Thai women preferences for Asian or Farang men?

RamenRaven

21 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Demographics of guys shopping around for girlfriends from Western countries vs other countries tend to be different: Western guys tend to be older, maybe have more income while Asian, South Asian, other ASEAN countries, Middle East, Africa seem to be younger, still working age.

I've noticed that too.

Western boomers tend to be the wealthiest generation. They make fun of broke millennials.

In Asian countries, which are emerging economies, millennials and Gen Y are often much better off than their parents.

The size of the man's wallet is really all that matters to many Thai women.

I have noticed Thai women tend to gravitate towards white skins. They associate dark skins with working in the rice fields, i.e. low class. I can remember a quite wealthy Indian guy complaining about how Thai women disrespected him.

4 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Thai women at the end of the day could be more inclined to prefer a Thai man or a Asian man, then to have a relationship with some overweight european or american thinking he is Robert Redford just due to the current good exchange rate !

I've found Thai ladies have no idea how to estimate a western guys wealth.

• Like 1

My experience is with bargirls. 90% have Thai boyfriends. If they have hooked a Farang, they may still keep their Thai boyfriend on the side.

Of the remaining 10%, some go with Tomboys, the rest are asexual (mostly due to overload from working abroad).

So, for bargirls, by far their preference is Thai. Customers and sponsors are only acceptable as far as they have cash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

My sides ????

Indians are dead-last when it comes to women choosing a mate. DEAD LAST. They openly despise indians.

I have never seen "no European men" in a dating profile whereas I have seen NO INDIANS more than a few times. You're delusional, bud.

These Thai women are such admirable people.

Where can I find a pedestal to put them on? ????

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, everybody is different.  I like asian women with slim bodies, long black hair, sculptured legs and tiny feet.  My wife on the other hand prefers farang men with grey balding hair, fat bellies, skinny legs and big feet. 

As I say, everybody is different however up here my wifes preferences seem quite common??  ????

• Haha 2

Would anyone ask this question of Spanish women? Greek? Indonesian?

Thailand is likely the only country, or one of a very very few, where anyone would even entertain this question. Why is that?

Like most nationalities, Thai women would prefer a Thai man. Everyone else is second place, and a function of the individual woman and her preferences. Perhaps Thailand is somewhat unique in that it draws lots of foreigners interested in its women, and the country has a world-renown P4P industry. Agogos exist in but a handful of countries...Thailand, Philippines and ????? Thailand also has a much larger Thai-Thai P4P industry than any country I've ever visited or lived. Thus there is an assumption among visitors---whether they be Westerners or Easterners---that many Thai women are "for sale". Even Thai men think this, as the concept of mia noi is so common, as well as 'sideline girls'.

The issue becomes a debate (Western man vs East Asian man) primarily because of history over the last 50 years, where it became common for older Western expats to match up with young Thai women. That became an image visitors and Thais alike have. The first change in that image came when Japan become a major investor, bringing many middle age Japanese men to Thailand. Japan-only clubs and areas were established, such as Thaniya Street in Bangkok. Over time certain agogos become "Japanese", like Baccara on Soi Cowboy. Japanese 'salarymen', however, were primarily interested in short term trysts, not marrying. As managers of Japanese businesses, they had more money than the typical Western retiree, so a reputation of paying a lot developed.

Only recently has a new demographic appeared, which is young East Asian men (which might say something about the women of East Asia and their desires? Asexual? Look at South Korea fertility rate, at .78). It should come as no surprise that a 20 year old Thai woman would prefer a 25 year old Korean over a 60 year old Westerner. Social media has bridged many cultural gaps, as young Thai women and young East Asian men---or even young Western men---consume much of the same online content. Social media bridges many cultural gaps, but there is no way to bridge age gaps. 60-20 is always going to be 60-20, so if a young ANY MALE becomes available, Thai women are likely to choose one of them over the proverbial fat, bald, 60ish Westerner.

There is an oft-made argument using numbers, such as 4-4-4, which implies something about size, time and pay made by East Asians. I'm not sure that was ever true for any of the (numbered) reasons, but the argument remains. In the times I have visited major agogos (fact-finding tour, not because I like that sort of thing----Ha!), I see plenty of Western men paying the price and walking out the door, so the money part of 4-4-4, if nothing else, is myth.

There may be an increasing number of young Western men with young Thai women, but young Western men seeking Thai GFs are not as common as East Asians. Because we now see more of that, we might assume a preference, when the real preference is relative age. As for numbers, Western men have grown up in a cancel culture, so many might be hesitant to get involved in P4P. That doesn't (yet) exist in East Asia. (An aside: on various Forums one now sees boastful (fear of cancellation) Western males who claim "I never pay for it". That makes me start humming the famous Right Said Fred ditty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've found Thai ladies have no idea how to estimate a western guys wealth.

I would agree as im poor and yet they seem to think im a millionaire even when i say im not...as i even dress to specifically signal this....but i suppose being so hansum has its downfalls  ????

6 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I'm so 'handsum man' they can't resist me.

Even the hi-so androgynous Thai males in their Porsche n Lambo can't pull the lookers away from me lol ???? ???????????????? 

the D is silent in handsum..........let it roll off the tongue   hello hansum man...joop joop! ????

• Haha 1

There are large swaths of Thai women who are openly looking for Farang (European descent) husband and are very vocal about it. 

At 30, my own Thai wife would not have given me a side glance.  At 45, she was actively looking for pasty white men!   And there ya have it!  :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

My sides ????

Indians are dead-last when it comes to women choosing a mate. DEAD LAST. They openly despise indians.

I have never seen "no European men" in a dating profile whereas I have seen NO INDIANS more than a few times. You're delusional, bud.

Used to be No Arabs in some bars in Pattaya 

23 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

My sides ????

Any Thai woman with a little indian must be desperate or a loser.  The good ones know they are dead last.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2023 at 10:53 PM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

But I've seen many profiles with 'no English teachers', so there's clearly a certain type of white guy they don't want.

Edited by BritManToo