ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They care but they know they're going to lose some or most of them regardless. Surely some of the bombs going after targets has hit some already.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I get what you're saying but I really think October 7 shook up all previous assumptions.

They'll try very hard of course but I can't believe anyone believes their efforts will be fully successful.

Look at the ceasefire question. Some would argue Israel going along with that increases the hostages chances. Not sure if that is true but Israel still has very good reasons not to agree.

So it's not a black and white thing in practical reality 

Other than the obvious issues, there may be political calculations involved.

Netanyahu, for example, is effectively already in elections campaign mode.

What represents greater political value - photo op with released hostages or reports of them dead by bombings, or IS style execution clips?

Just a simple example. I'm sure his campaign people are on it, polling every which way.

20 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

And some tell the truth of what they are, sick depraved terrorists that prey on the elderly, innocent civilians, children and babies, I hope you were trolling when you referred to them as "freedom fighters"!

Bataclan, Charlie Hebdo, Nice, Merah, Brussels Airport, etc...are terrorist attacks by terrorist organizations. They can never be seen as "freedom fighters".

Hamas-Israeli 2023 war is a colonial pogrom. Hamas, for one side they can be seen as terrorists, for the other side, they can be seen as "freedom fighters".

Edited by Thorgal

1 minute ago, Thorgal said:

Bataclan, Charlie Hebdo, Nice, Merah, Brussels Airport, etc...are terrorist attacks by terrorist organizations. They can never be seen as "freedom fighters".

Hamas-Israeli 2023 war is a colonial pogrom. Hamas, for one side they can be seen as terrorists, for the other side, they can be seen as "freedom fighters".

Post 7/10, which countries/governments call Hamas 'freedom fighters'?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Post 7/10, which countries/governments call Hamas 'freedom fighters'?

Just google : even NATO members

https://www.politico.eu/article/turkey-recep-tayyip-erdogan-israel-hamas-war-freedom-fighters/

https://ewn.co.za/2023/10/24/hamas-must-be-regarded-as-freedom-fighters-like-anc-was-during-apartheid-malema

Edited by Thorgal
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

Other than the obvious issues, there may be political calculations involved.

Netanyahu, for example, is effectively already in elections campaign mode.

What represents greater political value - photo op with released hostages or reports of them dead by bombings, or IS style execution clips?

Just a simple example. I'm sure his campaign people are on it, polling every which way.

Yes but it's not as if Israel has anywhere near  total control about what happens to the hostages.

Man plans.

God laughs.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

So basically, two countries that always have issues with Israel, one of them sometimes playing host to Hamas leaders.

Anything of substance to support your claim?

You will also find many Israeli citizens that want immediate cease fire in Gaza and hostage/prisoner exchange and that they have no problem to live together with the Palestinians in peace. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

You will also find many Israeli citizens that want immediate cease fire in Gaza and hostage/prisoner exchange and that they have no problem to live together with the Palestinians in peace. 

Nothing to do with dealing with the terrorist, besides, many Israelis employed folk from Gaza........🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I get what you're saying but I really think October 7 shook up all previous assumptions.

They'll try very hard of course but I can't believe anyone believes their efforts will be fully successful.

Look at the ceasefire question. Some would argue Israel going along with that increases the hostages chances. Not sure if that is true but Israel still has very good reasons not to agree.

So it's not a black and white thing in practical reality 

Getting a cease fire then a peace agreement for 10 years is how the Prophet defeated the Meccans. He used the time to build up his forces then launched a surprise attack. Of course they want a cease fire, when they are losing. Who thinks Hamas would not use the time to re group for more terrorism?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Living in peace next to a place where the government wants to murder all Jews is a bit of a stretch.

You've excluded important scriptures and prophecies from the Torah and Talmud in your conclusion.

41 minutes ago, transam said:

Nothing to do with dealing with the terrorist, besides, many Israelis employed folk from Gaza........🙄

It's the best answer I can give after seeing (again) 6 to 7 young IDF kids aged 19 to 24 years old that have been KIA yesterday evening in the Gaza strip. They've belonged to the Givati brigade and being hit in an armored vehicle by Hamas RPG. 

I've preferred to see these boys in Suvarnabhumi airport in line for immigration instead of early this morning in body bags.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

And this support is now fully exacerbated. With significant negative consequences: a rise of antisemitism, and also a growing opportunity for various extremist organisations to recruit more potential terrorists.

Also some political impact, for example the Abraham Accords seem to have gone to the trap.

Well if someone hits you with a Cane you hit back with a baseball bat.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Straight from the Hamas leaders gob just now and the reason they must be finished.

"NEW - Hamas official Ghazi Hamad says they will repeat October 7-like attacks until Israel is annihilated."

https://twitter.com/MeghUpdates/status/1719666852174197019

No need for confirmation. We already know what they are. Yes Israel's goals no matter how difficult are correct to at least deeply weaken their military and governmental capabilities. The after that will be very tricky, but one step at a time.

14 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Go away thorgal your not wanted and take your stupid comments with you.

Well, you all know he’s a Hamas troll, but you all keep responding to him; trolls don’t disappear if you ignore them, but they certainly don’t get the satisfaction of knowing that not only did you read what they said, but that you took the bait and consequently fed their raison d’être by replying …… just don’t read anything he writes, give it a try, you’ll feel much better for it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Wow, compassion and empathy for the victims on both sides - many here could learn a thing or to about that.

You know nothing about what others actually think............

You just look for Trolling material..........:coffee1:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, candide said:

And this support is now fully exacerbated. With significant negative consequences: a rise of antisemitism, and also a growing opportunity for various extremist organisations to recruit more potential terrorists.

Also some political impact, for example the Abraham Accords seem to have gone to the trap.

That has always been the way .

Actually , after the Hamas war crimes and atrocities in Israel, Palestinians seem to have lost quite a lot of support , the Arab and Muslim World don't seem to be so vociferous anymore  .

The Iranians and Saudis don't seem to want to get involved , seems like they don't want to be associated with terrorists and war criminals and child killers

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes but it's not as if Israel has anywhere near  total control about what happens to the hostages.

Man plans.

God laughs.

Indeed.

But to make tough decisions, a country needs a leader that's up to the challenge.

Netanyahu ain't it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

You will also find that they are not countries/governments calling Hamas 'freedom fighters' post 7/10 - which was your original comment.

Deflect away.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

It's the best answer I can give after seeing (again) 6 to 7 young IDF kids aged 19 to 24 years old that have been KIA yesterday evening in the Gaza strip. They've belonged to the Givati brigade and being hit in an armored vehicle by Hamas RPG. 

I've preferred to see these boys in Suvarnabhumi airport in line for immigration instead of early this morning in body bags.

Of course you do.

• Thumbs Up 1