ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Reposting this because people seem to be under the impression that only a small percentage of Palestinians support hamas. 

How much trust do you have in the Hamas-led government? 

A great deal of faith:  ~12%

Quite a lot:                  ~17%

Not a lot:                    ~23%

~52%

Not at all:                   ~45%

So less than half have no faith in the Hamas-led government. 

Which party, if any, do you feel closest to?

Fatah                                     ~30%

Hamas                                   ~27%

Palestinian Islamic jihad        ~7%                

Other,                                     ~14%

No party                                 ~15%

Don't know                              ~7%

So combined, Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad parties are the largest voting bloc in Palestine, and both are terrorist groups, and both want to exterminate all the Jews in Israel, after raping many of them of course.

What Palestinians Really Think of Hamas | Foreign Affairs

And you still don't understand what this means. When someone says that they have not a lot of faith in you, would you claim that's an endorsement? This is like saying that a glass that is 9/10 empty is 1/10 full. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Morch said:

Saying one supports Hamas on a survey does not necessarily imply supporting Hamas agenda wholesale. Same thing with Republicans and Trump, or Democrats and Biden.

True, but what might the other parts of hamas' agenda be that they find attractive? 

I would be more easily convinced that people polled were afraid to not support hamas, than I would be that the people polled truly support hamas and want to coexist peacefully with Israel. 

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I know I've been accused of being a Hamas sympathizer because I pointed out the a growing backlash against the Israeli invasion was inevitable. It seemed obvious. Anyway, here's another Hamas sympathizer to add to the list, the epitome of an appeaser, former PM and Defense Chief Ehud Barak:

Israel has only weeks to defeat Hamas as global opinion sours, former PM Ehud Barak says

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may be digging in for a “long and difficult war” but former leader Ehud Barak fears Israel has only weeks left to eliminate Hamas, as public opinion — most significantly in the U.S. — rapidly swings against its attacks on Gaza.

In an exclusive interview with POLITICO, the former prime minister and chief of the Israel Defense Forces also suggested a multinational Arab force could have to take control of Gaza after the military campaign, to help usher in a return of Mahmoud Abbas’ Palestinian Authority to take over from Hamas. Even with that change of the political order in Gaza, however, Barak stressed the return to diplomacy aimed at the creation of a Palestinian state was a very remote prospect.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ehud-barak-israel-palestine-war-hamas-global-opinion-sours/

I do wonder why the Arab countries would want to immerse their armed forces in this mess. Still, this is Ehud Barak.

They will do it for the same reasons Qatar and Egypt compete for the negotiator role. Influence, prestige, and access to the USA government.

Also, as long as Israel plays ball, and the Gazans' lot is improved, they can earn cookie points. I do think, however, that most would condition that on some show of intentions toward permanent conflict resolution. Not necessarily a solution per se, a show will do.

19 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Barefaced lie in the first sentence, Israel pulled completely out of Gaza in 2005, not according to this garbage

'The Israeli regime enacts in all the territory it controls (Israeli sovereign territory, East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip) an apartheid regime'

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, placeholder said:

And you still don't understand what this means. When someone says that they have not a lot of faith in you, would you claim that's an endorsement? This is like saying that a glass that is 9/10 empty is 1/10 full. 

So only 29% of Palestinians want Israel eradicated? 

And (per your link) 57% of Palestinians feel closest Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad parties and both are terrorist groups, and both want to exterminate all the Jews in Israel, after raping many of them of course.

I think it's you that does not understand the data in your own link. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

True, but what might the other parts of hamas' agenda be that they find attractive? 

I would be more easily convinced that people polled were afraid to not support hamas, than I would be that the people polled truly support hamas and want to coexist peacefully with Israel. 

Hamas is not just about fighting Israel. It's much more than a terrorist organization. It's a religious movement, a political party, a network of social institutions. There are many elements included. We usually discuss just the military/political/terrorist parts, that's all.

People do not always have rational combinations of ideas. It's just like that, it's just the way it is. Think about all them devout family-value Christian Americans supporting Trump, for reference.

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What makes you think it is irrelevant?

Highly relevant when discussing the reason for it and also the future peace talks. 

This war will end with the elimination of Hamas. Then  there will be a period of transition back to Gazan authority.

None of that has anything to do with historical events in the West Bank.

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So only 29% of Palestinians want Israel eradicated? 

And (per your link) 57% of Palestinians feel closest Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad parties and both are terrorist groups, and both want to exterminate all the Jews in Israel, after raping many of them of course.

