What do you think is the biggest threat to humanity/civilization?

jvs

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I dated a few girls but never enjoyed it, so didn't any more. Seemed it was more about them getting free meals or movies than because they liked me. After a while had no regrets for not doing so.

I still had platonic female friends, but never went further.

If you are constantly on guard about a woman's motives for dating, you'll never find one that's on your wave length about a future. Dating is how you get to know someone, and it takes a lot of time. It's never a waste of money if you want to find someone to stay with. Anyone can buy a girl for their pleasure, but that's not a relationship, and not what I've been looking for. Rushing into things because of attraction was my mistakes, and I and my children paid for them. Never too old to slow down, and learn.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't hate Trump. I have no feelings for him and only see him for what he really is.

but you can't see Biden or Harris for what they are. Why is it only Trump that deserves your dislike?

Seems you have fallen for the propaganda that Biden is good.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't hate Trump. I have no feelings for him and only see him for what he really is.

but you can't see Biden or Harris for what they are. Why is it only Trump that deserves your dislike?

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You certainly come across as a Trump hater from what you write.

Walls never work without humans to back them up.

The vast majority of the horde currently invading the US would not be able to tunnel under or fly over it, but they can walk around it because biden stopped construction leaving gaps.

Walls never work because you can always circumvent them. Biden has actually agreed to renew construction of the wall, but again, it will NOT stop them from coming. Every president tries to fix the problems before his coming into office, and you can't blame them for not being able to fix them all. He is again, only one man, a puppet, with more power than any one man should ever have.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually I didn't vote for Biden, and not think much about him either. I have rarely seen a president that was worth their words besides one that was killed by our own government , and a few before him that did some good. They are just one man, and it should be a group of people that make decisions, based on what's good for every man.

• Like 1

Evolutionary forces. We human beings like to think we are in control of our own destiny. But we're not.  We're driven by unconscious systemic impulses and forces. If we were a rational species, we would never have let the population expand to 8 billion or destroyed the environment and wiped out other species to the extent that we have. We wouldn't be arguing about climate change or continue to focus on building bigger and more destructive weapons.

But we are victims of our success. Eventually, this will lead to some major disaster, most of the human race will be wiped out, and a new species will arise to take our place. The fact that we can't envision this shows how blind we are since it has already happened multiple times in the past. Species become too successful and that's what kills them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Evolutionary forces. We human beings like to think we are in control of our own destiny. But we're not.  We're driven by unconscious systemic impulses and forces. If we were a rational species, we would never have let the population expand to 8 billion or destroyed the environment and wiped out other species to the extent that we have. We wouldn't be arguing about climate change or continue to focus on building bigger and more destructive weapons.

But we are victims of our success. Eventually, this will lead to some major disaster, most of the human race will be wiped out, and a new species will arise to take our place. The fact that we can't envision this shows how blind we are since it has already happened multiple times in the past. Species become too successful and that's what kills them.

Individuals are in control of their own destinies. Some choose greed. Irrational behavior. Money makes some do things a normal person wouldn't. Raping the earth's resources isn't anything but insanity for profit. It helps some and hurts the rest. People have over populated the earth because they both, like sex, and some aren't responsible for the children they create. There are people in charge that are very disturbed sociopaths.

12 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Individuals are in control of their own destinies. Some choose greed. Irrational behavior. Money makes some do things a normal person wouldn't. Raping the earth's resources isn't anything but insanity for profit. It helps some and hurts the rest. People have over populated the earth because they both, like sex, and some aren't responsible for the children they create. There are people in charge that are very disturbed sociopaths.

Humans in large enough groups are problematic, we get together, agree on something and then start wearing matching hats and using secret handshakes. It's pretty much all downhill from there.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I think a rock coming in from space.  We really have no way to stop that and we know already it wiped out the dinosaurs not to mention other large country-sized craters on earth.  One can only imagine the destruction of an impact like that.

It really is a race against time to explore space and leave earth now.

