Cabinet Approves Visa Extension for Russian Tourists

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Thailand doesn't want Western or European tourists or expats!  Thailand is one of the only SE Asian autocracy's that politically support China.  Vietnam hates China. And is cashing in on China's decoupling. China is using Thailand as a way to bypass sanctions on China. It won't be long before Thailand will have western sanctions placed on it. That will further escalate tensions and drive them closer to China for financial support. 

If Chinese, Thailand is whera you want to be. If a western living or visiting there you are basically screwed.

Maybe theyre right, legal cannabis use may not be a good idea lol!

15 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Say what you will, but Russians spend a hell of a lot of money in Thai owned establishments.  Wander into any place with Russian writing on the menu and the prices will make your eyes water. 

I was in Phuket for a month earlier this year and some of the Russian women had me stopping my motorbike to get a longer look at them.  Tall, with beautiful bodies and clear skin, very few had tattoos. 

Agree, compared to Indians and Chinese, the Russians do spend on motorbikes, food, partying and 7-11.  They are not too happy  when walking around, but overall, I have no issues with them compared to the rude Indians who walk all over the street here in Pattaya and hassle the locals about pricing.  Hygiene is also a big problem with them.  The Chinese just spend money on Chinese.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Thailand doesn't want Western or European tourists or expats!  Thailand is one of the only SE Asian autocracy's that politically support China.  Vietnam hates China. And is cashing in on China's decoupling. China is using Thailand as a way to bypass sanctions on China. It won't be long before Thailand will have western sanctions placed on it. That will further escalate tensions and drive them closer to China for financial support. 

If Chinese, Thailand is where you want to be. If a western living or visiting there you are basically screwed.

A friend just told me he was speaking to Chinese in Bkk and the message was clear, the Chinese are coming in the hundreds of thousands because they are fed up with the CCP.  They run the show now in Thailand.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Say what you will, but Russians spend a hell of a lot of money in Thai owned establishments.  Wander into any place with Russian writing on the menu and the prices will make your eyes water. 

I was in Phuket for a month earlier this year and some of the Russian women had me stopping my motorbike to get a longer look at them.  Tall, with beautiful bodies and clear skin, very few had tattoos. 

Typing with one hand….where’s the other?????

Edited by Fairynuff
Thpo

Here is a suggestion for the Powers in charge,,,how about asking your Thailand citizens who they prefer here as tourists?  Who is spending the most money in their businesses, towns, tourists attraction, bars, etc.  Who is supporting Issan families?  

An honest fact based poll should be completed and then they can act on the results.

let me guess who would be the most popular?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1697438064_687725-tnamcot-768x432.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 16 (TNA) – The Thai Cabinet has given its approval for an extension of the visa-free stay for Russian tourists to 90 days in an effort to boost tourism in Thailand.

Following a cabinet meeting, Prime Minister and Finance Minister Srettha Thavisin and the Minister of Finance disclosed their plans to extend the duration of the visa-free period.

This decision comes as part of a broader initiative to stimulate the tourism sector, replacing the previous 30-day visa-free period with a more extended 90-day stay.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-10-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

What’s the broader part?  

Just now, Taboo2 said:

Agree, compared to Indians and Chinese, the Russians do spend on motorbikes, food, partying and 7-11.  They are not too happy  when walking around, but overall, I have no issues with them compared to the rude Indians who walk all over the street here in Pattaya and hassle the locals about pricing.  Hygiene is also a big problem with them.  The Chinese just spend money on Chinese.

You're having a laugh.  Russians are the rudest race on the planet.  

• Thumbs Up 1

"..........a one-month stay abroad, such as in Thailand, may not be enough."

Does the Thai Government have any idea how much annual leave/holiday the people in other countries in the World get? 

The UK gets 20 days per year, the US gets 10 days after 1  years service, and Russia appears to be one of the best with 20 - 37 days.

So how can they justify a 90 days extension - obviously a lot of Russians have a lot of money and don't need to work? Or are they "absconding from their patriotic duties"?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Recognizing the frigid winter weather in Russia and the desire of Russian travelers to escape it, the government aims to encourage them to stay in Thailand for a longer period.

Swedes are normally placid, but we may see some lose it. Maybe send some riot police to Hua Hin.

It just goes to show the intelligence of the new government, if they were serious about stimulating tourism it would be a blanket 90 day visa for all countries with 30 day visa status and not just for Russians!

It also shows where their real allegiance is, China & Russia. If China's financial situation gets worse and Putin looses his "special military operation" murdering Ukrainians, Thailand will go running with cap in hand to the west!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This is the reason Putin wants to meet with the prime minister... to tell him "NO"... Putin needs the draft dodgers sent home now to bolster his troops. 

Except the war has clearly been won.

Especially now Israel in the mix for US fiat currency ????.

Maybe you could explain how Ukraine gonna funds it's continued meat grinder. I practically lose sleep over the death and destruction which the vast majority here on this forum applaud.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jelli said:

Except the war has clearly been won.

Especially now Israel in the mix for US fiat currency ????.

Maybe you could explain how Ukraine gonna funds it's continued meat grinder. I practically lose sleep over the death and destruction which the vast majority here on this forum applaud.

Could you point out how the war has clearly been won, and which side won...?  :huh: