ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

16 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I don’t often post links but this is an excellent article by Daniel Greenfield written a couple of weeks ago “It’s Islam, Stupid”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/its-islam-stupid/

Read this and gave it a miss, Daniel Greenfield is an Israeli-born journalist who writes for conservative publications.

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Read this and gave it a miss, Daniel Greenfield is an Israeli-born journalist who writes for conservative publications.

Thats a very leftist attitude to attack the messenger rather than accept the uncomfortable facts listed in that article, which leads to much burying of heads in sand which in turn leads to having trouble understanding why Isreal needs to do what it needs to do to defend its citizens from further atrocities by the monsters on its doorstep.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

It's Islamophobic...

There is nothing irrational about a fear of Islamic terrorism, which is why that word never makes any sense to me.   I suspect the 230 innocent hostages being held by Hamas and probably being raped and tortured as I write this would have a fear of their Islamic captors.   Would that fear be Islamaphobic or a perfectly rational fear given their circumstances in your opinion?    

Maybe one day when the religion of peace actually becomes a religion of peace that word would be appropriate, but as of today it is not.   

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Wow, did he really do that?

Islamaphobia is rampant on this thread, yet they shout out antisemite at any opportunity. Hypocrite.

define Islamophobia .. if you can; oh, I forgot you've got me on ignore; but if you see this, you need to be very careful about believing anything Thorgal says

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

There is nothing irrational about a fear of Islamic terrorism, which is why that word never makes any sense to me.   I suspect the 230 innocent hostages being held by Hamas and probably being raped and tortured as I write this would have a fear of their Islamic captors.   Would that fear be Islamaphobic or a perfectly rational fear given their circumstances in your opinion?    

Maybe one day when the religion of peace actually becomes a religion of peace that word would be appropriate, but as of today it is not.   

Islamaphobia is not the fear of terrorism!

It  refers to a prejudice or discrimination against Islam or Muslims. It encompasses various attitudes, beliefs, actions, or policies that are hostile, negative, or prejudiced against the religion of Islam or its followers. This can range from individual acts of discrimination or hate speech to systemic biases and policies that unfairly target Muslims.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

It's Islamophobic...

Obviously it is.

Islamophobia can appear in various forms such as stereotyping, bias, discrimination, hateful language, violence, or isolating and excluding individuals or communities because of their adherence to the Islamic faith. It's crucial to differentiate between reasonable criticism or conversation about religious beliefs and unfair hostility or prejudice against individuals due to their connection to Islam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Islamaphobia is not the fear of terrorism!

It  refers to a prejudice or discrimination against Islam or Muslims. It encompasses various attitudes, beliefs, actions, or policies that are hostile, negative, or prejudiced against the religion of Islam or its followers. This can range from individual acts of discrimination or hate speech to systemic biases and policies that unfairly target Muslims.

Complete and utter nonsense; any phobia is an irrational and unreasonable fear of something, and there is nothing whatsoever that is irrational in a fear of Islam.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So again, the ICC has a current annual budget of about US$185,000,000 and in over twenty years has indicted about 40 individuals and convicted six. What are they going to do to help resolve the conflict? 

What might those political reasons be? 

So again, the ICC has a current annual budget of about US$185,000,000 and in over twenty years has indicted about 40 individuals and convicted six. What are they going to do to help resolve the conflict? 

I think all nations should have the best interest of their citizens first. I do not see the ICC benefiting the US in any way, nor do I see how the ICC benefit the US were the US a member state. 

If you know how the ICC benefits the US in any way, or how the ICC would benefit the US were the US a member, please enlighten me. 

I

I'm sure you're capable of researching the answers to your questions, so rather than wasting my time with your games... 

https://www.icc-cpi.int/

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/09/02/qa-international-criminal-court-and-united-states

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Morch said:

The third item is not a 'yes' other than in your mind, and Palestinian claims. That you decree it to be true doesn't mean much.

There is no date set in the link provided, there is nothing about 'prosecute'. Even the link provided acknowledges it's a long process.

For advanced :

The third item has (also) been confirmed by the French lawyer Mr. Gilles Devers in the YT clip.

He explained that art. 6 is applicable under at least 3 sub conditions : see in bold previous post.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/?do=findComment&comment=18471687

Genocide is mostly described and understood in the fact of killing a population (the physical aspect) : as explained in TV debates, newspapers, social media,...

ICC extends the legal term "genocide" also as : demolishing urban living places, churches, mosques, schools, shops, etc...

But also blocking any access to food, medical supplies, fuel, free transportation, etc...

Depopulation, by forcing people to move to South Gaza.

That's why I was against the bombing, depopulation and blockade since the beginning of the conflict. With a lot of bad jacketing to me as result...

Edited by Thorgal

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Obviously it is.

Islamophobia can appear in various forms such as stereotyping, bias, discrimination, hateful language, violence, or isolating and excluding individuals or communities because of their adherence to the Islamic faith. It's crucial to differentiate between reasonable criticism or conversation about religious beliefs and unfair hostility or prejudice against individuals due to their connection to Islam.

