Trump calls for store robbers to be shot in speech to California Republicans

Social Media

11 hours ago, impulse said:

Do you mean a gaffe that reveals his segregationist self? 

Let's never forget that the Democrat party was the party that supported slavery. Lincoln was a Republican, I believe.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Democratic-Party

During the 19th century the party supported or tolerated slavery, and it opposed civil rights reforms after the American Civil War in order to retain the support of Southern voters.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, impulse said:

Wow.  Last time I heard a call to shoot looters it was Richard J Daley of Chicago.  A Democrat, in response to the 1968 Summer of Love.  (Though we hadn't evolved enough by 1968 to realize that looting, burning up cars and tearing down buildings was mostly peaceful)

Seemed to work, as Chicago riots pretty much stopped, and didn't get nearly as bad as some other cities.  I was living there at the time.  Wouldn't go back there to live today.  

Edit:  Though I'd clarify, unlike Trump who just said "If you rob a store, you can fully expect to be shot as you are leaving that store,”  Mayor Daley actually ordered Chicago cops to shoot looters.

We have anti riot bean bag loads etc, you blast the first round of the looters with some and I guarantee y'all this chaos will start sorting itself out.

I'd recommend also copious amounts of rounds down there on the porous southern border.

We are absolutely sick of this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The forces of law and order. Criminals just use ordinary bullets that kill people.

A bean bag in the face would certainly make a rioter think twice before burning other people's property.

Ahhh you’re not an American remember?not that I condone shoplifting but shot on site is a bit harsh how’s about crucifixion then killing their first born?I know we can amputate a hand?all a bit harsh.on a serious note perhaps the organized gangs when caught could be charged and tryed under the reco standard for organized crime.all that aside extra judicial killings will not be tolerated.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The forces of law and order. Criminals just use ordinary bullets that kill people.

A bean bag in the face would certainly make a rioter think twice before burning other people's property.

So now you're speaking for others.

Your explanation doesn't answer the question though.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Ahhh you’re not an American remember?not that I condone shoplifting but shot on site is a bit harsh how’s about crucifixion then killing their first born?I know we can amputate a hand?all a bit harsh.on a serious note perhaps the organized gangs when caught could be charged and tryed under the reco standard for organized crime.all that aside extra judicial killings will not be tolerated.

I think the definition of "shoplifting" is shifting from what I understood. Back when I was a kid, "shoplifting" meant sneakily lifting a chocolate bar or a pack of gum from a shop.  It did NOT mean breaking the windows/doors, trashing the place, and stealing bags full of merchandise.

I equate what is happening in many American cities to home invasions more than anything. The casual and wanton destruction of property for no purpose, the terrorizing of shop owners and their families, it goes beyond simple theft.  In these cases, I think that business owners have the right to defend their businesses as if they were defending their homes. That is, use deadly force if necessary to repel the invaders. 

FAFO would give some pause to the looters and vandals who assume they can get away with such wanton anti-social behavior.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1