My Google Browser.

NoshowJones

20 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I cannot get into Google. When I click on Google I keep getting Edge instead. I know I'm not the best at computer literacy.

Of all the years I have been using computers, I have never experienced anything like this before. Anyone help?

Go into settings, there you can choose your browser and search engine, just click on Google for everything...

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Go into settings, there you can choose your browser and search engine, just click on Google for everything...

All I want to do is get into google like I have done for the last 20 years, I have looked through settings and can't find a way into google. I can get it on my laptop. I am trying to follow your advice about getting rid of these adverts on AN/TV getting in my face all the time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To change the default browser in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Settings:

• Click on the Start button or press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
    • Click on the Settings icon, which looks like a gearwheel.
  2. Navigate to Apps:

• In the Settings window, click on the Apps category on the left sidebar.
  3. Default Apps:

• In the Apps settings, click on Default apps in the left sidebar.
  4. Change Default Browser:

• Scroll down until you find the Web browser option.
    • Click on the current default browser (likely Microsoft Edge), and a list of installed web browsers will appear.
  5. Select Chrome:

• Click on Google Chrome (or the browser you want to set as the default), and Windows will confirm the change.
  6. Confirm Change:

• Windows will ask you if you want to switch to the selected browser. Click Switch anyway to confirm.
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

All I want to do is get into google like I have done for the last 20 years, I have looked through settings and can't find a way into google. I can get it on my laptop. I am trying to follow your advice about getting rid of these adverts on AN/TV getting in my face all the time

Like I told you yesterday, you have to tell the computer what you want it to do, it doesn't know what you want it to do.

Edited by transam

When I booted up my pc yesterday morning it tried to get me to load Edge which I have never used.

The only way to stop it loading was when I did a restart. I then went into the Windows icon on the bottom left of my screen, clicked on Settings, then default apps, selected Web browser, then Google Chrome and restarted my pc. restarted my pc.

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Like I told you yesterday, you have to tell the computer what you want it to do, it doesn't know what you want it to do.

IMO, the computer is not the problem but the Microsoft programmers who work on the apps, as MS want you to use MS and not necessarily what YOU want to use.

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

I don't want chrome as my default browser, I am happy with Opera. But I hate that damn Edge.

Stuff you want to do is all on youtube, found in 10 seconds......

Stay off the forum and watch some vids, it is all there....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

When I booted up my pc yesterday morning it tried to get me to load Edge which I have never used.

The only way to stop it loading was when I did a restart. I then went into the Windows icon on the bottom left of my screen, clicked on Settings, then default apps, selected Web browser, then Google Chrome and restarted my pc. restarted my pc.

IMO, the computer is not the problem but the Microsoft programmers who work on the apps, as MS want you to use MS and not necessarily what YOU want to use.

There is a program to stop Edge loading itself on start up. I have done it on my PC....????

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Fine, if I can just get into chrome.

Easy way to do this.  Reinstall Chrome in whatever version of Windows you are using.  When it's finished, it will ask you if you want to set Chrome as default and import bookmarks from other browsers.  ????  ????  ????

Fire up Edge, go here, download and install Chrome:

https://www.google.com/chrome/next-steps.html?statcb=1&installdataindex=empty&defaultbrowser=0

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Switch to Linux.
https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-seamlessly-switch-to-linux-from-windows/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I don't want chrome as my default browser, I am happy with Opera. But I hate that damn Edge.

Easy way to do this.  Reinstall Chrome Opera in whatever version of Windows you are using.  When it's finished, it will ask you if you want to set Chrome Opera as default and import bookmarks from other browsers.  ????  ????  ????

Fire up Edge, go here, download and install Opera here:

https://www.opera.com/download

Chrome is a browser.

Edge is a browser (based on chrome but bing is the default search engine)

Google is a search engine.

If you want Chrome then install chrome browser (google is the default seach engine)

If you want google in Edge browser then go into settings-privacy and search and scroll to the bottom and select your default address bar and search engine from the list.

Edited by freeworld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1