Tourist turmoil: Thailand grapples with 10,000 unexpected Israeli guests amid conflict aftermath

webfact

Maybe it is possible that the Isreal airline is bringing Thais and other foreignors out of 

Isreal and taking their own reservists back to Isreal.  Think out side the box okay?

Isreal military would have the ident codes for their airlines as not to shoot them down,

right?  Use your brains folks. IMO of course.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LudwigK said:

Is Thailand going to be the new refugee country? 

After Russia and ucraine now Israel? What country is the next? 

As long as they spend money they could care less if they came from the moon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Enoon said:

What's to "grapple" with?

10,000 tourists is too many for Thailand to handle?

Is it over the "quota" for the month?

Good point. 

10,000 is peanuts compared to the Chinese.

Is there a backlog on the chickpea shipments or something?

17 hours ago, LALes said:

How come when 120,000 Chinese enter Thailand its seen as the second coming but 10,000 Israelis show up and they are "grappling" to deal with the "problem"?

Chinese tourists down 30k, Israeli tourists up 10k. Seems like swings and balances.

19 hours ago, Purdey said:

I guess the Russians here can be friendly with Ukrainian tourists. The Israeli tourists can get on with - I was going to say Palestinian tourists but I guess there aren't many. Thailand, a non-aligned country, could benefit from the input of foreign money. 

Not popular with Arab nationals I would expect.....

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, tkramer said:

Just wait till 'Joseph the Corrupt' (Biden)) decides that now Israel needs tremendous amonts of financial support, and makes a strong case for sending more of 'our' money to more criminals overseas. 

What does he care...as long as he can continue to block and confuse all the 'Hunter-ness', and save his family legacy, then his days being numbered do not matter.

You think the Republicans wouldn't support Israel? Mind-boggling idiocy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Too bad the forum stopped identifying who posts emoticons..

I would block the idiot who posted a laughing emoticon to the above post.

Got the cojones to identify yourself?

I wondered about this also - since when (and why?) did the emoticons stop being able to be identified? It's kind of important to know if you're having an ongoing debate with other people.

As to getting in fights with people who post emoticons on anonymous internet forums...LOL!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2023 at 2:45 PM, tkramer said:

As far as I'm concerned...the Israelis brought this upon themselves. Inch by inch, day by day, with their constant and systematic 'land theft'.

Not to mention the systematic murder and brutalization of 2,000,000 refugees in Gaza, half of whom are children.  

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, bluejets said:

So no trouble finding flights for 10,000 Israelites to come here but cannot find any way to get a couple of hundred Thais back home out of danger.

There is about 30,000 Thai's in Israel and it's not Israel's problem to get the home, seems a lot want to stay, 

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2023 at 6:33 PM, Airwolf said:

Majority of Israeli tourists/backpackers I met on my travels were very rude and unfriendly, was pretty much the consensus with other international backpackers. The women are pretty hot though. 

Israeli tourists have long been regarded as unfriendly. I went on a van trip to Kanchanaburi in the 90s with a couple of israeli men and was very uncomfortable.

More recently, I went on a tour of Belfast. The guide was a Catholic  and an israeli woman was telling him how she identified with the Catholics in their fight against English oppression. The look on his face told the story though. 

IMO israelis should not proclaim their identity in public in LOS, as it might not result in a favourable response.

6 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Not to mention the systematic murder and brutalization of 2,000,000 refugees in Gaza, half of whom are children.  

So far the casualty toll is about the same on both sides. Israel took 5 days to reach the Hamas's one day record, though.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Israeli tourists have long been regarded as unfriendly. I went on a van trip to Kanchanaburi in the 90s with a couple of israeli men and was very uncomfortable.

More recently, I went on a tour of Belfast. The guide was a Catholic  and an israeli woman was telling him how she identified with the Catholics in their fight against English oppression. The look on his face told the story though. 

IMO israelis should not proclaim their identity in public in LOS, as it might not result in a favourable response.

Yeah, because right now Thai people would be real pissed at the for what they did to them poor Thai workers....oh, wait.