ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That doesn't sound right , Israel bombing Egypt would cause an escalation .

Do you have a link to that announcement ?

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It did say any Vehicles attempting to deliver goods into Gaza , which sounds like the vernicles wouldn't have reached Gaza yet , meaning they would still be in Egypt .

As you stated yourself if that was the case it would be an  escalation all the bombings this week have taken place on Palestine land before the Egyptian crossing

Just now, BarraMarra said:

Ha ha the old whataboutism.

Some people on here do not know what colonialism is !! does not much happen now  but its how this world was made Americans Stole ( really dont like the word stole but anyhow) the land from the natves became the USA . Australian the same british famous for it, the dutch with south africa, the french are the same  you can go on with most of the big nations.  so my point is Isreal  is doing the same in a modern enviroment  and modern weapons  and i belive most people are calling ( the pot calling the kettle black )  Isreal  is having a hard time with the Arabs ( nasty people from my experince ) i whole heartedly belive what Isreal is doing and yes in war there is whole heartedly which i am sorry for.

2 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Some people on here do not know what colonialism is !! does not much happen now  but its how this world was made Americans Stole ( really dont like the word stole but anyhow) the land from the natves became the USA . Australian the same british famous for it, the dutch with south africa, the french are the same  you can go on with most of the big nations.  so my point is Isreal  is doing the same in a modern enviroment  and modern weapons  and i belive most people are calling ( the pot calling the kettle black )  Isreal  is having a hard time with the Arabs ( nasty people from my experince ) i whole heartedly belive what Isreal is doing and yes in war there is whole heartedly which i am sorry for.

The huge difference between colonisation and Israel is that Jews originally came from Israel .

Jews are going back to the land from where they came from 

2 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

Hamas rightly told Gazans to stay because it's their own land and relocation means another 'Nakba' (Arabic term means disaster when they had to flee a war zone thinking it's a temporarily measure but were never allowed back by Israel) as happened after the wars of 1948 and 1976

Palestinians prefer to stay in their own land and die for it

A couple of points Danny; most other pro Palestinian/ Hamas posters on here claim that Palestinians don’t have their own land, and that that is the issue; however you say it is their own land ?

More importantly, the status of the land notwithstanding, they are not being asked to leave it at all; just asked to move several kilometres south to remove themselves from an area that looks like becoming a battle ground.

Hamas are putting up road blocks to stop them evacuating the area, which they obviously want to do, and you are supporting keeping them in the area to become hapless civilian casualties, designed by Hamas to martyr them as fodder for their propaganda machine.

If you genuinely care for the civilian population of Gaza, you might want to rethink your support for keeping them trapped; rather chillingly you say Palestinians prefer to stay in their own land and die for it; not sure I really believe that, but you in fact seem to be advocating it.

• Like 2

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

The huge difference between colonisation and Israel is that Jews originally came from Israel .

After WW2 that is When there was a Huge infux of jews  and made the Arabs in a minority which is why  the 6 day war was started and the UN want the 2 partision

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

After WW2 that is When there was a Huge infux of jews  and made the Arabs in a minority which is why  the 6 day war was started and the UN want the 2 partision

In 1947, Arabs comprised about 60% of the total population under the British Mandate. According to the Partition Plan of the same year, the area designated as the Jewish State, the population was divided - 55% Jewish, and 45% Arab. The area allocated to the Arab State was homogeneous with almost no Jews included.

Granted, there were large immigration waves later on, but the account should include the Naqba - hundreds of thousands Arabs were displaced - some ran away, some driven away - the end result being the same, demographically. This significantly changed the demographic balance.

The 6-day war came much later, and had several underlying causes.

Just now, Morch said:

In 1947, Arabs comprised about 60% of the total population under the British Mandate. According to the Partition Plan of the same year, the area designated as the Jewish State, the population was divided - 55% Jewish, and 45% Arab. The area allocated to the Arab State was homogeneous with almost no Jews included.

Granted, there were large immigration waves later on, but the account should include the Naqba - hundreds of thousands Arabs were displaced - some ran away, some driven away - the end result being the same, demographically. This significantly changed the demographic balance.

The 6-day war came much later, and had several underlying causes.

wow done your research correct it was my bag should have said the 1948 Arab–Israeli War not the 6 day war

Edited by MikeandDow

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I'd say the major difference is one thing in happening in our time, other thing in the past.

25 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'd say the major difference is one thing in happening in our time, other thing in the past.

I call B.S.

