Israel's options don't look good - but a full-scale military campaign in the near future is inevitable

Social Media

5 hours ago, candide said:

It seems that Hamas is following a similar strategy to that of the RAF (Rote Armee Faktion) in the past (for those who remember this time).

Can you please explain, I don't see many similarities.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately this has the propensity to turn into a regional conflict very rapidly with Iran, Lebanon and Syria. Already Israel has taken preemptive action on airstrips in Syria and may implement such action in Iran. Let’s hope Syria doesn’t use their chemical weapons, that would reciprocate an ultimate response from Israel and in turn Israel would most likely lose any support from all nations.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The Israeli Ministry of Defense and the IDF notified the UN just before midnight local time to evacuate its staff and notify Palestinians living north of Wadi Gaza that they should evacuate to the southern part of the Gaza Strip in the next 24 hours, UN spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric and another source with direct knowledge.”

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/13/israel-gaza-hamas-evacuate-un-ground-operation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Kill everyone how? Current casualty figures evened out just now. If Israel intended to kill all Gazans, things would be different.

Kill everyone how? I'm sure Israel can think of a way to kill everyone.

Current casualty figures evened out just now. That's a relief, to anyone thinking this was an uneven contest

If Israel intended to kill all Gazans, things would be different.

How would they be different?

Will the end scenario make all the other Arab nations love the Israeli's more or less?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, bizboi said:

…as does doing nothing and having terrorist atrocities commuted against you every Saturday morning!! Maybe you think they should just leave lands they’ve occupied for 4000 years give it take a few hundred - and before people start ranting about the Balfour treaty ( which was of course a UN mandate) have a think why not only the Jews but the Armenians and the Kurds face persecution I. The middle - it’s to do with a religion which has no tolerance for other religions!!!! But expects tolerance to them!

I personally couldn't careless about who is at fault for any conflict, I'm just sad that humanity continues to keep killing one another, end of.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Get it done exterminate Hamas if the Palestinians want relief they need to rat out the barbarians that brought this debacle down on their heads 

Since Hamas live amongst the 2.4 Million Palestimians in the Gaza strip, your request to 'exterminate Hamas' can only be realised in exterminating the whole population living in Gaza.

You're ok with that scenario?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Since Hamas live amongst the 2.4 Million Palestimians in the Gaza strip, your request to 'exterminate Hamas' can only be realised in exterminating the whole population living in Gaza.

Why not - Hamas seem to be!

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Neither side has any morals, these tit for tat atrocities have been going on for millennia

None of  the protagonists on both sides will never be happy no matter what the outcome.

To me it is all a waste of human lives.

Seems to me Hamas always starts it every time things go quiet - I used to have a balanced view too but then I saw what’s happening to the Kurds and the koptics in Egypt and the Armenians - it’s purely about one sides religion being unable to tolerate anything but their own @book@

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Neither side has any morals, these tit for tat atrocities have been going on for millennia

None of  the protagonists on both sides will never be happy no matter what the outcome.

To me it is all a waste of human lives.

Israel does not intentionally  target children, or much of the other stuff carried out by Hamas on this attack.

War is never pretty, nor nice. You conflate a terrorist attack with a military one.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Hamas digs in among civilians, effectively using them as a shield. You seem to absolve them of any responsibility.

As for your decisive claim, it is not accurate. There are sure to be a whole lot of civilian deaths, but it does not imply your hyperbole.

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

If it will make you happy let me say this.

Anybody who takes the life of another Human being for whatever reason is bad.

Luckily, my happiness does not depend on what some random, anonymous person posts on the internet,

As to what you posted: Just instant waffle. Self defense, for example, is acceptable.

• Confused 1