ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

In the west it seems support for the Palestinians is growing. Could it be Hamas is achieving its goal?

Do tell. Are you referring to governments? Mass protests by (mainly) Muslims? General public opinion?

What, in your opinion, is Hamas's goal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

Do tell. Are you referring to governments? Mass protests by (mainly) Muslims? General public opinion?

What, in your opinion, is Hamas's goal?

I have stated in the beginning already that imo the goal of Hamas is to gain public support worldwide by provoking Israeli retaliation.

China and Russia are on board already, the Arab world has abandoned the pending treaties. Now in western Europe support for Palestinians seems to be increasing. Not sure about the USA but I would expect the same to happen there. I'm referring to both government statements, a gentle change there, and general public opinion.

So I think Hamas is on the way of achieving its goal.

Edited by stevenl
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A reminder of what these barbarians did to some of their innocent victims. They were not given the opportunity to evacuate and get out of harms way as the IDF is doing to the civilians in Gaza.

Barbaric indeed. However, telling people to get out of their homes before flattening them is wrong.

• Confused 4

Just now, ChipButty said:

Hundreds of Thai Muslims who support the Palestinians gathered outside the Embassy of Israel in Bangkok on Saturday to call for peace and to protest against the ongoing violence in the Middle East.

The Israeli Embassy would be closed on a Saturday, probably the reason police allowed that.

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

I'm not sure I fully follow you. The Hamas goal, as you described is on a tactical level - is that what you meant? Or was it about something of a more strategic level (as in generating support for the 'cause')? I don't see the two as being similar.

The usual suspects do that they do, nothing out of the ordinary there. It's not like there wasn't a similar response on each and every past conflagration. Citing it as evidence of slipping support is odd. As for Western Europe, again - it depends what you are referring to on a government level, I'd say the trend generally accommodates (with caveats) Israel's position and is actually better (from Israel's point of view) than past instances. As far as Muslim protests in Europe, that's another thing that usually occurs under similar circumstances. If you could show a reliable shift in general public opinion, on a level  exceeding past situations, maybe. So far, you haven't, though.

I will add that while, generally speaking, the Arab world tends to express rage against Israel, it is not necessarily imply a whole lot of love for the Palestinians. And more specifically, Hamas. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, for example, are not really fans, to put it mildly. While there's a lot of vitriol talk on Arab media directed at Israel, there's is also some criticism directed at Hamas (granted, more nuanced and more subdued, for obvious reasons) - I think more so than in the past.

Hamas is on the way to reaching their strategic goals. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2