I think it's you that does not understand the data in your own link. 

You both place way too much importance and trust in this poll, IMO.

28 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Reposting this because people seem to be under the impression that only a small percentage of Palestinians support hamas. 

How much trust do you have in the Hamas-led government? 

A great deal of faith:  ~12%

Quite a lot:                  ~17%

Not a lot:                    ~23%

~52%

Not at all:                   ~45%

So less than half have no faith in the Hamas-led government. 

Which party, if any, do you feel closest to?

Fatah                                     ~30%

Hamas                                   ~27%

Palestinian Islamic jihad        ~7%                

Other,                                     ~14%

No party                                 ~15%

Don't know                              ~7%

So combined, Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad parties are the largest voting bloc in Palestine, and both are terrorist groups, and both want to exterminate all the Jews in Israel, after raping many of them of course.

What Palestinians Really Think of Hamas | Foreign Affairs

Once Hamas loses, their support will evaporate.

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Why would Israel come up in a discussion with coworkers? 

Comes up often enough in my conversations with Arabs and Muslims.

I should thing that every few years there's some mini-war, war involving Israel and that's usually what headlines are about.

Also, one of the ME's favorite pass times seems to be coming up with nonsense conspiracy theories involving Israel.

Maybe things were very different at your workplace.

Just now, Morch said:

You both place way too much importance and trust in this poll, IMO.

I have absolutely no faith in placeholder's poll, I just think it's funny that he posted it thinking it show the support for hamas in Palestine was pathetic, when it shows nothing of the sort. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ive changed my mind. 

The bloodthisty Zionists, with their outsized bought and paid for influence on the West, especially the United States, the Great Oppressor of the legitimate aspirations of indiginous and other marginalized peoples, have brutally tortured the Palestinian people after stealing their land and making them serfs in their own country under fascist Jew overseers. The brave Martyrs of Ocober 7, legitmately enraged by the genocidal actions of the Jew torturers, struck out against their oppressors in self defense. In return, the Zionists began a campaign of terror against the innocent citizens of Gaza, specifically directed against women and children to break the morale of our brave fighters and allies who shall continue to seek liberation from the River to the Sea by eliminating genocidal Zionists and their illegitmate puppet colonialist state.

Guess that sums it up from the good guys, right? Gimme a thumbs up if you agree.

• Confused 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

I have absolutely no faith in placeholder's poll, I just think it's funny that he posted it thinking it show the support for hamas in Palestine was pathetic, when it shows nothing of the sort. 

It's not 'his' poll, and I would say the same regarding pretty much any similar poll presented.

Polls are often open to multiple interpretations, hence my comment.

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Ive changed my mind. 

The bloodthisty Zionists, with their outsized bought and paid for influence on the West, especially the United States, the Great Oppressor of the legitimate aspirations of indiginous and other marginalized peoples, have brutally tortured the Palestinian people after stealing their land and making them serfs in their own country under fascist Jew overseers. The brave Martyrs of Ocober 7, legitmately enraged by the genocidal actions of the Jew torturers, struck out against their oppressors in self defense. In return, the Zionists began a campaign of terror against the innocent citizens of Gaza, specifically directed against women and children to break the morale of our brave fighters and allies who shall continue to seek liberation from the River to the Sea by eliminating genocidal Zionists and their illegitmate puppet colonialist state.

Guess that sums it up from the good guys, right? Gimme a thumbs up if you agree.

Borat?! Is that you?!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, proton said:

Barefaced lie in the first sentence, Israel pulled completely out of Gaza in 2005, not according to this garbage

'The Israeli regime enacts in all the territory it controls (Israeli sovereign territory, East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip) an apartheid regime'

5 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Ive changed my mind. 

I would only give you a thumb up at a place of my choosing and guess what the sun doesn't shine up there.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Comes up often enough in my conversations with Arabs and Muslims.

I should thing that every few years there's some mini-war, war involving Israel and that's usually what headlines are about.

Also, one of the ME's favorite pass times seems to be coming up with nonsense conspiracy theories involving Israel.

Maybe things were very different at your workplace.

I worked in sheet metal fabrication for HVAC products. The MEs mostly talked about what new equipment they wanted, and when they could come to the Thailand plant for training. 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I worked in sheet metal fabrication for HVAC products. The MEs mostly talked about what new equipment they wanted, and when they could come to the Thailand plant for training. 

ok.

• Haha 1