Trump says Hamas attack on Israel, war in Ukraine would not have occurred if he were president

Social Media

On 10/9/2023 at 8:25 AM, Social Media said:

image.png

Former President Trump said Sunday that Hamas’s attacks on Israel and the Russia-Ukraine war would “never have happened” if he were president.

“THE HORRIBLE ATTACK ON ISRAEL, MUCH LIKE THE ATTACK ON UKRAINE, WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF I WERE PRESIDENT – ZERO CHANCE!” Trump wrote Sunday in a Truth Social post.

Trump’s comments come one day after Hamas, the militant and political group that rules Gaza, launched the largest attack on Israel in decades early Saturday. Forces invaded multiple Israeli towns by land, sea and air and launched a barrage of rocket fire in some parts of the country.

More than 1,100 people on both sides have died in the violence, while thousands of others were left injured.

Hamas forces also captured multiple Israeli soldiers and civilians, according to The Associated Press (AP).

Trump has lauded his own record helping Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during his time in the White House, pointing to policy actions like support of Israel’s claim to Golan Heights as well as his administration’s recognition of Jerusalem as the country’s capital and relocation of the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

The moving of the embassy was seen as a risk to the tensions in the region that went against years of U.S. policy to avoid establishing an embassy in the contested city, according to The Washington Post.

On the day the U.S. Embassy opened in Jerusalem in May of 2018, dozens of Palestinians were killed by Israeli soldiers during mass protests at the boundary fence with Gaza.

The Trump administration later blamed Hamas for the deaths, which marked the deadliest day there since a war between Hamas and Israel in 2014.

Trump and Netanyahu shared a generally positive relationship during Trump’s time in the White House, though tensions flared up towards the end of his administration in 2020.

In the months that followed the 2020 election, Trump reportedly blasted the Israeli leaderaccusing him of disloyalty for his congratulatory message to President Biden.

And late last year, Netanyahu railed against Trump’s dinner with white supremacist Nick Fuentes and Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, calling it “wrong and misplaced.”

While speaking at an event in Waterloo, Iowa, on Saturday, Trump spoke on Hamas’s attacks, claiming they are the result of the U.S. being seen as “weak and ineffective.”

“The Israeli attack was made because we are perceived as being weak and ineffective and with a really weak leader,” Trump said in an apparent swipe at President Biden.

Biden was quick to offer his unwavering support to Israel in the hours following the attacks, telling Netanyahu the U.S. is prepared to offer “all appropriate means of support” to Israel.

On Sunday, Biden informed Netanyahu that “additional assistance” was on its way to the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), which is expected to arrive in the coming days.

Trump’s latest comments on the Russia-Ukraine war do not come as much of a surprise, as the former president has repeatedly claimed Russian President Vladimir Putin “would have never gone into Ukraine” if Trump were president.

Pointing to his seemingly positive relationship with Putin, Trump in August said he was the “apple of his [Putin’s] eye.”

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

From Social Media.......

Still Culting , We see , Sad 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cory1848 said:

Yeah, and that was like 150 years ago. Various British Tories and radicals alike were also entirely pro-slavery -- note my use of the past tense. Congratulations on knowing your history, but you also should learn to contextualize it.

If you want context, try this. Whatever a few British "radicals" thought, the Slave Trade Act of 1807 and the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833 were passed to outlaw slavery. The Slave Trade Act was followed up using the Royal Navy to chase and stop slave ships off Africa for the next 60 years.   

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As you may be able to work out, I was not personally involved in this legislation and so can't claim any credit. But it was an important start and I'm glad it was passed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

As you may be able to work out, I was not personally involved in this legislation and so can't claim any credit. But it was an important start and I'm glad it was passed.

It was indeed an important start, but the reality was far more complex and sordid than the Royal Navy fighting the slave trade.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

What on earth are you going on about? I’m not contesting anything you say, simply pointing out the fallacy of citing circumstances from a hundred years ago and longer and applying them to the present day. Southern white racists were Democrats until the Democrats adopted progressive policies under Franklin Roosevelt and his successors. This did not please white southerners, who switched parties because the race-baiting of the Republicans was more to their liking. Both political parties evolved, in opposite directions. If you like history, I can suggest Heather Cox Richardson’s “How the South Won the Civil War.”

When you've decided which side of the Atlantic you're on, maybe I'll read about it.

If you like geography, I can recommend the Oxford Atlas of the World.

3 hours ago, illisdean said:

“Trump pulled out of the JCPOA in May 2017 and there was no war. Trump sanctioned the Tehran regime into penury and instead of war, Iranian demonstrators took to the streets to protest against those who’d squandered the country’s wealth by funding international terror.”

Then Trump popped Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani and was warned there would be repercussions but there was none, no wars and what followed was the Abraham Accords and peace was breaking out all over the ME.

Trump has everything under control while in office. Biden came in, reinstated the JCPOE, refused to enforce sanctions and Iran went from 400,000 B/pd oil sales under Trump to >3M b/pd, accrued much greater wealth, all the while inching very close to a nuke, ALL on Biden’s failed watch. Then he releases $6B of fungible funds to Iran last week and now the ME is about to go into melt-down mode.

Say what you will, bash ole Trump but he runs circles around the demented and corrupt fool in the WH who's too busy sleeping to even mention the dead US citizens in the hamas terror attacks. Worst and most useless, incapable imbecile to ever hold office in America.

You have a lot of hate and built up anger in you…I recommend the book “Reversing Heart Disease” by Dean Ornish…it might be too late though

kindle format for MAGA cult members

Edited by Cardinalblue1958
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Yet, he waged a war on truth, and with his political response to the COVID medical emergency, possibly more Americans needlessly died than from all the wars this and last century put together.

Covid was from China. Sad to blame Trump. Get with the real world.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

The world’s greatest con artist has spoken…and the US would not have lost in the Ryder Cup if he was a captain’s pick?

With Trump, team USA (well, team Trump) would have trounced Europe 28 to zip for sure. MAGA!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

It doesn’t matter one iota where the virus came from. Trump did everything he could to dismiss the seriousness of Covid. Had he taken it seriously, and had his administration taken the appropriate measures, hundreds of thousands of American lives could probably have been saved. 

Correct…his macho approach, arrogance and ignorance admin response to covid cost hundreds of thousands of lives 

already ranked near the bottom of worst presidents to serve and once convicted in assortment of criminal and civil crimes will go down as the worst US President ever…

Yet, his cult’s brainwashed followers  (thanks Fox News propaganda and upstart social media) have even surpassed Charles Manson cult of marginalized misfits and societal outcasts 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

You have a lot of hate and built up anger in you…I recommend the book “Reversing Heart Disease” by Dean Ornish…it might be too late though

kindle format for MAGA cult members

Another good read? 555