ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

What we do know is Hamas started all this by crossing into Israel and slaughtering innocent men women and children fact. We also know Hamas has kidnapped Westerners and brought them to Gaza fact. We know they are using them as human shields fact. We know Hamas stores Munitions placed within Schools, Hospitals, Civilian apartments, and Tunnels underneath Gaza fact. So who do you believe flattened this Hospital? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

It is still a claim, and currently appears to be the most widely accepted one from both, the regional Islamic countries and an external growing populace around the world..

Presumably, no-one contributing to this thread currently has their own feet on the ground to advise.

Therefore we are all subject to various worldwide media reports with unconscious bias, to base our own comprehension and forming opinion regarding events as they develop. 
I prefer Al Jazeera to be a valid source of reporting within the Middle East, Western media reporting such as CNN, BBC etc.. not quite so much.    

That Arab and Muslim nations immediately embrace the Palestinian narrative is not surprising. If this was taken up by Western Governments it would be more interesting. So far, they exhibit a more cautious approach - which IMO is fine.

So far, there was nothing provided as support by the Hamas to bolster claims.

See comment about AJ in previous post above.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

What we do know is Hamas started all this by crossing into Israel and slaughtering innocent men women and children fact. We also know Hamas has kidnapped Westerners and brought them to Gaza fact. We know they are using them as human shields fact. We know Hamas stores Munitions placed within Schools, Hospitals, Civilian apartments, and Tunnels underneath Gaza fact. So who do you believe flattened this Hospital? 

A little bit blinkered here Barra. 

I suggest you read this from Amnesty International.

Israel’s continuing oppressive and discriminatory system of governing Palestinians in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT) constituted a system of apartheid, and Israeli officials committed the crime of apartheid under international law. Israeli forces launched a three-day offensive on the occupied Gaza Strip in August during which they committed apparent war crimes.  

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

IDF just finishing off a public press briefing on the incident, its been live on the BBC and I guess other channels, now starting to be reported on the BBC website to. Full questioning by International reporters.

Plenty of evidence shown, video's, stills, infared images of the damage etc and even direct communication between Hamas when they realized their rocket had landed short and in the Hospital.

No impact craters from a missile at the hospital, only damage from fire. This was caused because the rocket still had plenty of propellent inside when it dropped into the hospital car park. Huge exaggeration made on number of deaths.

Hamas has now sealed off the hospital and no independent reporters can enter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67141589

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

IDF just finishing off a public press briefing on the incident, its been live on the BBC and I guess other channels, now starting to be reported on the BBC website to. Full questioning by International reporters.

Plenty of evidence shown, video's, stills, infared images of the damage etc and even direct communication between Hamas when they realized their rocket had landed short and in the Hospital.

No impact craters from a missile at the hospital, only damage from fire. This was caused because the rocket still had plenty of propellent inside when it dropped into the hospital car park. Huge exaggeration made on number of deaths.

Neeranam and the Guardian will be in meltdown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

As far as propaganda to the genocidal "River to the Sea" fans and associated groups, whatever proof IDF shows is moot. Such people will always believe that Israel bombed that hospital. Also of course an independent investigation there is basically impossible. So assuming it was probably a Hamas accident, as they don't care about their own people anyway (in this life), that accident has won them a huge propaganda victory.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Currently the Islamic world has the opinion this was an Israeli strike.

USA categorically said "no boots on the ground",

Yet 2000 personnel are scheduled to be going in for support etc.. from the first US Aircraft Carrier Group?

The second US Aircraft Carrier group is sailing at full steam.

• Like 1

On the subject of the explosion at the hospital. There are I suggest three possibilities.

1) Israel bombed the hospital. With far more than one bomb, judging by the damage and casualties. Why? There is no coherent or logical reason, political or military. Militarily it was pointless. Even if the hospital was being used as a firing point for rockets, it would have been far more useful to provide evidence that this was the case. Besides, with the USA and the West almost completely on side there would be little point. Of course one cannot absolutely discount the imbecility of an airman, his mind seeing combat, (especially against an enemy with little effective counter air capacity) as little more than a video game, doing something stupid. The Israelis, although ruthless and angry are unlikely to have done it deliberately, and anyway they will have video of all their strikes. The Americans probably have satellite imagery, and certainly audio, as does the UK from its listening base in Cyprus which will be paying close attention. If it was Israel there will be proof very soon, if not already.

2) Hamas did it as a clumsy attempt to discredit Israel. I think unlikely, although Hamas are probably not troubled by any moral implications of such an act, they would not wish for the consequences if they "were found out".

3) An outgoing rocket crashed and detonated on the roof of the hospital, possibly causing the explosion of other munitions stored there. There will be satellite, maybe video imagery, along with signals intelligence which points at this.

We will probably never know the real cause, unless there is a free and open inquiry after the war; however Israel and other countries will be reluctant to disclose just how effective and deep reaching their intelligence gathering capabilities are, and Hamas will be dead.

For what it is worth I go for option 3, with option 1 as a distant second.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Yet 2000 personnel are scheduled to be going in for support etc.. from the first US Aircraft Carrier Group?

The US force is a deterrent to Hezbollah and Iran.

Hopefully it works.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean 'I want to believe'?

I would have thought that was a very obvious statement, why would anyone get their daily intake of news from an anti semetic news source like Al Jazeera if you you wanted to adopt a neutral stance? You seem to believe the anti semetic propaganda they spew out and offer very little sympathy for the recent barbaric attack in Israel.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

Step back, take a breath, If an uncorroborated video that leads you to immediately respond with an attack justifying the  "propaganda" we are a talking about.  What I see, and what others see is  "video footage" that have differing perspectives.

I don't need to step back as I'm fully capable of analyzing video content. 

The video is a recording of factual information from a real event. If two people have different views of that event then one, if not both, are wrong. 

I strongly encourage more people to look at actual information rather that listening to talking heads. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

As far as I recall, these are marines specifically trained for quick intervention. Don't think it's for extra intimidation effect, but maybe more to do with a situation US citizen need to be pulled out of Gaza etc. Or Hamas getting into the notion of raiding a US ship.

The main reason for the US Navy deployment is to provide extra deterrence, so that other players (Hezbollah, Iran) may consider before doing anything rash.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I would have thought that was a very obvious statement, why would anyone get their daily intake of news from an anti semetic news source like Al Jazeera if you you wanted to adopt a neutral stance? You seem to believe the anti semetic propaganda they spew out and offer very little sympathy for the recent barbaric attack in Israel.

Al Jazeera is not antisemitic. 

What news channel do you watch?

I hope not CNN! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Again, nothing conclusive from this BBC report, and is also currently being refuted.

Skepticism should be applied to all reports from either side.

Sleepy Joe has now arrived in Israel, after not viewing decapitated babies yet claiming he had, perhaps, he could have the ability to diffuse the situation, as he will have his own feet on the ground.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Again, nothing conclusive from this BBC report, and is also currently being refuted.

Skepticism should be applied to all reports from either side.

Sleepy Joe has now arrived in Israel, after not viewing decapitated babies yet claiming he had, perhaps, he could have the ability to diffuse the situation, as he will have his own feet on the ground.

Well, gosh, my exact analysis. A rocket motor with lots of propellant fell at the hospital. 

• Like 2