ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

3 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

If Israel does not co-operate with the ICC, Israel loses credibility in the view of the world.   

Their choice.

Oh, wow....loses credibility, says poster.

Maybe the 'credibility' on offer is not worth the price of biased investigations.

Also - US, Russia, China....none of them are much into the ICC.

On the other hand, the Palestinians are - does it make them 'credible;?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

United Nations Human Rights New York Office Director Craig Mokhiber RESIGNS in protest of UN's handling of Israel-Hamas war, calling attacks on Gaza 'a text-book case of genocide'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12694209/United-Nations-Craig-Mokhiber-RESIGNS-Israel-Hamas-war-Gaza-genocide.html

Keep digging, oh, when was he due to retire....?   :ermm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Criag Mokhiber lived in Gaza and refers to Israel as a "settler colonial project" , its about time he left his position at the U.N .

The real genocide attempt  was the Hamas attack on Israel 

Did he refer to Hamas as terrorists ?

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

You could be really intelligent and I must be rather dumb, as I have no idea what you mean and I just cannot follow and your posts just seem to be  random words to me 

Then ignore  me and add to your ideological foment as per.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

United Nations Human Rights New York Office Director Craig Mokhiber RESIGNS in protest of UN's handling of Israel-Hamas war, calling attacks on Gaza 'a text-book case of genocide'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12694209/United-Nations-Craig-Mokhiber-RESIGNS-Israel-Hamas-war-Gaza-genocide.html

Its in the Guardian too.

Haven't seen it mentioned on BBC site, maybe it is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/31/un-official-resigns-israel-hamas-war-palestine-new-york

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Israelis would rather see their nation state survive against the evil forces of genocide from Hamas and their River to the Sea cheerleaders.

I think that the domestic/internal actions of the Israeli citizens and politicians are going to have more impact for the future of Israel as state than the Palestinian and neighboring countries military and diplomatic influence.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, proton said:

Don't recall any Islamic countries doing that, FREE CONSTANTINOPLE !

Yes, in the past colonialist had a free hand.  Powerful armies.  Conquer who you fancy.  Some colonies did fail too ofcourse.

But in the 20th century, an internationally agreed rules structure emerged.  League of Nations, UN, Geneva convention, etc.  Human rights declarations.  War crimes, ICC more recently.

Its ceased to be so easy for a country to go and colonise somewhere.  And native populations fought back.

The zionist movements attempt to colonise Palestine came at a time when the idea of international rules appeared.   

Israel needs to review its past and get real about its obligations to the people of Palestine it has affected by its creation.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, deejai33 said:

Yes, in the past colonialist had a free hand.  Powerful armies.  Conquer who you fancy.  Some colonies did fail too ofcourse.

But in the 20th century, an internationally agreed rules structure emerged.  League of Nations, UN, Geneva convention, etc.  Human rights declarations.  War crimes, ICC more recently.

Its ceased to be so easy for a country to go and colonise somewhere.  And native populations fought back.

The zionist movements attempt to colonise Palestine came at a time when the idea of international rules appeared.   

Israel needs to review its past and get real about its obligations to the people of Palestine it has affected by its creation.

Yada yada yada....colonialism.....yada yada yada....Zionism......

Yawn.

You need to review your views.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Im sorry I'm getting confused, Colonists and king Charles are relevent to what Hamas did on the 7th of Oct am I missing something Deejai33.

Yes, you are missing context.  7th october did not occur in a vacuum.  

• Confused 1

Just now, RanongCat said:

Nominal dismissive  retort to fact . It may impress  lapdogs .

No facts were offered, but an opinion. I do not agree with it.

No lapdogs, but I do have a dog topic open if you have some insights to offer.

5 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Palestine does not exist

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Is this an example of you "trashing" me?

It's like being flogged with a limp lettuce leaf.

Schoolyard taunts have more wit and wisdom than this pathetic offering.

Do better.

That wasn't trashing, that was pointing something out, try responding to some of my other posts putting you on the trolling spot.....🤭 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Morch said:

Israel will take care of it by itself. Many perpetrators dead. Some commanders killed in Gaza already. The rest to follow. There were at least two links to articles detailing how Israel set aside both operational and intel teams dedicated to this mission.

You can look up ICC cases and see how 'effective' and 'timely' their investigations and proceedings are.

Israel does not cooperate with the ICC and denies investigators entry to Israel. Investigators may enter the Gaza Strip via Egypt.

You treat the ICC and the UN as if they are unbiased, objective bodies - that's not really how Israel sees it, and I tend to agree with that.

You are correct, I do treat the UN and ICC as important international bodies.   I do expect objectivity from them and fairness.

The veto powers for selected nations affects its decisions adversly.

I think you are saying that is a mistake to have trust in UN, ICC.  Oh well.  

• Haha 2

Just now, deejai33 said:

You are correct, I do treat the UN and ICC as important international bodies.   I do expect objectivity from them and fairness.

The veto powers for selected nations affects its decisions adversly.

I think you are saying that is a mistake to have trust in UN, ICC.  Oh well.  

That depends on which official you listen to.

In addition to his anti-Israel statements and actions within his official capacity, Mokhiber’s social media presence demonstrates that he is not able to fulfill his mandate objectively. The consistent use of hate-mongering rhetoric by a senior official of Mokhiber’s stature normalizes anti-Israel sentiments across the UN human rights system. The posts, therefore, constitute a violation of his obligations to the UN.

https://unwatch.org/exposed-top-human-rights-official-craig-mokhiber-deep-seated-anti-israel-bias/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

I think that the domestic/internal actions of the Israeli citizens and politicians are going to have more impact for the future of Israel as state than the Palestinian and neighboring countries military and diplomatic influence.

Agreed.

Many Israeli's are appalled at the lurch to right wing extremism ongoing since the turn of the century.

The immediate danger is war favours Netanyahu and therefore he is in no rush to contain it or end it.

Netanyahu's political career ends when this war ends - he will unnecessarily prolong it.

The US has to pull on his leash, sooner rather than later - the problem here though is that they are about to enter the pointy end of their election cycle and appearing to side with Muslim Arabs won't play well with voters so likely won't happen.

Expect more parties to enter the war against Israel if it drags on too long.

Then what?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1