Are you thinking about becoming a Muslim ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Not interested in dodgy links. Not how this place works.

Also, interpretations are one thing, and you're welcome to present them as such.

Claiming them as fact, or decided matters is something else.

For beginners :

Can we consider the Gaza strip as an open prison camp or a concentration camp for 15 years?

3 miles sea limit, fully barricaded 6m heigh and 30m deep, quantities of import, export, patients, work permits, travel documents, under Israeli control

The ICC prosecutor (not me) will also deal with this factor.

Just now, Thorgal said:

For beginners :

Can we consider the Gaza strip as an open prison camp or a concentration camp for 15 years?

3 miles sea limit, fully barricaded 6m heigh and 30m deep, quantities of import, export, patients, work permits, travel documents, under Israeli control

You can 'consider' any nonsense you like, won't make it a fact, or even related to what I commented on.

You're just deflecting, as usual.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Morch said:

There's this gap between what Hamas might want, and what it can actually do.

I'm saying that when all is said and done, it does not have the capability to destroy Israel.

It is not a threat to Israel's existence.

It's a threat.

As for 'wants peace' - everyone defines peace differently. That's one of the problems when talking about this conflict. When Palestinians and Israelis talk about 'peace' they aren't necessarily on the same page. Take it a step further - there are different points of view within each side, different political parties and so on. Each one got it's own version of 'peace'. So saying 'Israel wants peace' isn't clear enough, nor necessarily correct.

A 'threat' is not something that crosses into your country and kills 1400 people in one day (mostly civilians).

They are an actual terrorist organisation that kills people in Israel.

Are you saying Israel should just ignore what Hamas did - because they cannot kill all Jews?

Isreal will never again cede Hamas territory in return for peace.

Israel will not accept their country being abolished.

Hamas wants Israel gone, and all Jews killed or removed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Morch said:

I'm not sure how your post clarifies what 'peace' (as appeared in the previous one) implies. You are describing typical military actions by sides, how does this relate or explain what 'peace' Israel wants, in you opinon? Something like a constant ceasefire?

There was no agreement with the PLO regarding Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip. It was a unilateral move.

There are not many in Israel that support or wish reoccupation of the Gaza Strip. It's not a very popular notion among the public as well. At most, people and officials recognize that there might be a lengthy period of time with Israeli presence  in the Gaza Strip - but not like the time frame suggested above.

There was only one 'side' before - Hamas has declared war on Israel for a long time and many times, in the past Israel has not declared war on Hamas.  But now they have and they are going to destroy them, and make sure they never again do what they just did. 

Either you kill all the cockraoches in your garden, our they will continue to enter your house and cause problems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, TroubleandGrumpy said:

A 'threat' is not something that crosses into your country and kills 1400 people in one day (mostly civilians).

They are an actual terrorist organisation that kills people in Israel.

Are you saying Israel should just ignore what Hamas did - because they cannot kill all Jews?

Isreal will never again cede Hamas territory in return for peace.

Israel will not accept their country being abolished.

Hamas wants Israel gone, and all Jews killed or removed.

May I suggest you read my posts instead of arguing with things I haven't said?

Nowhere did I say that Israel should 'just ignore' anything, quite the opposite.

My comment was with regard to the level of threat - it is not an existential one, Hamas is not going to 'destroy' Israel.

Israel never 'ceded Hamas territory' as far as I'm aware, so not sure how 'again' relates.

There is no danger of Israel being 'abolished' by Hamas.

Hamas may want many things, doesn't mean they are going to happen, or that it can make them happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

There was only one 'side' before - Hamas has declared war on Israel for a long time and many times, in the past Israel has not declared war on Hamas.  But now they have and they are going to destroy them, and make sure they never again do what they just did. 

Either you kill all the cockraoches in your garden, our they will continue to enter your house and cause problems.

I've no idea what you're on with this 'one side' bit, sorry.

Whether Israel labeled it a 'war', a 'military operation' or whatever is not germane to what's going on.

You can go on repeating gung ho slogans, that's fine. If you wish to ignore that totally eradicating Hamas will not happen, or that there are negotiations afoot, or that there are other options discussed - that's fine as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

For beginners :

There are necessary measures to keep the terrorists out of Israel , October 7 th is an example of what happened when Palestinians get into Israel .

Israel will need to make the fence bigger and more secure to stop future Palestinian terrorist attack 

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There are necessary measures to keep the terrorists out of Israel , October 7 th is an example of what happened when Palestinians get into Israel .

Israel will need to make the fence bigger and more secure to stop future Palestinian terrorist attack 

I've heard that the DIY Hamas RPG can penetrate minimal 200 millimeters steel.

They also have Russian Kornet replica's that can penetrate minimal 1.200 millimeters of steel.

What kind of new reinforced concrete (RI)  fence do you have in mind?

I think only the Israeli Navy eliminated all improvised threats from the beaches.

• Confused 1