At least an big asteroid would be quick and fairly painless.....instead of endless engineered wars.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

If you are constantly on guard about a woman's motives for dating, you'll never find one that's on your wave length about a future. Dating is how you get to know someone, and it takes a lot of time. It's never a waste of money if you want to find someone to stay with. Anyone can buy a girl for their pleasure, but that's not a relationship, and not what I've been looking for. Rushing into things because of attraction was my mistakes, and I and my children paid for them. Never too old to slow down, and learn.

they say the day you stop learning is the day you start dying. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It is a good thing but it's probably only educated women having less or none.

The uneducated ones are having lots of them, which does not bode well for the future.

If you look at the curves birth rates are falling all over the world, except in Africa, the forlorn continent. Falling in China, Thailand, Japan, etc. Some are predicting China's population to fall to 650 million within 50 years, the crisis is that bad. I don't call it a crisis. I think it's a huge  blessing. 

We report on China whose birth rate in the last year has fallen to the lowest level on record while American research shows more adults who do not already have children are saying they are unlikely to ever have them. Hooray!!! 

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/the-51/20220121-global-decline-in-birth-rates-should-we-worry

Japan's population is projected to fall from a peak of 128 million in 2017 to less than 53 million by the end of the century.

Italy is expected to see an equally dramatic population crash from 61 million to 28 million over the same timeframe.

They are two of 23 countries - which also include Spain, Portugal, Thailand and South Korea - expected to see their population more than halve. Hooray!!! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53409521

Climate Change. The Human Race will be annihilated, and quite soon I think, by a rapidly approaching Extinction event. What is being done or can be done when most of the World lives a Capitalist Consumer lifestyle is like  p i s s i n g in the wind. And this ideology continues to spread like cancer throughout the world. Nothing can be done when most of us are so comfortably numb!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

If you look at the curves birth rates are falling all over the world, except in Africa, the forlorn continent. Falling in China, Thailand, Japan, etc. Some are predicting China's population to fall to 650 million within 50 years, the crisis is that bad. I don't call it a crisis. I think it's a huge  blessing. 

We report on China whose birth rate in the last year has fallen to the lowest level on record while American research shows more adults who do not already have children are saying they are unlikely to ever have them. Hooray!!! 

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/the-51/20220121-global-decline-in-birth-rates-should-we-worry

Japan's population is projected to fall from a peak of 128 million in 2017 to less than 53 million by the end of the century.

Italy is expected to see an equally dramatic population crash from 61 million to 28 million over the same timeframe.

They are two of 23 countries - which also include Spain, Portugal, Thailand and South Korea - expected to see their population more than halve. Hooray!!! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53409521

The problem is governments see this as bad,loss of income for them.

I also see this as a good thing but it will not affect me at all.I will be long gone.

Maybe a few steps back as far as economy goes but better for the overall environment and the way people will deal with each other.

Less reason for war i hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

One former wife was addicted to prescription drugs, and was hallucinating because of them, and died last year of a heart attack, almost assuredly because her body was overcome by so many pain killers and couldn't handle them. She and I got along fine. I left because she wasn't herself because of these drugs, prescribed by "doctors". My first wife I could care if she despised me or not. She practiced witchcraft, wasn't around for the children so I had to do most of the parenting, was always out getting high with her friends while I was home with the kids, most likely cheated, and kidnapped my kids and took them to another state with her new boyfriend. i got them back, and raised them to adulthood. This wife here was abusive, a liar,a cheat and also kidnapped my daughter 4 times before I had to divorce here to get my daughter back home. She's lucky. If she did this in the US she would be in jail or a lot worse. She wants to come back, has told myself and others, but I don't go back to someone I can't trust. I have picked mentally ill women a few times. Sadly it was ones I've had children with. Maybe now you can understand what my situations were like, and that I do what a dad is supposed to do.

"I have picked mentally ill women a few times. Sadly it was ones I've had children with. Maybe now you can understand what my situations were like, and that I do what a dad is supposed to do."

Just proves the old adage...

"Like attracts like"