Suvarnabhumi Airport Clarifies Situation After Passengers Secretly Bring 'Rats' on Board

webfact

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Good job guys!!!!  Always on the ball, tip top security Thailand style.

"The covert cargo included a white rat, an otter, snakes, and various other critters..."

How exactly does anyone miss ALL THAT going thru luggage screening???

a small brown envelope?

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

There was a live crab on the baggage carousel at DMK airport yesterday too.

There will be a LOT more of this stuff now that the Chinese do not need visas to enter.

And God only knows what kind of deadly diseases will accompany those Visa Free animals

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

150ml size toothpaste, only 100 allowed. The fact that it was 3/4 empty and therefore was far short of 100 and even further short of 150 was irrelevant.

That was actually a correct enforcement of the rule, even if we might not agree with it, or would hope that the screeners might be more flexible (as the ones at your origin airport evidently were).

"If your liquids are stored in containers larger than 3.4 ounces, even if there’s only 3.4 ounces left inside the bottle, you can’t bring them through security."

https://www.afar.com/magazine/the-tsas-3-1-1-rule-for-liquids-in-carry-on-luggage

10 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

That was actually a correct enforcement of the rule, even if we might not agree with it, or would hope that the screeners might be more flexible (as the ones at your origin airport evidently were).

"If your liquids are stored in containers larger than 3.4 ounces, even if there’s only 3.4 ounces left inside the bottle, you can’t bring them through security."

https://www.afar.com/magazine/the-tsas-3-1-1-rule-for-liquids-in-carry-on-luggage

I know what the rules are. And yes, I expected flexibility and common sense and for the staff to know that just because a package says it contains a volume when sold it doesn't contain the same volume after being almost used up. The limit was 100ml and I'd guess I had less than 30 remaining. But the TUBE said 150 and that was all that mattered.  As for my airport of origin, I'd guess that it's more likely that the staff there were incompetent rather than flexible.

• Thumbs Up 1

What to expect from an airport that asks for tourists but has never ending queues at immigration or security on arrival and departure. One can almost miss a flight due to the disastrous inefficency of immigration. Sure, it's the immigration that is not efficient but the Airport has enough political power to shake the BiB and make them do their jobs in manning more booths.