Chinese and Taiwanese Men Arrested in Pattaya for Alleged ATM Fraud

snoop1130

On 9/30/2023 at 6:46 AM, Ironmike said:

(...) let's give out free easy visas to the Chinese that spend no money here except bring in these criminal types,, Great job Thailand as always

At the same time that the TAT celebrated a future massive influx of Chinese tourists, government and media warned of possible crime associated with it. But, as usual, greed kept the upper hand...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

whats your opinion on the cause of the repulsive behavior?

is it a product of overcrowding, or poverty, or competitive culture?

i saw a chinese guy in a very busy eatery recently. he intentionally left a dirty napkin by the serving  plates in an obvious location and also asked a bunch of stupid questions of the main cook as he exited. he did it to give them a hard time and too waste time. theres no way thats cultural.

That's hard to answer, I just became aware that whilst living there that no one actually likes them, even the Vietnamese. I thought the Vietnamese did but in fact Vietnam is having a lot of problems with the Chinese in the north of the country. The thing that caught me out the most was going to Hong Kong, which I did 4 times. On one occasion I went with a friend who did a lot of clothes shopping, and whilst I was waiting for him to try stuff on, I used to talk to the shop owners there, and even they don't like the mainland Chinese, who they thought were uncouth and lacking in manners. That does seem to be the consensus, they are such dirty gits its unreal. In the market right next to where I was staying, they used to sell old fruit on blocks on polystyrene that had mud on them. They spit all the time, and smoke, and they don't clean up much like they do in Thailand. They don't like each other, and like in the UK there is a north/south divide and eat just about anything. 

They are kinda very backwards in their thinking and they don't give a <deleted> about anything.  

19 hours ago, Emdog said:

Please tell the when and how of it being a benefit for Taiwan to give up democracy and dependence for dictatorship and gross mismanagement? When heck freezes over? Maybe if "one government" meant mainland adopted Taiwan's government, not other way around.

Many years ago, pre 1997, I was in China for work and made the slightly unpopular comment that perhaps Hong Kong should take over China rather than the other way around! HK was like a breath of fresh air after getting out of the mainland!

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:49 AM, Emdog said:

Please tell the when and how of it being a benefit for Taiwan to give up democracy and dependence for dictatorship and gross mismanagement? When heck freezes over? Maybe if "one government" meant mainland adopted Taiwan's government, not other way around. What is this about American guns and bombs? Absurd. Have you ever been to Taiwan? Do you know any Taiwanese? They want to be part of mainland China about as much as Ukraine wants to be part of Russia.

Wake up and smell the coffee

Yet the US is too scared to recognise Taiwan as independent. 

Go figure.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:53 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yet the US is too scared to recognise Taiwan as independent. 

Go figure.

"Currently thirteen states recognise Taiwan as the ROC (and thus do not have official relations with Beijing): Belize, Guatemala, Haiti, Holy See, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Paraguay, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Eswatini and Tuvalu."

So where is the EU, other major powers regarding recognition? I'd like the US to recognize Taiwan, but understand why hasn't. What benefit would come from recognition? What costs? "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"... or you say potato and I say potato....

17 hours ago, Emdog said:

"Currently thirteen states recognise Taiwan as the ROC (and thus do not have official relations with Beijing): Belize, Guatemala, Haiti, Holy See, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Paraguay, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Eswatini and Tuvalu."

So where is the EU, other major powers regarding recognition? I'd like the US to recognize Taiwan, but understand why hasn't. What benefit would come from recognition? What costs? "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"... or you say potato and I say potato....

Inclined to say good at mouthing platitudes but unwilling to stand up to the bullies...China and Russia.