The history of the Jewish people, their experience during thousands of years in the diaspora, their relationship to the  land of Israel, the vital importance of the area to the Abrahamic religions, the modern rebirth of the Hebrew language, etc. Is very much a one of a kind story.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stevenl said:

Do you know what colonisation is  some how i dont think so

is colonisation happing now YES it is colonialism is still not a thing of the past. It continues to oppress developing nations and minority communities globally — from Western Africa to Libya, Palestine to Ukraine, to places like Kashmir that are facing subjugation under military occupation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, we have seen and read 78 pages on this conflict. We have discussed the rights and wrongs on both sides. I accept Israel is destroying Gaza and killing Civilians in Gaza. what I don't accept is the posters on here defending Hamas. All the blame is firmly laid at the feet of Hamas if they did not cross the border on Saturday last week this would not be happening today Any members on here who believe the propaganda pumped out by Hamas should take a look at the butchery Hamas inflicted on concert goers, old men and woman and beheading of baby's and Israeli civilians and think twice about condoning Israel for there actions. Until the ground offense has begun I will no longer post on this thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There are too many people in the World , over population is having a terrible effect on the climate .

It would be beneficial for the World if its population declined somewhat 

very pessimistic view but i cannot disagree

Just now, BarraMarra said:

Well, we have seen and read 78 pages on this conflict. We have discussed the rights and wrongs on both sides. I accept Israel is destroying Gaza and killing Civilians in Gaza. what I don't accept is the posters on here defending Hamas. All the blame is firmly laid at the feet of Hamas if they did not cross the border on Saturday last week this would not be happening today Any members on here who believe the propaganda pumped out by Hamas should take a look at the butchery Hamas inflicted on concert goers, old men and woman and beheading of baby's and Israeli civilians and think twice about condoning Israel for there actions. Until the ground offense has begun I will no longer post on this thread.

well i  totally agree with u  but i dont think you should stop posting there are a lot of posters out there do not know and are mostly ignorant  they need to be taught, people read but only see what they want to see

27 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Do you know what colonisation is  some how i dont think so

is colonisation happing now YES it is colonialism is still not a thing of the past. It continues to oppress developing nations and minority communities globally — from Western Africa to Libya, Palestine to Ukraine, to places like Kashmir that are facing subjugation under military occupation.

Completely different from the 'conquest' of USA e g.

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I call B.S.

The history of the Jewish people, their experience during thousands of years in the diaspora, their relationship to the  land of Israel, the vital importance of the area to the Abrahamic religions, the modern rebirth of the Hebrew language, etc. Is very much a one of a kind story.

I call BS for that explanation of the ongoing expansion and colonisation of more and more land.

Just now, stevenl said:

I call BS for that explanation of the ongoing expansion and colonisation of more and more land.

Its very evident that you did not study world history in school ( sorry if you are thai as i dont think they learn about world history )

if you are western you should be ashamed  need to go back to school

would like to hear your explanation

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Its very evident that you did not study world history in school ( sorry if you are thai as i dont think they learn about world history )

if you are western you should be ashamed  need to go back to school

would like to hear your explanation

I'm a history buff. 

As usual a confused post from you.

• Like 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Hamas just did  a modern day pogrom and is dedicated to erasing Israel and killing all Jews so sorry I find your broken record whining about "colonialism" to be clueless and disgusting. 

The war now is Israel vs. Hamas in Gaza. Israel doesn't want to "steal" Gaza. 

The guy is clue less  wast of time

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jack100 said:

Hey Hey Bibi Hey 
How many kids you killed today ?

Depends. How old? Armed or not?

Kids can kill quite well, so ID the target and evaluate the threat. Bet there are a ton of "kids" getting shot lawfully and morally under the Laws of War. 

Rules of Life 33.5 (a). Carrying weapons in war zones can get ya shot.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Thanks, Norfolk that's what carpet bombing does Thorgal Gaza is not being carpet bombed.

You can compare latest Gaza bombings (4.000 tons) by IAF with the 1945 Dresden bombings (3.900 tons) between 13 and 15 February. Only difference is that the RAF and USAF used also incendiary bombs.

Some 3.600 targets have been bombed by IAF this week in Gaza. With 4 x MK84 guided smart bombs per F16 per exit they cover +/- 500 exits per day or 3 to 4 exits per F16 pilot/day.

Apparently, they also use the +/- 340 kgs - M117 (from Korean war) dumb bombs on Gaza. 

Still people want to do their best to convince me that this isn't "carpet bombing" or systematically bombing populated grid/areas with +/- 1.000 kgs bombs.

• Like 1