Condo chaos: Thai landlord’s shocking discovery unveils tenant’s destructive tale

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai property owner recently made a startling discovery when inspecting a condo he had leased to a young Thai woman. What he encountered was a horrifying scene of wanton destruction and neglect.

The landlord revealed that the tenant had failed to pay rent for several months and had vanished without a trace, leaving the property in a deplorable and uninhabitable state.

The incident came to light through a TikTok video posted by user @artter_ratcha, who showcased the shocking condition of the condo unit.

The landlord was initially informed of the tenant’s unavailability by the condominium management via email, citing the presence of a cat in the unit. The video, accompanied by the hashtag  #BeautifulButDoesntSmellLikeRoses, revealed the entrance door coated in cat fur and the appallingly unkempt state of the condo interior.

by Samantha Rose

Photo: by Izismile

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Amazing that the young lady chose to/could live like this. I like a clean place, and this shocks me. Hard for the landlord to even open the front door!  I agree with the first poster that mental illness is likely involved.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Fair chance there's some mental illness here. There has to be something wrong to live like that. Sad.

Not everything like this is because of a "mental health issue". From my observations here, I believe it's poor upbringing. Teaching children to clean up after themselves doesn't seem to be taught here. The "princes/princesses" are too protected and pampered.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how this looked before it was (last) rented out.

Some time ago I looked at apartments for rent and I was surprised in what kind of bad condition some people tried to rent out their apartments.

I didn't move into any of the damaged places. But I wonder which kind of people move in there and how does the story continue? Is it likely that people will try to make the best out of it? Or do they rent a bad place and then don't care and make it worse?

And some landlords are overseas and never see their own unit(s). Maybe they have a manager who is supposed to take care, but maybe that doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how this looked before it was (last) rented out.

Some time ago I looked at apartments for rent and I was surprised in what kind of bad condition some people tried to rent out their apartments.

I didn't move into any of the damaged places. But I wonder which kind of people move in there and how does the story continue? Is it likely that people will try to make the best out of it? Or do they rent a bad place and then don't care and make it worse?

And some landlords are overseas and never see their own unit(s). Maybe they have a manager who is supposed to take care, but maybe that doesn't happen.

Another case of not my problem.

Why do something that someone else can do!

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Looks a lot like many Thai homes I see... utter junk-yard, inside and out.

My Mrs is working to turn my place into a junk yard.... nothing thrown away and often items left in random locations. I feel like King Canute.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 9:58 AM, dinsdale said:

Fair chance there's some mental illness here. There has to be something wrong to live like that. Sad.

Nothing mental. No upbringing, laziness, simple disrespect for the owner. I guess there is no cleaning app to do the work whilst lying on the sofa.....

Time for landlords to clamp down on such behaviour by issuing detailed and tough rental contracts, specifying immediate eviction and forfeiture of any security deposit in case of an inspection failing basic standards of cleanliness (24 hours advance notice), failure to pay rent or utilities on time (landlords can monitor electricity accounts on PEA app ,for example) or not conducting a proper return handover of the properrty at the contract conclusion. Security deposit should be up to three monthly rents by now, in line with inflation (deposit amount must correlate with reasonable expenses such as replacement of damaged or stolen items, outstanding rent or utilities for the final (pro-rata) billing period. and labour costs.