Reentry - questions at airport?

Hey,

I have a student visa, just want to visit my fam back home in X-mas in Holland for 3 weeks. Will extend my study visa with 1 year before I Go, then go for a reentry permit. 

Question, will they ask me questions at the airport when I enter thailand again? Or is it like 'we can make u scared but u have a visa so u can go in anyway?'

I'm here in Thai for 3 years, everything is okay, not did any crazy things or fines or problems with police etc, but I just always wonder about this ????

have a great Sunday!

Edited by E020
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, E020 said:

Yes, I'm taking care of that as well. 

Nothing wrong with that, am following now another study course. Thanks Jack, but still no answer on my question. 

You asked this ...

"Question, will they ask me questions at the airport when I enter thailand again?" 

I answered with  this ....

"It would be good idea to obtain letter from your school "supporting" your time away from school." 

Will not contribute further.

Clearly from your post in Jan 2021 you have zero interest in study and happy to go the "volunteer" route.

Fine that's OK just be upfront. 

You state ....

"Will extend my study visa with 1 year before I Go, then go for a reentry permit by" 

Out of interest how much does your agent charge for this next extension? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, E020 said:

Question, will they ask me questions at the airport when I enter thailand again? Or is it like 'we can make u scared but u have a visa so u can go in anyway?'

I am no expert on Thai immigration but I don't think any foreign country in the world has to let you in their country, no matter what Visa you have, even if it was legit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

I am no expert on Thai immigration but I don't think any foreign country in the world has to let you in their country, no matter what Visa you have, even if it was legit.

Most ridiculous post I have read this year. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

3 hours ago, E020 said:

Hey,

I have a student visa, just want to visit my fam back home in X-mas in Holland for 3 weeks. Will extend my study visa with 1 year before I Go, then go for a reentry permit. 

I'm here in Thai for 3 years, everything is okay, not did any crazy things or fines or problems with police etc, but I just always wonder about this ????

have a great Sunday!

deleted post...

Edited by couchpotato

54 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Thats correct, having a visa is not a guarantee of entry, its a right to travel to that country to seek entry. Imm officials have the discretion to make judgment calls based on all the information avaialble. I know 2 here that will disagree 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, E020 said:

Yes, I'm taking care of that as well. 

Nothing wrong with that, am following now another study course. Thanks Jack, but still no answer on my question. 

Depending on your visa history you've had over the last 3 years, yes you could well have questions about your real reasons to stay and your source of income to support yourself.  I would be prepared to show available money and answer questions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, E020 said:

Hey,

have a great Sunday!

Why do you ask... do you think that there is something shady in what your intentions are...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Apologies to the max.

Somehow earlier I read your post that with a visa every country does NOT have the right to refuse entry

Of course every country has the right to refuse entry with or without Visa.

All good, brother.  We are on the same page, now.

• Thumbs Up 1

DrJack is correct. Non B Ed stays should get a letter from the school regarding a student leaving the country for a few weeks.  The school should be able to fulfill this and know about the issue.  Otherwise, you will likely have some problems with immigration upon your return.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2023 at 11:31 PM, E020 said:

Hey,

have a great Sunday!

I have had a few MTEV and have done many border runs. Only one time, this last time I was asked what am I doing. I said holidaying. No other questions asked. My answer matched my visa. Just make sure you match what you say with what you have and all should be fine. 

• Love It 1

On 10/1/2023 at 5:28 PM, Dan O said:

Thats correct, having a visa is not a guarantee of entry, its a right to travel to that country to seek entry. Imm officials have the discretion to make judgment calls based on all the information avaialble. I know 2 here that will disagree 

Why would anyone disagree?

Didn't a well known tennis player have a visa and get refused entry.

Visas are granted on information at the time of application. IOs at point of entry have to decide if requirements for entry were or remain valid.

44 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Why would anyone disagree?

Didn't a well known tennis player have a visa and get refused entry.

Visas are granted on information at the time of application. IOs at point of entry have to decide if requirements for entry were or remain valid.

The authority of Imm Officers to have the discretion to deny entry has come up several times and some seem to feel they have no ability to use discretion and by exercising their authority it automatically means they are rogue or on a power trip. 

22 hours ago, swerve said:

DrJack is correct. Non B Ed stays should get a letter from the school regarding a student leaving the country for a few weeks.  The school should be able to fulfill this and know about the issue.  Otherwise, you will likely have some problems with immigration upon your return.

