 bt so i can get some laundry soap.......please ????

What if I tell the ladies i kayaked here...paddleboat?  surfed?   swam?..hitched on a cargo ship!

They will know. They are all much smarter than people give them credit for... more perceptive too. It's not how you look or what you wear, it is how easily you glide. 

"Life can be a dream - shaboom shaboom... "

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 3:34 PM, Berkshire said:

Many reasons. As someone pointed out, Koreans are at the forefront these days. We have Kpop yes, but also the food, the fashion, the apparent wealthiness...The whole package is appealing for younger ladies, and I believe there's less of a stigma attached to, say Japanese and Korean young men in general in terms of behavior. Same goes for China, to some extent. Many Thai girls enjoy going on vacation to Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul. And while there are differences between Thai and other East Asian cultures, the gap will always be a bit narrower than Thai girls vs European man, for example. 

Westerners from Europe and America are not being seen in the same light as they used to. Like others have said, social media exposure and Westerners reputations over their behavior in Thailand changed the way they're perceived by the younger generation. Also, social media made it so that now, a 'basic' Thai girl even remotely beautiful can boast of few thousands followers while posting sexy pictures and the occasional booty pic, and her socials are filled by dm's of guys from all around the world, sometimes who have a high profile, inviting them here and there, making them dream about an Instagram lifestyle...  She's exposed to a lot, hence less gullible that her Falang prince in shinny armor will come and save her from Thailand. 

That being said, some Thai girls still only go for foreigners, especially those who have darker skin tone, or those who already have a child. Because they know (or think) that they're not as socially appealing as a fairer skinned Thai girl. So they can't get a rich Thai guy, and they can't get a Korean, Chinese or Japanese man either. So they go for 'farang', who don't really care about darker skinned girls. My ex-gf is a darker skinned Thai girl, but her fairer skinned Thai girl friend, who you could say is objectively less beautiful than her from a Westerner point of view, still has more social success than her. The downside being that those darker skinned girls usually like to switch boyfriends a lot, or have a lot of 'vacation' boyfriend from around the globe, who regularly come back to Thailand or are supposed to come back, who support her from abroad... Especially if the girl is attractive. Now not all Thai girls who prefer Falang are like that, I personally know couples of Falang/Thai girl who are happy and thriving, so I don't like to make generalization. But that's my impressions so far after living 2 years here.