ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

33 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

.  Hundreds of thousands of ordinary people are protesting across the world against it, they are not wrong, and nor is Israel wrong for doing what they are doing.

That has always been the case .

This report shows that 180 000 people marched in London in 2021 to show support for Palestinians and the latest march in London 2023  , post Hamas terror attack on Israel, just 100 000 people attended the march  , which suggests that Palestinian support is on the decline after the terror attacks 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/22/thousands-gather-in-london-for-palestine-solidarity-march

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

Each venue got 'house rules', some posters have issues expressing themselves while adhering to them. That's how things are pretty much anywhere.

You can try and paint it as 'both sides' etc., but here (and elsewhere on social media) the main body of misinformation, hyperbole, conspiracy theories, bad language, fake news and so on firmly rests with the so-called 'pro-Palestinian side. Same thing on these forums. Don't see you reproach or criticize many 'pro-Palestinian' posters, though.

If you wish to excuse or justify the 7/10 attack by listing past woes, that's your choice. It's a bold one, considering even the UN chief didn't quite go there. It also makes your moral stand questionable, IMO. There is a right to resist oppression, it does not include carrying out the atrocities perpetrated by Hamas on 7/10.

I don’t know whether the posters you refer to are pro-Palestinian.  To be honest, I don’t read the posts, I find them one-sided, repetitive and argumentative.  Generally I do read yours though.

Regarding 7/10, and justifying or excusing, past deeds. I did neither, I simply said it helps understanding why what has happened has happened. I don’t excuse or justify it.  I’m sure if the past was not as it was, we wouldn’t be in the situation of terrorists massacring Israelis and Israelis going in to find them with enormous collateral damage.

56 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Douglas Murray is a well respected intellectual, and this particular book has received worldwide acclaim and excellent reviews; one small example is an unusually high score of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon, from over 6,000 customer reviews.

I haven’t looked at the review you posted, because unlike yourself I have read the book and formed my own opinion; I assume this is a bad review, so you must have deliberately searched for a bad review of the book, rather than an objective one.

This is no surprise and it neatly summarises the process that you use when responding; contradiction, cheap cliches, derision, sensationalism, and loaded questions are your tools of choice rather than an intellectual engagement, and you wonder why nobody on this forum takes you seriously.   

To each their own:

Murray has also been accused of being xenophobic, chauvinist and racist. His fans have described him as a defender of free speech. Murray has been accused of putting a socially acceptable face on what would otherwise be considered fringe ideologies.

This sort of stuff is not for me:

Douglas Murray’s objectively racist, extremely Islamophobic assertions are a matter of public record. He has said: “conditions for Muslims in Europe must be made harder across the board”, called Islam an “opportunist infection”, Muslims a “demographic time bomb” & that mosques should be “pulled down,” as documented in his notorious ‘What are we to do about Islam?’ speech. 

So profound is Murray’s Islamophobia that a former colleague of his has described him as a “thoroughly nasty piece of work full of venom and hatred for Muslims”, as someone who has a “perverse & deranged obsession with all things Islam related.”

I wonder if one were to substitute Jew for Muslim in Murray's works if you would still find the man agreeable.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That has always been the case .

This report shows that 180 000 people marched in London in 2021 to show support for Palestinians and the latest march in London 2023  , post Hamas terror attack on Israel, just 100 000 people attended the march  , which suggests that Palestinian support is on the decline after the terror attacks 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/22/thousands-gather-in-london-for-palestine-solidarity-march

You could be right, what is going to be interesting, is how those numbers change in the coming weeks.

22 minutes ago, rabas said:

Good, we have taken the first small step towards a real discussion.

Now, what are those Iranian goals for which they support Hamas?

No one has disputed that Iran supports Hamas financially, materially and politically (just as Netanyahu does/did).

We haven't taken the first small step, you have caught up.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I don’t know whether the posters you refer to are pro-Palestinian.  To be honest, I don’t read the posts, I find them one-sided, repetitive and argumentative.  Generally I do read yours though.

Regarding 7/10, and justifying or excusing, past deeds. I did neither, I simply said it helps understanding why what has happened has happened. I don’t excuse or justify it.  I’m sure if the past was not as it was, we wouldn’t be in the situation of terrorists massacring Israelis and Israelis going in to find them with enormous collateral damage.

You've posted several comments in the same spirit - all directed at posters generally supporting one side. Just saying.

Going on about 'what if' is a two-way street as well. Highlighting one sides' sins is not very conductive to understanding the present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

No one has disputed that Iran supports Hamas financially, materially and politically (just as Netanyahu does/did).

We haven't taken the first small step, you have caught up.

No, not the same. Claiming it is 'just as' is your opinion, not an undisputed fact.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

To each their own:

Murray has also been accused of being xenophobic, chauvinist and racist. His fans have described him as a defender of free speech. Murray has been accused of putting a socially acceptable face on what would otherwise be considered fringe ideologies.

Douglas Murray’s objectively racist, extremely Islamophobic assertions are a matter of public record. He has said: “conditions for Muslims in Europe must be made harder across the board”, called Islam an “opportunist infection”, Muslims a “demographic time bomb” & that mosques should be “pulled down,” as documented in his notorious ‘What are we to do about Islam?’ speech. 

So profound is Murray’s Islamophobia that a former colleague of his has described him as a “thoroughly nasty piece of work full of venom and hatred for Muslims”, as someone who has a “perverse & deranged obsession with all things Islam related.”

Copied and pasted from somewhere in italic font, because you don’t have anything to say yourself ….. am I surprised ¯\_()_/¯

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Copied and pasted from somewhere in italic font, because you don’t have anything to say yourself ….. am I surprised ¯\_()_/¯

I always add the italics to clearly separate my words from those copy and pasted.

