Bangkok Pattaya hospital or Bumrungrad?

timoti

9 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

I would say that if you're focused on hospital selection, Bumrungrad (impressive service), that you're doing it all wrong and paying premium prices for much of the same care. Doesn't doctoring and care essentially revolve around the best physicians?

Find a doctor that you're impressed with then take a closer look, many if not most also consult at government or other private hospitals where prices are a fraction of the cost for essentially the same care.

Certainly some hospitals are better known for specific specialty care.

There is no simple answer, I just submit that the doctor is more an important factor than the particular hospital

Yes indeed but how do you find out who are the best physicians for your complaint ?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Bumrungrad - hands down the best hospital with the best Drs. 

Many of those ‘best’ Drs also work at government hospitals, at which the procedure will be cheaper,  however, after-care may also be of a lower standard & you’ll find yourself queueing more etc.

If insured or you’re not worried about cost - Bumrungrad is a no brainer. 

Who are the best physicians ? 
This forum is an excellent source for such information, Sheryl will probably be among shortly - she has the best factual & most comprehensive knowledge of ‘everything’ medical in Thailand & will very likely be able to recommend well respected physicians. 

I would tend to agree with you providing you live in or close to Bangkok. Its not very practical to travel for hours on end for hospital appointments.

Just sayin like.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

RF ablation is a highly specialized procedure and only a handful of doctors have much experience in it. Would definitely need to be Bangkok for this at this time.

For this or anything else, Choose the doctor not the hospital. 

As another thread akready running on this subject complete with specific doctor recommendations this one is closed.