Only useable answer here. Thanks a lot!

16 minutes ago, E020 said:

Absolute nonsense. Came back on Tourist visa, they asked what I was doing, made me sit 1 minute and I got in. They cannot refuse u if u have a legitimite visa with all stamps.

1 of many links that answers the question. Do some research and you get your answer

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/thailand-immigration-law/does-visa-provide-guaranteed-entry-thailand/

24 minutes ago, E020 said:

They cannot refuse u if u have a legitimite visa with all stamps.

Incorrect.

Not going to fish out all the old threads but have been several.

Particularly at BKK and DMX airports around 2019 and yes they had tourist visa etc.

Granted it's not common. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

1 of many links that answers the question. Do some research and you get your answer

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/thailand-immigration-law/does-visa-provide-guaranteed-entry-thailand/

Am proud at your google work, but did you actually read that? This guy is focusing on TOURISTS who cannot proof that they are holidaying because they're so long here. I'm a student, visiting lessons, I have a school card and am earning money from my business in my own country. Nothing illegal going on. Different than a guy that comes with a tourist visa for the 3/4rd time in a year. 

I don't understand why everyone is so offensive here. We could all use this information for ourselves. Even IF it was a problem, let's say mr officer doesnt believe your story, it's more usual anyway that they say (but this is last time) or something. 

I'm not talking about the case that your visa school is a huge scam and it's been rolled up by police. Even then you would get out of it. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, E020 said:

Am proud at your google work, but did you actually read that? This guy is focusing on TOURISTS who cannot proof that they are holidaying because they're so long here. I'm a student, visiting lessons, I have a school card and am earning money from my business in my own country. Nothing illegal going on. Different than a guy that comes with a tourist visa for the 3/4rd time in a year. 

I don't understand why everyone is so offensive here. We could all use this information for ourselves. Even IF it was a problem, let's say mr officer doesnt believe your story, it's more usual anyway that they say (but this is last time) or something. 

I'm not talking about the case that your visa school is a huge scam and it's been rolled up by police. Even then you would get out of it. 

its the same for all visas. a visa does not guarantee you can enter, its a authorization to travel to the country in a given category. entry is up to Imm at point of entry. do your homework or stop trolling for your version of what you want to hear. its not my rules its thailand's as well as the rest of the world. If the imm thinks your abusing the system they can stop you regardless of your stamps and visa. Google might help you see the truth or you can keep blindly believing whatever you want, i dont really care. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dan O said:

its the same for all visas. a visa does not guarantee you can enter, its a authorization to travel to the country in a given category. entry is up to Imm at point of entry. do your homework or stop trolling for your version of what you want to hear. its not my rules its thailand's as well as the rest of the world. If the imm thinks your abusing the system they can stop you regardless of your stamps and visa. Google might help you see the truth or you can keep blindly believing whatever you want, i dont really care. 

ok, will stay in my basement because the people of aseannow makes me scared. 

2 minutes ago, E020 said:

ok, will stay in my basement because the people of aseannow makes me scared. 

No one is trying to scare you and thats an pretty immature reply. Do what you want. Your OP asked could you have problem at entry based on your history. Im just relaying info to the question. Plenty of sources available to you to show the facts.  Can they stop you even with a visa, yes. Will they, probably not but no idea until you do it but better to know the exposure and be prepared. As I and others already suggested to you, have all the proper paperwork and be prepared to show financials if they ask.  Maybe not bother to post asking for input if you've already made up your mind on what the outcome is since your circumstances are "special". 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No one is trying to scare you and thats an pretty immature reply. Do what you want. Your OP asked could you have problem at entry based on your history. Im just relaying info to the question. Plenty of sources available to you to show the facts.  Can they stop you even with a visa, yes. Will they, probably not but no idea until you do it but better to know the exposure and be prepared. As I and others already suggested to you, have all the proper paperwork and be prepared to show financials if they ask.  Maybe not bother to post asking for input if you've already made up your mind on what the outcome is since your circumstances are "special". 

I understand it, but there are the most crazy stories even if you have no visas in passport. I'm just asking if someone had questions when reentry. This topic goes way to offtopic but I still have no answers.

What questions were asked if yes? I have all valid docs available for mr officer. Legal stamp, schoolcard, visa, docs.

Edited by E020