ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

WHO 'gravely concerned' about hostages held by Hamas
World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says his organisation continues to be "gravely concerned" about the condition of hostages held by the Hamas group when it attacked Israel on 7 October.

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, he expresed particular concern for children, women, older people, and those with health conditions requiring immediate medical attention.

"WHO, once again, calls for the immediate release of all the hostages," he wrote.

2 hours ago, Thorgal said:

I've provided 3D feedback from Rybar, but it has been deleted.

1. Yemen started to launch missiles and drones to Israel since 7th of October and confirmed more involvement after IDF ground invasion start in Gaza.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-warns-possible-hostile-aircraft-near-red-sea-city-eilat-2023-10-31/

2. Lebanese HZB started multiple attacks into Palestine. Hassan Nasrallah will give this Friday 3rd of November a public speech if he will get further involved against Israel after IDF ground offensive in Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hezbollah-chief-nasrallah-to-give-first-public-speech-since-start-of-the-war-friday/

3. West Bank Palestinians are victims of multiple pogroms/extra judicial killings from Israeli settlers ands IDF/Police since 7th of October 2023.

To note : unification of all Palestinian factions has been realized since 7th of October 2023. Further extension with Yemen, HZB, Turkey is ongoing.

The contrary can be said about the split of Israeli government, which nobody here wants to discuss.

The Palestine unified forces seem to be winning this war , when you you think that Israel will be defeated ?

When will the Palestine flag be flying over Jerusalem ?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Hamas will use the Israeli hostages as human shields if that fails they will kill them as there not useful and blame Israel for their Deaths.

Of course. That's how they roll. Off heads.

Unfortunately Israel can't afford to prioritize the hostage lives as much as their families understandably wish.

Another case of war is hell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Never negotiate with terrorists.

Destroy Hamas, free the hostages. Even if Israeli fails, this would deter future hostage kidnappings.

Yes, Israel caught some of the Hamas terrorists when they were still in Israel a few weeks ago , its likely they will get a life jail term in Israel .

If Israel frees its current prisoners this time , more hostages will be taken in the future and the murdering child killing Hamas terrorists responsible for the Oct 7 atrocities will be freed again within a few years and it will be a never ending cycle

• Thumbs Up 1

American Commandos Are in Israel Helping to Locate Hostages, Pentagon Says

American commandos on the ground in Israel are helping locate the more than 200 hostages seized during Hamas’s surprise cross-border attacks on Oct. 7, the Pentagon’s top special operations policy official said on Tuesday.
“We’re actively helping the Israelis to do a number of things,” Christopher P. Maier, an assistant secretary of defense, told a special operations conference in Washington. He said that a main task was to help Israel “identify hostages, including American hostages. It’s really our responsibility to do so.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/31/us/politics/us-israel-hostages.html

https://archive.ph/mzvbP

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Intersting math / moral question:

What is the highest number of civilians deaths allowable to successfully take out a single enemy operative whilst still being able to maintain a legitimate claim to being civilised, humane and within the law?

Here's an example to ponder - 

Israel say they carried out airstrike that Hamas claim killed more than 50 people at Gaza's Jabalia refugee camp: 'Dozens of bodies' are recovered after site is reduced to giant crater - IDF claim their jets took out senior jihadi commander.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12693827/More-50-killed-Israeli-strike-Gazas-Jabalia-refugee-camp-Palestinian-health-officials-claim.html

Is 50:1 acceptable?

Whatever it takes , there is no limits .

Killing the terrorists is the operations objectives .

How that objective is achieved is just a minor detail 

29 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't know , the World has been rather quiet and subdued in its critique of Israels response in Gaza 

The U.K has even stated that Israel should not stop the bombing and keep on going 

They are winning the PR war among their key target populations, mainly Arabs and Muslims. The worst aspect being the rise of antisemitism nearly everywhere.

As the war is likely to be long, the daily sight of dead Palestinian civilians can only help them in this PR war.

• Like 1

Just now, candide said:

They are winning the PR war among their key target populations, mainly Arabs and Muslims. The worst aspect being the rise of antisemitism nearly everywhere.

As the war is likely to be long, the daily sight of dead Palestinian civilians can only help them in this PR war.

