Phillipines

bignok

22 minutes ago, bignok said:

What places in Phillipines are good?

What are you looking for ?

If your into girlie bars then Angeles City about 3 hours north of Manila by bus 

If your into expat quiet area Duamagette is the next upcoming city for foreigners 

So many YouTubers promoting Duamagette now 

Won't be long before the farang entrepreneurs move in with businesses 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

Just now, Trippy said:

Compared to Thailand, my answer would be NONE, to live in.

For a short holiday go to Palawan.

Cebu is nice. Moalboal is nice. Palawan is nice. Bohol is nice... and a lot more nice places, especially compared to Thailand. No deer in headlight stares, no visa complications, no taxes. Lol, Thailand. Thailand just has more places to get prostitutes.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's so spread out i always lose interest in going to Philippines, flights everywhere 

That's true ????

And different areas , different strokes 

From congested Cities to island paradises to sleepy villages 

Davao City ,Angeles City, Duamagette,Cebu , Boracay seem to be the most foreigner

Philippines is changing a lot now with this current generation, 

I wish they would get more "modern" and update their public transport in Manila 

I like Davao City , and Dumaguete however 

Edited by georgegeorgia

57 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan said:

Cebu is nice. Moalboal is nice. Palawan is nice. Bohol is nice... and a lot more nice places, especially compared to Thailand. No deer in headlight stares, no visa complications, no taxes. Lol, Thailand. Thailand just has more places to get prostitutes.

Are you joking? Getting laid in PI is like shooting fish in a barrel, much easier to get some for free compared to Thailand.

But I like to feel safe wherever I go, and that's very hard to find in PI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I have heard from Warren Richard Rodwell that you being Australian the Mindanao region is the prefect place for you to visit. According to Warren they will provide you with a free place to stay but may limit you being allowed to post on aseannow.com how wonderful it is.

No idea what your post is about or who Warren Rodwall is 

But I will say I'm Australian and stayed in the Mindanao area and enjoyed it , particularly General Santos City 

2 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Are you joking? Getting laid in PI is like shooting fish in a barrel, much easier to get some for free compared to Thailand.

But I like to feel safe wherever I go, and that's very hard to find in PI.

True !

Easier to find ladies in the Philippines who don't ask " how much you pay me !!!!! as their first question 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

What are you looking for ?

If your into girlie bars then Angeles City about 3 hours north of Manila by bus 

If your into expat quiet area Duamagette is the next upcoming city for foreigners 

So many YouTubers promoting Duamagette now 

Won't be long before the farang entrepreneurs move in with businesses 

Actually don't believe there is much call for entrepreneurs running businesses for expats as Duma (really a very small city) has been a cheap place to stay for decades and remains that so not a lot of cash flowing.  At least that is my understanding. 

Angeles city has more than the nightlife if people want - easy access to international airport or Manila medical facilities or Subic beach areas and all kinds of eating or hotel facilities are all price ranges and continued major upscale development of old Clark AB.  Cebu City is also home to a lot of expats and fewer storms than Manila/Angeles.  But many go for the beach areas which are often rather remote and underdeveloped and they are everywhere.  And there are many other cities that some find great and other may not - often more a result of personal experience than anything else.

But will add that suspect most type A folks will not be happy anywhere in PI, although perhaps some upscale Manila areas might work.  Thai time seems on time.  Nothing is on time or done quickly - you really need to be able to grin and bear it without getting upset.  Most people are nice and friendly but things often take the long road to accomplish.  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I truly believe that the farang entrepreneurs will go to Dumaguete 

AFAIK there are not farang in Philippines.  Now if you are talking work at home expats (like some youtubers) then agree - I just don't believe there is much income available to most of them to support much infostructure beyond that for Philippine nationals.  Most going to Duma have done so because it was cheaper than Cebu or other cities for monthly living.

48 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually don't believe there is much call for entrepreneurs running businesses for expats as Duma (really a very small city) has been a cheap place to stay for decades and remains that so not a lot of cash flowing.  At least that is my understanding. 

Almost all the nightclubs, bars, hotels, restaurants, resorts, dive shops in Barretto (Subic) were run/managed by expats.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Almost all the nightclubs, bars, hotels, restaurants, resorts, dive shops in Barretto (Subic) were run/managed by expats.

And they had a lot of GI's spending money - just as in Angeles City and this once developed continued with Oz visitors taking up some of the slack.  But Duma has expats on a thrift budget so just not enough money going into such activities for large scale development based on expats.  Duma is growing but expats are but a small fraction and do not have much money for nightlife. 

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

If OP is more specific.  Good is different for everyone some people like Angeles city, others hate it. Same with other places.

So, what you looking for?

OP is just looking to start a topic, that's all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trend now is for Dumagethians to move to Iloilo City. 

Indeed Iloilo seems to be a much cleaner environment and relatively inexpensive but has large city facilities making it attractive to many - also easy access to other islands.