And your view on the copy and pasted content?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

But that was not the question.

You mentioned Iran's aim, goals in supporting Hamas. So what are those goals?

As your statement, only you  would know what you meant.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

To each their own:

I wonder if one were to substitute Jew for Muslim in Murray's works if you would still find the man agreeable.

Who said this and where is the evidence of Douglas hating muslims? Fear of islam is not a phobia but entirely rational. Opposition to Islam does not mean hatred toward muslims:

So profound is Murray’s Islamophobia that a former colleague of his has described him as a “thoroughly nasty piece of work full of venom and hatred for Muslims”, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It's all in the timing.

The British took Australia, deviously labelling it Terra Nullus, back in 1788.

Had Israel had their <deleted> together and taken the land back in the days when such things were practised by any nation capable of conquering another, there would be no issue today.

Times have changed.

The US used to sail to Africa and collect shiploads of slaves and bring them back to work in the fields. This doesn't happen any more because civilisation has evolved beyond such inhumanity.

It is as simple as Israel simply showed up far too late to play the colonisation game.

Also, if we are being honest, we'll acknowledge that Israel has taken (stolen) far more land than the UN offered.

You took your land in 1778 , Israel got their land back in 1948 

In which year did the  rules change ?

Did you lot steal the land and then after that decided to change the rules ?

21 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I always add the italics to clearly separate my words from those copy and pasted.

And your view on the copy and pasted content?

Nonsense again …. you did not quote the source, so you were expecting everyone to think they were your own words

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You would never have guessed where the source was. The Muslim Council of Britain.

https://mcb.org.uk/mcb-expresses-shock-at-home-secretary-endorsing-murray-at-dispatch-box/

The muslim council is a self elected bunch of Islamist men, no women, they do not name this former colleague of his who they are quoting. They are afraid of people like Douglas so stoop to smear him rather than debate him.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Do you ever add anything of interest to a thread or is your mission purely to attack other posters that don't share your beliefs.

I have added many posts with substance. 
So you're ok with telling others ' sop posting, you're not welcome here because I don't like your posts'.
Maybe not just start your own thread but start you own forum then.

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

As to "they bring it on themselves", well maybe some few do. But the people who then do the supplying of "it": the attacking and scaring and intimidation of ordinary Muslims for being Muslims - the EDL foot-soldiers and the BNP and the rhetorical fringes of UKIP - well, we've seen them before. We see them now. We understand their atavistic urge. Whatever we call it, we who think about it know what it is.

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/all/an-unhelpful-approach-1.46596

As far as I can tell, this is not where you lifted the previous quote from, so not the source.

Edited by Morch

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

I have added many posts with substance. 
So you're ok with telling others ' sop posting, you're not welcome here because I don't like your posts'.
Maybe not just start your own thread but start you own forum then.

There there now, of course you have steven, of course you have.🥴

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, proton said:

Anything against knocking out the tunnel network Jeff, or does that go against principals as well?

Kill all the terrorists but keep the tunnels could be a great underground rail system for when the peace happens. Would be good for all the Israeli tourists who fancy a trip to the Gaza coast for sunbathing on the Med.

8 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

IMG_4572.jpeg.2062a1595d4ca4c8e08385b64961393c.jpeg

Can be of course doesn’t mean should be.

Well personally, if some homicidal genocidal misogynistic fanatic terrorist was getting ready to deploy a weapon at me, Id put one in his center of mass.

I leave the Kumbayas to you. 

26 minutes ago, proton said:

Who said this and where is the evidence of Douglas hating muslims? Fear of islam is not a phobia but entirely rational. Opposition to Islam does not mean hatred toward muslims:

So profound is Murray’s Islamophobia that a former colleague of his has described him as a “thoroughly nasty piece of work full of venom and hatred for Muslims”, 

How can you guys be so selectively blind.

How do you see this:

Opposition to Islam does not mean hatred toward Muslims.

But not this:

Opposition to Israel does not mean antisemitism.

How does one arrive at such an illogical and contradictory position?

It is truly bewildering.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

Just now, Yagoda said:

Well personally, if some homicidal genocidal misogynistic fanatic terrorist was getting ready to deploy a weapon at me, Id put one in his center of mass.

I leave the Kumbayas to you. 

Nobody would have an issue with you doing exactly as you state.

Would you kill 3,000 kids, to at best, have a very limited impact on the bad guys?

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

But Mojo said....

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/page/192/#comment-18460645

Surely it was not his intention to mislead? Perhaps a mistake or misunderstanding? :wink:

No.

It was an additional quote.

And there is another after it.

There is an unlimited supply of sources denouncing Douglas Murray.

You don't seem to like the Muslim Council of Britain so I gave you The Conservative Party of Britain.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nobody would have an issue with you doing exactly as you state.

Would you kill 3,000 kids, to at best, have a very limited impact on the bad guys?

I don't deal in hypothetical scenarios cleverly worded to establish anti semitic propaganda.

At least you agree that stone boy deserved his bullet.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Geez, how can you be so close..., yet so far.

If there was no attack by Hamas there would not be an all out Israeli assault on Gaza now.

This bit you seem to have a firm grasp on.

However,

If there was no oppression, land theft and subjugation of Palestinians by Israelis there would not have been an attack by Hamas.

This bit just as firmly eludes you.

You are halfway there.

You understand 50% of the issue.

The odds of you progressing beyond this point do seem quite unlikely though.

Do you have anything to back up the bit above in bold or did you just (as is typical of the bits you post) make it up?