Arabs and Muslims have always opposed Israel and have always supported the Pallys , nothing new or different there 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Destroy Hamas, free the hostages. Even if Israeli fails, this would deter future hostage kidnappings.

Israel routinely negotiates with terrorists, including Hamas.

Granted, that might be yesterday's strategy, and out the window.

But so far, there are negotiations mediated by Qatar.

I think some people fail to understand how much public pressure is applied on this issue.

Or how effective it is.

It's part of the Israeli ethos, and goes back to certain Jewish traditions.

Same way Israeli Embassies often go out of their way to help Israelis abroad.

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Of course. That's how they roll. Off heads.

Unfortunately Israel can't afford to prioritize the hostage lives as much as their families understandably wish.

Another case of war is hell.

I don't know if Israel can NOT prioritize release of the hostages.

It may mean winning the war, but losing the nation.

A whole lot of commentary on this in local media.

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Arabs and Muslims have always opposed Israel and have always supported the Pallys , nothing new or different there 

And this support is now fully exacerbated. With significant negative consequences: a rise of antisemitism, and also a growing opportunity for various extremist organisations to recruit more potential terrorists.

Also some political impact, for example the Abraham Accords seem to have gone to the trap.

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

I don't know if Israel can NOT prioritize release of the hostages.

It may mean winning the war, but losing the nation.

A whole lot of commentary on this in local media.

They care but they know they're going to lose some or most of them regardless. Surely some of the bombs going after targets has hit some already.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Prisoners are not the same as hostages. Hostages need to be released unconditionally. 

Nice piece of poor moral absolutism and consequentialism here !

Philosophy is not made for everybody and for all subjects...

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Morch said:

Israel routinely negotiates with terrorists, including Hamas.

Granted, that might be yesterday's strategy, and out the window.

But so far, there are negotiations mediated by Qatar.

I think some people fail to understand how much public pressure is applied on this issue.

Or how effective it is.

It's part of the Israeli ethos, and goes back to certain Jewish traditions.

Same way Israeli Embassies often go out of their way to help Israelis abroad.

I get what you're saying but I really think October 7 shook up all previous assumptions.

They'll try very hard of course but I can't believe anyone believes their efforts will be fully successful.

Look at the ceasefire question. Some would argue Israel going along with that increases the hostages chances. Not sure if that is true but Israel still has very good reasons not to agree.

So it's not a black and white thing in practical reality 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The Palestine unified forces seem to be winning this war , when you you think that Israel will be defeated ?

When will the Palestine flag be flying over Jerusalem ?

I don't know how you define "seem to be winning this war"...???

I don't know why you think "that Israel will be defeated"...???

I don't know why you imagine to see "the Palestine flag be flying over Jerusalem"...???

Where's Ben Shapiro ? I need some intelligent questions and if possible answers.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

In some cases I agree that you should not negotiate if the collateral damage can be reduced to almost 0.

Many US military experts were not in favor for an IDF ground offensive to eliminate Hamas.

Those experts had previous experiences in Mosul, Fallujah, Afghanistan, etc...and wanted to avoid urban warfare at all price!

I suspect that the Hannibal directive has been implemented since the 7th of October for as well Israeli civilians, soldiers and Palestinian non combatant civilians as well...

14 minutes ago, candide said:

And this support is now fully exacerbated. With significant negative consequences: a rise of antisemitism, and also a growing opportunity for various extremist organisations to recruit more potential terrorists.

Also some political impact, for example the Abraham Accords seem to have gone to the trap.

Exacerbated how? Other than talk, not much.

Iran's puppets are doing their thing, but not going out of bounds.

Lebanon and Hezbollah just had mouthful about Hamas leader whining they aren't supportive enough.

Qatar reportedly agreed to evacuate Hamas from premises once deal is reached.

Other than Turkey, no significant change in diplomatic relations so far - and Erdogan is always a wildcard anyway.

There was a rise in expressions of antisemitism during and following each previous round of fighting.

How were the Abraham Accords effected? Did any of the countries pull out?

The only thing that was put on hold was normalization with Saudi Arabia, and there was already a report (previously linked) that the message is it may be on after the fog settles.

I'm not saying all is well, but not quite as dire as some paint.

• Thumbs Up 1