Small Pool inside the house

thaipak

1 hour ago, thaipak said:

Hi

I need to build a 190*90*70 cm pool inside my bathroom. Has anyone ever attempted it. Appreciate some advise. 

About 1.17 tonnes of water (when full)...   Should be fine even on a 2nd floor etc...

I've seen plenty of similar structures in Japan hotels rooms (onsen type baths).

Obviously ensuring they are correctly sealed and drain correctly is of key importance particularly if in a condo etc...

I think it can be a concrete construction, sealed, then tiled... 

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
1 hour ago, thaipak said:

I need to build a 190*90*70 cm pool inside my bathroom.

Hardly Olympic size eh?

There's a lot of attention being directed towards the benefits of taking regular ice-baths... 

Perhaps an interesting idea... (if not somewhat of an expensive habit to maintain)....

I used to play a lot of football... less so now that I'm older (just a couple of times per week)...  I've often thought of getting an 'ice bath' set up to aid recovery.... (walking the following morning after a game is often painful !!)... 

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

& 190cm is a bit deep for a bath too....  :whistling:

I think that would be the length. while 70 and 90 being depth and width. 

Oh dear... Of course it is...  I was being daft - no need to take such obviously facetious comments so literally !!!... 

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There's a lot of attention being directed towards the benefits of taking regular ice-baths... 

Perhaps an interesting idea... (if not somewhat of an expensive habit to maintain)....

I used to play a lot of football... less so now that I'm older (just a couple of times per week)...  I've often thought of getting an 'ice bath' set up to aid recovery.... (walking the following morning after a game is often painful !!)... 

Ice was invented to go into Whisky. 

• Haha 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... you're going to face resistance with that...

Do you mean that putting ice in whisky is sacrilegious? Can't be any worse than ice in BEER, yuk.

I can take any resistance!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... you're going to face resistance with that...

Do you mean that putting ice in whisky is sacrilegious? Can't be any worse than ice in BEER, yuk.

I can take any resistance!

That would depend on the Whisky with ice is certainly better than no Whisky at all.

With a good Whisky adding ice is said to be sacrilegious.

Adding ice is a sin I'm sometimes guilty of...   never when having an excellent whisky to enjoy over a period of time... but when drinking a little quicker, with friends in a social setting etc... then I don't think a Speyside or Highlands single malt with ice is not going to upset the Whisky gods too much.

On 10/17/2023 at 9:08 AM, thaipak said:

Hi

I need to build a 190*90*70 cm pool inside my bathroom. Has anyone ever attempted it. Appreciate some advise. 

Sounds more like a large bathtup or jacuzzi. You can buy them already made for a reasonable price and just need water inlet – cold + warm preferably – and drain, to let water out; and of course electric supply, if it's a jacuzzi.

I have one – the jacuzzi-type – no big deal to get installed. However, I never use it, so think twice, if you really need it. But as my clever girlfriend say: »Just leave it, we make face having it...👍«...:laugh:

• Like 1