Weird experiences in Thailand

bignok

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Perhaps the most bizarre thing that happened to me was some guy trying to give me a neck massage in a lavatory that was in a bar in Chiang Mai whilst I was standing at the urinal, trying to take a leak.

I saw him when I walked in and he crept up behind me and yanked my neck, cracking the bone and then stood there expecting a tip.

At the time, I thought I was being mugged.

Tamadar, you could not have been in many real Thai places, just tell them no or give them 20 baht

Perhaps the most bizarre thing that happened to me was some guy trying to give me a neck massage in a lavatory that was in a bar in Chiang Mai whilst I was standing at the urinal, trying to take a leak.

That's happened to me as well. While on toilet talk, how about women cleaning the men's toilets while you're 'in progress', and at the old Thermae and, as far as I know still at Country Road on Cowboy, men and women use the same toilet area.

Phew this is a long story, but i'll give a brief outline. part one.

This is a very unique situation I believe;

came to Thailand with my GF from England maybe in '86, her father was half Thai, Mother Welsh, had a sister in Thailand arranged to meet her at our cheap digs in Khaosan Rd. Coming to take us to dinner, had showered and had time to kill so we went for a walk up to a park, as we walked back into Khaosan Rd. I saw a stretched limo IN Khason I said jeez I wonder who that belong to, my GF simply said "I think its my Aunt" as we approached this little Thai lady whom I had never met b4 gets out and says to me "Go take a shower pack your bags you are not staying here" (in perfect English) having done as bid, the little Chinese lady owner, clung to my shoulder and said "Please don't go with these people" Took us to a 5* hotel, and told not to speak to the Uniformed driver.  

Our room was bugged at one time but that's part two and a half

Edited by brianthainess

2 hours ago, Furioso said:

My first month here I ran into an infamous psychopath 

Wow, amazing. 

Sounds like something that would happen to you in Australia. 

Anyway, I can see this posting getting the attention of all the Thai bashers. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

Perhaps the most bizarre thing that happened to me was some guy trying to give me a neck massage in a lavatory

Me too. 

I was in the lavatory, using the glory hole (as you do) and some weirdo starts massaging me from behind. 

Not sure if this is weird or not but certainly unusual. Got off with a dancer after a Nok Noi concert in 2002, (Seang Issan). She asked if her friend could come with us as well, er what for I was thinking, until she told me the friend was actually her twin sister, also a dancer. Went to the crappy Manhattan Hotel on Sukhumvit for a threesome, and some dancing. Lots of stories about the music scene including Mai Tai a famous singer with Seang Issan and how well Nok Noi looked after them, always told them to hide when the cops were coming around! The ass in reception told the girls 'he was here with somebody else last week' they just laughed, but I went off the place after that.

Edited by proton

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

all kidding aside, you never know which forum poster might be a serial killer. 

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Ever hear of KataBeachBum?

Was that the guy with his dead gf in a plastic water barrel in his basement?

Back on topic. Today I learned that Mrs Chickenslegs has been saving all my hair (I have a good head of hair, but prefer to shave to No.1 every few weeks), also our daughter's hair whenever she has it trimmed, and her own hair, likewise (I have not asked whether it is just head hair). 

Seems this has been going on for many years and there is quite a bundle.

She explained that we need to float/sink the hair in a lake or river for protection against bad spirits. This would also protect me from the influence of a woman who might cast a spell on me and steal me from her.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Today I learned that Mrs Chickenslegs has been saving all my hair

Someone mentioned serial killer earlier. 

Becareful..... be very careful when you are asleep.

Hair fettish people are the worst. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Someone mentioned serial killer earlier. 

Becareful..... be very careful when you are asleep.

Hair fettish people are the worst. 

So far, so good. I have not been tempted away by a spirit, and I'm still devoted to my wife and daughter. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I posted this a couple of years ago thinking there must be a rational explanation. big mistake????

One night I got up around 2 in the morning and happen to look out the window. I saw a light moving across the sky. At first I thought it must be a satellite, not flashing and bright. But the next moment, it came straight down and landed in the field about 100 meters away and sat there for about 30 seconds and then took off and moved out of my view. From the distance where it landed, my guess would be it was about the size of a golf ball, or no bigger than a tennis ball. One local said he had seen the same thing before.

Edited by bunnydrops
typo

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

She explained that we need to float/sink the hair in a lake or river for protection against bad spirits. This would also protect me from the influence of a woman who might cast a spell on me and steal me from her.

Take her for some professional help mate.

44 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

From the distance where it landed, my guess would be it was about the size of a golf ball, or no bigger than a tennis ball

Halve the medication mate, you're taking too much. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

yes, it does happen but not so many times like in Thailand, and I am not Thai bashing. 

Haven't you got some weird stuff? 

Weren't you ever been given a massage from a stranger while in the lavatory doing a number 2 or while using the GLORY HOLE like others here ????

I'm just messing with you.✌️

Where did I say that you were Thai bashing? 

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I saw him when I walked in and he crept up behind me and yanked my neck, cracking the bone and then stood there expecting a tip.

At the time, I thought I was being mugged.

Hahaha. When I came to Bangkok for the first time a long time ago, some restaurants and night places had dressed up restroom attendants to hand you a towel after washing, but wanted to give you a massage as well for tips. Sometimes started at you at the urinal, so I couldn't go and had to flee to a stall to do my business. (Peeing. Alone.)
One time a neat young man insisted on giving me massage chops on the back after I dried, then turned me around and gave some chops on the chest. Finished with giving me a quick peck on the mouth. I walked out dazed and confused.

28 minutes ago, mikem20 said:

Finished with giving me a quick peck on the mouth. I walked out dazed and confused

Nothing like a happy ending. 

I love these weird lavatory stories, Dmaxdan has really started some here. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

13 hours ago, proton said:

Normal, not weird at all unless you are only used to falang bars

I've been to many majority Thai events/establishments over the past 30+ years I and can say most of them do not have this occurring in their restrooms.

Besides when that occurred to me over 20 years ago why wasn't that so called roving masseur going up and rubbing his Thai counterparts while they were taking a pi$$? Maybe he knew he would likely get a 'throat punch' or perhaps he was just seeking out the few farangs looking for a tip?

But, you seem to be the expert so I'll believe whatever you say since this is the Internet. BaaaaaWaaaaa