Apple Watch - where to buy?

jayboy

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

Thinking of buying new Apple watch.Should one buy from Apple store online (as I have done before) or via a local provider (AIS,DTAC etc) which will pair watch with Iphone?

If you use one of the phone companies already then you may be able to get a bit of a lower price with one of them, otherwise either an Apple authorised reseller or the Apple online shop will be the wasy to go. The last question “which will pair watch with Iphone?” I don’t understand.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The last question “which will pair watch with Iphone?” I don’t understand.

Not a question, just an observation that the watch will be paired with my Iphone to share a number.

12 hours ago, jayboy said:

Not a question, just an observation that the watch will be paired with my Iphone to share a number.

The pairing with your iPhone is a function of the Apple Watch so where you get it from is irrelevant, the ability to share a number is a function of the watch but may need the provider of service for your iPhone to assist, again it doesn’t matter if you got it from them or not.

My iPad has the same number as my iPhone however it requires an add on package with AIS (my phone company) that includes 2Mb of extra data for ฿100, I got it from Apple directly and the AIS store programmed the sim. It is quite likely that the Apple Watch uses the same system but as it’s one of the few Apple products I don’t have I don’t know.

On 10/21/2023 at 3:05 PM, jayboy said:

which will pair watch with Iphone?

"Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch Series 8, and Apple Watch SE require an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16 or later.
Features are subject to change. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or all languages."

Iphone requirement

1 hour ago, Tongjaw said:

My advice would be to buy a Garmin watch instead. Can pair with your phone and better battery life. 

I charge my Apple watch every third day and is wearing it 24/7 except for a few charging hours, thats enough battery life for me.

5 hours ago, jcmj said:

I was going to get one, but as soon as they announced earlier this month that they will no longer be making watches I pulled out. Who knows when the service will stop. 

Apple has not said they will discontinue making watches. So your post makes no sense. 
They are dropping older models as is usually the case, but the watches continue.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

4 hours ago, jcmj said:

I was going to get one, but as soon as they announced earlier this month that they will no longer be making watches I pulled out. Who knows when the service will stop. 

Are you talking about Apple? From where have you heard they will stop making watches? 

Sorry. Not All models. Apple also still sells the Apple Watch SE from 2022. With the arrival of the two new Apple Watches, Apple discontinued the Apple Watch Series 3, 8 and the original Apple Watch Ultra, however, you may still be able to buy those older Apple Watch models from resellers and from Apple's Refurbished Store.

If possible, I would buy at the Apple Store at Siam or Central in Bangkok. Sure mail order is fine. But depending on one's District or Province, the carrier used, it just never may arrive. Not rich enough to chance an undelivery for an Apple product paid online.

On 10/27/2023 at 9:27 PM, observer90210 said:

If possible, I would buy at the Apple Store at Siam or Central in Bangkok. Sure mail order is fine. But depending on one's District or Province, the carrier used, it just never may arrive. Not rich enough to chance an undelivery for an Apple product paid online.

Just buy from Apple online store