Sourpuss Waitresses.

bob smith

53 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I ordered some from a french place. i thought is was hard boiled eggs like you would get with an easter egg in the usa. instead they eat them soft boiled, almost a liquid. 😙

Could contain:

In Singapore that is how boiled eggs are. Barely warmed. 

I order khai dao “suk”. Seems to translate even if I get the tone wrong. I think eggs are good for you so I try to eat a couple a week usually at the buffet breakfast, but only if it is free at the layover hotel.  

Singapore. Them eggs they are under a heat lamp sunny side up. If you order well done they try to take one that has been sitting there and reheat it . I once asked to fry a fresh one SoupussUncle look at me like I’m some complete jerk. 

But they will cook an omelette to order 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Captain Monday

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

yeah, i did.

I told her next time not to serve me runny eggs!!

Keep in mind waitress is not the cook. Relaying a complaint to the cook could be highly problematic for her  if cook is older than she is or  more  senior in the establishment. 

And quite possible neither cook nor waitress has any idea how to prepare eggs western style.

Unless at a place that clearly specializes in western food, best to avoid ordering same in Thailand. 

In terms of eggs. Thais understand omelet. Boiled, poached, scrambled, Western-style fried eggs are not normal Thai fare. 

• Like 1

Many people in customer relations, services etc.... use the absurd technique to look and treat the customer i a stern manner.

Like one may do with a kid to make him/her behave. It's just a manipulation hoping it will push the customer to try become friends, indulge and leave a tip. Do not hesitate to report the bad behaviour of the staff in the restaurant on Google and name and shame such people who should be grateful to have customers and a job.

And of course do not go back there and tell your friends and neighbours when the service is bad - should it be in a restaurant or by your condo or house manager or who ever. Customers need to respect staff yes. But it also works the other way round.

Edited by Middle Aged Grouch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

If they want money to live then they better shape up! Because people will stop eating there. No customers = no money. It would behoove the waitresses to be extra nice all the time to make as much tips as possible.

simple economics which quite clearly Thai people just can’t seem to grasp.

With all the foolish people saying all over "ohh it costs more back home"...."ohh the poor people earn so little so it is normal"....etc etc...the standards drop, customers are taken for granted, and one ends up in getting bad service.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Relaying a complaint to the cook could be highly problematic for her  if cook is older than she is or  more  senior in the establishment. 

This, imo, is the whole problem with Thai culture in a nutshell.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

And quite possible neither cook nor waitress has any idea how to prepare eggs western style.

One normally goes to an English-owned establishment for a Full English. If the gaffer is doing his job properly then all the cooks will know how to make all the Pommy food the correct way, or as close to it as possible or he won't get much return business.

eg. I've been going on-and-off to a famous establishment on Soi 13 in Pattaya over the years since 1998 and have never had a bad Full English. OK maybe the bacon was a bit overcooked once or twice 😉

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

One normally goes to an English-owned establishment for a Full English. If the gaffer is doing his job properly then all the cooks will know how to make all the Pommy food the correct way, or as close to it as possible or he won't get much return business.

eg. I've been going on-and-off to a famous establishment on Soi 13 in Pattaya over the years since 1998 and have never had a bad Full English. OK maybe the bacon was a bit overcooked once or twice 😉

The OP might not have been in an English-owned establishment. 

• Like 1

The OP has some points seems to be consistent to where I don´t really eat out much.

Just today in the afternoon, I ordered a Cappucino and twice I said no sugar.  Of course, it comes full of suger so I politely said I asked for no suger.  Eye roll, sigh, chatter with her Thai collleague and pissed off emotions as she made me another coffee.   

9 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

because according to Bogs himself he's handsome, urbane, sophisticated and rich so only the best will do for him. 

nice to see some people finally catchin on!!

its the rolex, once you're sporting one you cant just be seen eating in any old dive can you!!

Edited by bob smith
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, bob smith said:

If you're trolling, you are very amusing. Pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work.

But if you're dead serious, do you want to be responsible for a waitress getting fired because your eggs weren't cooked perfectly? Rather silly and cruel, no? 

Cheers, bobby baby.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

So you do live in Thailand Bob! And I thought you were Burmese re you post saying you worked as a hospital cleaner with some other friends of yours... Or was it just general BS?

Well, well, wha'do'ya'know. Fiction posts every day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The OP has some points seems to be consistent to where I don´t really eat out much.

Just today in the afternoon, I ordered a Cappucino and twice I said no sugar.  Of course, it comes full of suger so I politely said I asked for no suger.  Eye roll, sigh, chatter with her Thai collleague and pissed off emotions as she made me another coffee.   

Avoid such places,  Point out the behaviour on social media under the name of the establishment. It's the only way they learn.

I have a crappy computer, with no personnal email or any connection on my private network. I only use it in public space wifi to give post  my rants against bad service. Same with a phone. Always have a crappy smartphone with no personnal data, contacts etc  and loaded with a top up sim card available over the counter and no questions or id asked, Of course only for legitimate use and just to rant against bad service all over. Helps others not to meet with bad service.

I'm a wuss.  I just order something else and have a beer while waiting.   I live in a small town with lots of good restaurants and not worth damaging my reputation.  Last week I even changed restaurants and started fresh.  Nice to have a little cash and lots of time.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

We all know that Boggsy maye, it's all part of the Grand Pa-lan. The question is, why have you not made your peace with it yet and what do you hope to achieve by constantly pointing out the flaws of the place?

Catharsis? Free therapy? Mass exodus of foreigners after you've poisoned the well?

22 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

If his tale is true then that waitress needs to be given a big dose of attitude readjustment and if that don't cut it then she has no business working in the food service industry.

Might have been the time of the month moodiness or just pissed off earning 12k a month and having to put up with grumpy foreigner?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

One normally goes to an English-owned establishment for a Full English. If the gaffer is doing his job properly then all the cooks will know how to make all the Pommy food the correct way.

hate to say it but it's possible they don't want to make foreign food correctly. seems like the pride is in thai things only (especially food), but depends on where you go i guess.

can you see a thai place or cook really WANTING to make english breakfasts great?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

If his tale is true then that waitress needs to be given a big dose of attitude readjustment and if that don't cut it then she has no business working in the food service industry.

privileged westerners making 10 times more than the locals getting dictatorial over a few eggs that should be cooked like back home and getting waitresses fired.

make sure to include that in your memoirs. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1