Obituary: Dianne Feinstein, trailblazing senator who defied CIA and White House

Social Media

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know much about her, but IMO it's an abomination that anyone could spend 3 decades sucking large off the taxpayer to sit in congress, and especially that they did it till age 90. It's not like it's a real job, is it?

I'd like a 3 term or 10 years maximum for any politician in any country.

The very valid reason is the saying "power corrupts".

While I do rule out term limits out of hand ... The voters can limit terms at every election. Wish all issues had simple answers but they do not. I am not one to state that all serving in positions of public trust are automatically corrupt (that said, I also recognize that the USA systems have been corrupted over time).

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Perhaps we can leave the political bickering for one day?

Her time in the Senate was influential and consequential. Condolences to her family.

Well said.

Unfortunately, your request seems to have fallen on some deaf ears.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Further, there's good reasons for ensuring that new blood comes into any type of organization* from time to time. And IMHO that includes politicians and their new thinking regularly taking the popium.

I was a regional director of a multi-national for 2 decades, my own support team were required to keep me well informed of many items of data (1 example; for each operating company how long since a vacant middle / senior manager / snr supevisor position had been filled by a person from outside (to prevent the organization from ignoring new ideas / processes happening in the outer business environment and to prevent becoming a stale internally focused m'ment team.

And I also informed my i'national board of directors they should move me, I had been in the same position for too long.

They listened, created a roving CEO performance monitoring position and I did that for 4 years before retiring. In that 4 years I appointed 3 new operating company CEOs from outside, all deliberate.

Perhaps you could offer some consultancy to the Thai government and Sretta? They need some expertise. Any expertise. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depends if she deserves to rest in peace. IMO she does not.

She will regardless of what rabid nasty spirited pro gun right wingers might wish. She led a long and purposeful life. A life that well deserves to be celebrated. 

Not saying she was perfect. But she wasn't evil like Trump and Putin.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

She was the poster child for Democrat hypocrites.  All of them including Biden, Clinton and Pelosi onced decried illegal immigration.  Then suddenly they found it beneficial to their voter base and adopted policies to ensure re-election of Democrats irrespective of the damage done to the taxpayers of the USA from uncontrolled  'invasion" into the USA.  A person who breaks into your home for shelter is not an "undocumented guest"  neither are those who are entering through the southern borders completedly unvetted and with the expectation that the welfare programs of the USA will provide them a better standard of living than in their native countries.  

Paul Harvey said it best.  It is out of misguided compassion that those in a lifeboat take on too many overloading it and everyone drowns.  The USA comprises 4.23% of the worlds population.  It simply can not be the pot of gold that takes in the other 95% hoping for a better life. 

Quit with the drama.

Nobody broke into your home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trippy said:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.  :cheesy:

Because illegal immigration has the effect of lowering wages. That's why detentions at the border increase during Democratic administrations. 

Conversely,  Republican talk about illegal immigration, but never do anything about it. Yes, they are fooling you.

The vast majority of illegals come in via major ports of entry to work the big farms, with fake papers. The owners of those farms are big donors to the Republicans.

If you believe the Republicans on immigration, you are a sucker.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 2:13 AM, Jelli said:

What a horrible human being. Self entitled, used job to enrich herself. And to hold on to her job until death just says it all. She was completely lost in her last days.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Naaa instrumental in the efforts on gun control one of the first politicians to put her career on the line for a successful ban on assault type weapons.one of the first to champion efforts to get aids under control at risk to her career those are just some of the highlights this extraordinary woman achieved in her lifetime im going to put your remarks in that file of spurious cheep shots usually leveled at someone a person is jealous of she had an extraordinary run well done madam well done ???? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Because illegal immigration has the effect of lowering wages. That's why detentions at the border increase during Democratic administrations. 

Conversely,  Republican talk about illegal immigration, but never do anything about it. Yes, they are fooling you.

The vast majority of illegals come in via major ports of entry to work the big farms, with fake papers. The owners of those farms are big donors to the Republicans.

If you believe the Republicans on immigration, you are a sucker.

Please get informed how Florida's gov. Is handling the illegal problem. I wouldn't call that nothing.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Democrats oppose illegal immigration.

From what I have seen, politicians of both sides are reluctant to do anything ( despite what they say ) to restrict the flow of cheap labour into the US. IMO one can't say either side actually oppose illegal immigration.

If the Democrats actually wanted to stop the horde entering from Mexico they could have voted for the wall and a strong border force to prevent the horde from climbing over it. They didn't, and Biden cancelled it. So much for opposing illegal immigration.

• Thanks 1