Internal feud rocks Pheu Thai Party: Chalerm Ubumrung severs ties with Thaksin Shinawatra

snoop1130

OMG corrupt professional politician severs ties with another corrupt professional politician. What is the world coming to. Let's see what the damage to PT is, but I'm firmly in Thaksin's camp and if I were Thai I'd vote for whatever party he was with.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

OMG corrupt professional politician severs ties with another corrupt professional politician. What is the world coming to. Let's see what the damage to PT is, but I'm firmly in Thaksin's camp and if I were Thai I'd vote for whatever party he was with.

So in your own words, you're "firmly in [the] camp" of one documented corrupt crook and criminal.... over a different corrupt crook and criminal.... Proud of you.... ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So in your own words, you're "firmly in [the] camp" of one documented corrupt crook and criminal.... over a different corrupt crook and criminal.... Proud of you.... ????

Isn't it strange that you keep complaining about Thaksin being guilty of all these crimes, yet you fail to mention that all the justices and the courts were under the control of the military who committed treason by taking over the country with a military coup.

You don't mention that NO military general in Thailand has ever been charged with holding a coup, let alone been punished or sentenced for ANY crime.

Did you really expect anything different from a coup government.

Thailand has spent the last 9 years under the boots of the military.

Has it been better or worse than under a freely elected government?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

This dispute where the Yubamrungs clearly claim Thaksin is the decision maker about cabinet appointments should provide some interesting material for someone to petition to have PT dissolved on the grounds it allows an external person to have significant influence over it.  Lucky for PT they are now part of the elite and courts will take their side.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The trials were politically motivated 'pig circuses' (in the words of Bob Dylan). Selective justice is injustice. Let's agree to disagree. I've zero interest talking to the likes of you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Isn't it strange that you keep complaining about Thaksin being guilty of all these crimes, yet you fail to mention that all the justices and the courts were under the control of the military who committed treason by taking over the country with a military coup.

You don't mention that NO military general in Thailand has ever been charged with holding a coup, let alone been punished or sentenced for ANY crime.

Did you really expect anything different from a coup government.

Thailand has spent the last 9 years under the boots of the military.

Has it been better or worse than under a freely elected government?

Whoops. 

How conveniently such realities are forgotten and dismissed when too many are obsessively focused regarding their everything Thaksin agendas. Your slight whataboutism comments [and many other examples brought to light] are spot on as such relates as the larger pictures being missed. Cheers...

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I am fully aware of those football fields - hence the reference to the "tiny" plot for his 55 (some 20 years ago) luxury vehicles. Is it not nice to know, that the government has remuneration packages of eight and nine digit amounts for the truly dedicated? 

Igess they would be liste as:

- Corruption opp #1 - xxxBaht

- Corruption opp 2 #2 - xxxBaht plus xxBaht

etc.

Multiplies / grows very quickly when you set the foundations. and when your lack of ethics and morals and your greed have no boundaries whatever.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Manas Kongpaen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manas_Kongpan

He was NOT jailed for being part of a military coup, but for,

Manas Kongpan (1956 – 2 June 2021) was a Thai convicted human trafficker and military commander. From 2008 to 2015, he led the Thai army's policies towards Rohingya refugees, before being arrested on multiple charges, including ordering refugees to be marooned at sea without any means of survival and extorting ransoms from families of refugees.[1][2] In 2017, he was convicted of the charges, and served the rest of this life in prison.

https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/thai/heart-attack-06032021164248.html

“Lt. Gen. Manas Kongpaen was found guilty of five offenses, punishable to 55 years. Combined with other previous 27-year jail terms from other crimes, the total jail term now is 82 years,” a judge at the Ratchada Criminal Court in Bangkok said in 2019 while upholding the lower court’s decision.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not what  you said, you are moving the goalposts, I refereed to what you said after 'let alone' comment. 

If you want to split hairs, then go for it.

But the FACT remains that NO military general has EVER been punished, jailed, fined, moved to an inactive position for partaking in a military coup.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I did... just not a fan of baseless claims. 

So prove me wrong then and tell us all which generals were punished for holding a military coup?

On 10/9/2023 at 8:56 AM, jacko45k said:

Manas Kongpaen

On 10/9/2023 at 11:45 AM, billd766 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manas_Kongpan

He was NOT jailed for being part of a military coup, but for,

Manas Kongpan (1956 – 2 June 2021) was a Thai convicted human trafficker and military commander. From 2008 to 2015, he led the Thai army's policies towards Rohingya refugees, before being arrested on multiple charges, including ordering refugees to be marooned at sea without any means of survival and extorting ransoms from families of refugees.[1][2] In 2017, he was convicted of the charges, and served the rest of this life in prison.

https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/thai/heart-attack-06032021164248.html

“Lt. Gen. Manas Kongpaen was found guilty of five offenses, punishable to 55 years. Combined with other previous 27-year jail terms from other crimes, the total jail term now is 82 years,” a judge at the Ratchada Criminal Court in Bangkok said in 2019 while upholding the lower court’s decision.

On 10/10/2023 at 6:58 AM, jacko45k said:

Not what  you said, you are moving the goalposts, I refereed to what you said after 'let alone' comment. 

you quoted Manas Kongpaen.

I agve you a link that said he was NOT convicted on the grounds of committing a military coup, but on different grounds.

You disagree with this, so can you show me a link to prove that he was convicted of holding or taking part in a military coup?