Help with METV

I have already booked two trips to Thailand, from USA, covering the period 4 Nov 2023 to 28 Apr 2024. My first booking is for the period 4-28 Nov 23 then return to US and return to Thailand on 3 Jan to 28 April. Would METV work in this situation? I am aware have to have at least one extension and possibly a short exit from Thailand? 4 Nov 23 thru 28 April 24 is 177 days. From my home in US I can use Thai evisa through the NYC consulate. I have used this site previously to obtain a SETV and that worked well but, this plan I fear may cause a hassle with consulate? Does this plan have a good chance of approval? Thank you for any and all assistance 

METV back to back is possible especially with a gap between them.

Rather than posting details with USA date system (irritating) the more simple post would be time spent out of Thailand between the two periods.

METV provides stay up to 9 months.

So question....how long outside of Thailand between the 2 METV,s

Your plan of using the METV should be fine, Arguably, you could instead use a visa exempt entry for your first trip of under 30 days, applying for a single entry tourist visa just after your return from the first trip to use for the second.

• Like 1

Thank you all! I did consider SETV but as I am also planning a week trip to Australia, from Thailand, during the 3Jan-28 Apr period I thought METV may be the better option? One other question please: As I have two confirmed flight bookings to Thailand from US for the two periods mentioned am considering if it would be any help including both in my evisa application to the Thai NYC consulate?