Do you like beards?

bignok

5 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

We can't accept beards because along time a go someone did the bad thing in Thailand (Erawan Shrine Bombing) and we can't accept that anymore.  I was amazed at this level of ignorance and racism.

LOL it's literally "Hilter liked Apples so eating apples makes you a Nazi" joke. 

Seriously though 99% of Thai people can't grow beards so it is kind of strange and novel. Having said that I have a neighbor with a little shaggy beard and he works as a researcher at the Chiang Mai university so that person was probably just a buffoon.

• Like 1

No thanks. 🤮

"Beards have a mixed reputation – men with beards are more attractive, said one study last year, yet 43% of women would not sleep with a man with a beard, according to another. Now, a report says men with beards carry more germs in their facial hair than dogs carry in their fur. These are the same dogs that eat discarded chicken bones off the pavement."

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2019/apr/15/beards-can-be-dirtier-than-dog-fur-heres-how-to-keep-yours-clean

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Gave up beards 25 years ago, did like my one.

But started to grow Gray, Ginger, bits all over the place, didn't look good.

So,  end of beards for me.

Ps Can't have one now days, as would look like,  I have me head on upside down. :giggle:

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I prefer not to shave and have a beard but it is not possible in Thailand.  Thai people are scared of beards.

I was an honor student at university and they were hiring new teachers.  The head of the international department invited me in to watch the teacher demos and interviews.  So there was a black guy doing a great job.  No problems at all.  Well dressed.  Loud voice.  Confident.  But the only questions they had was about his beard.  The beard was trimmed and tidy.  After the demo the doctor / professor told me to my face:  We can't accept beards because along time a go someone did the bad thing in Thailand (Erawan Shrine Bombing) and we can't accept that anymore.  I was amazed at this level of ignorance and racism.

So if you want to be viewed as human garbage in Thailand get a tattoo and a beard.

Who gives a monkeys what Thai people think

• Like 1
  • Love It 1