Sick of cleaning the floor.

Will B Good

Just now, Gandtee said:

Two hours everyday? Are you walking around in muddy boots .Or just too good to be true? Will B Good.😉

In the wet season the dog is a nightmare for sure....mud everywhere........plus insects just appear as if by magic and they need to be cleaned up or the ants go crazy.

20 hours ago, retarius said:

British people though are filthy, and I didn't even notice it when I lived there. All those horrible old dirty carpets collecting god knows what vile bacteria, dog hair, dog ear wax, anal wipings and Christ know's what? I wouldn't walk on a carpet in a British home now in bare feet. I'd want a pair of stout boots or I'd have cooties on my beautiful feet in no time. Same in America. Yuck.

And everyone walks around in their house with their shoes on - shoes that have trodden through so much filth on the streets. It was completely normal when I lived there but having lived here for so long when I go back to the UK and people are sat on the sofa watching TV with their shoes on - it's just weird. (Same goes for seeing blokes walk around in the streets with no shirts on in the summer but that's for another thread).

• Like 2

Sabco large flat microfibre dust mop, and a wash pad. about 700 wide and easy as pie to push about to collect the crumbs and dust. Then exchange for the mop head and wash da floors. If you buy an auto-robot vacuum then don't buy cheap ... they are crap.

Could contain:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Exactly.....I was thinking a couple of young, healthy looking Thai/Myanmar girls could do a sterling job.

We have a lady from Laos and a Thai lady. The Laos lady is lovely but it costs 20,000 for her to get a visa to stay here. We obviously have to lay out the money. She has a Thai husband and two Thai kids as in born here. Forget the Myanmar ladies and look for some nice strong farm girls from Issan.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And everyone walks around in their house with their shoes on - shoes that have trodden through so much filth on the streets. It was completely normal when I lived there but having lived here for so long when I go back to the UK and people are sat on the sofa watching TV with their shoes on - it's just weird. (Same goes for seeing blokes walk around in the streets with no shirts on in the summer but that's for another thread).

Funny isn't it, how your perceptions change as you see new cultures and customs.

On 10/22/2023 at 2:16 PM, Chris Daley said:

Makes me wonder how dirty a floor can get during the night with no one walking over it.  Maybe an army of marines came in during the night.  Clean it once a week.

Floors get dirty during the *day* - every day. Clean it when it needs it and if you're cooking and eating in a place it gets dirty surprisingly fast. Plus people shed small amounts of hair and skin cells as they move around, dust falls out of the air 24/7 and if you have a pet....😱

6 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

Get a maid. Cheaper than a gadget in the long run and more environmentally friendly 🙂

Mrs. wont have that. Too many husbands of friends succumbing to the charms of young maids. I said 'get a hag, then, I don't mind'. She feels that would be like having a MIL (living with us already) clone, so 'no thanks you'. Can't win.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Sabco large flat microfibre dust mop, and a wash pad. about 700 wide and easy as pie to push about to collect the crumbs and dust. Then exchange for the mop head and wash da floors. If you buy an auto-robot vacuum then don't buy cheap ... they are crap.

Could contain:

Only method that works! 

• Like 2

I use Xiaomi Mop 2 Pro. It is quite fine for regular vacuuming and mopping but as some posters said it will not clean as well as maid or yourself so occasionally someone will still have to do it by hand if you want to maintain a clean place. 

• Thanks 1

Would recommend the Rumba from iRobot,  been using versions of this vacuum cleaner nearly 15 years. Ideal for tile or wooden floors. Will handle rugs carpets. They do have floor washers (as well as pool cleaners), but can't comment as never have bought. Not cheap, but they were the first. Origally setup by a couple of MIT techies who designed robotic bomb disposal machines, who then diversified into the consumer market.

Agree with 1MoreFarrang with the WiFi, however I set the daily cleaning schedule, then deleted the SSID so it can't talk, just cleans the lounge every morning before I get up.

iRobot have a showroom in Bangkok (next to the Lamborghini Bangkok showroom) if you're ever that way and fancy a shufty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you manage to make 250sqm surface of floors that dirty, that you need to clean all of it every day, and that takes you 2 hours? I really don't get it.

Even if I use our chinese floor wiper I can do our 60sqm living room in 5-10 minutes. But to get all of this dirty, every day, you should maybe close your doors or put mosquito nets in your house lol. 

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Mrs. wont have that. Too many husbands of friends succumbing to the charms of young maids. I said 'get a hag, then, I don't mind'. She feels that would be like having a MIL (living with us already) clone, so 'no thanks you'. Can't win.

Well that is an easy one then right, I would tell her she is then the one who will be doing it from now on.

Have a Deebot X2 Omni that I use at my flat in Hong Kong.

Just tell it to clean when I go out if I think a clean is needed. Just need to leave the internal doors open for it to do the whole flat.

You do need to make sure there's no cables dangling though (one day I came back and it hadn't finished cleaning as it had gotten tangled in the cable for a fan). And it doesn't handle steps so I still have to mop the bathroom because that's got a step as it's a wet room. But that's just a wipe round after a shower occasionally.

But even when all I have to do is press a button (and occasionally empty the dirty water container and fill the clean one), I still don't mop every day.

At the house in Thailand, we pay for a maid to come once a week. But then the house has two floors and the robot vacuum/mop doesn't handle stairs.

Edited by bkk_mike
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Well that is an easy one then right, I would tell her she is then the one who will be doing it from now on.

Got there with less aggro, and let her come to the (correct) conclusion I'm no good at it. Wanted to get the help so that she's work less and moan less.

Alas...

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, Will B Good said:

1. Robot brush

2. Robot mop 

3. or a combo of 1 and 2.

1) Useless

2) Useless

3) 2x useless

about three years I bought the latest  "rubot brush" appropriately named for Thailand Roomba

Room +Ba (crazy in Thai)

I was useless for anything other than dust and hair. but great at eating  charger wires, and shoe laces . 

I guess if you are well organised , and working out of the house for most of the day and it can do it;s job while you are out of the home, it is better than nothing,

Otherwise all it does is give you a headache because it run for hours . 

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would think twice before over using those chaps comming over with the rotative brushes and soap all over. Soap is great in the soapy massage, but those tile floor detergents and the friction of the electric brushes are not the best things to make tiles last long.

The tile grout also can also suffer from harsh brushing and chemicals. It sure will be clean but on the long run and over use, not sure...

I may prefer a good Karsher or similar water power jet instead for daily use at the terrace and a microfiber or a good mop for inside (used by the maid of course .-)

Edited by observer90210
  • Thanks 1

Amazing how dirty the floor gets, downstairs must mop every evening, kitchen every 2nd day.. do have the windows and doors open 24/7.. + have  dogs

Upstairs even if the dogs do not go up, the master bedroom is very dirty and full of hair in a week, again windows open 24/7... [7 windows in bedroom]

Both spare bedrooms windows closed, run the mops over every couple of  months not dirty..

Re the muddy paws issue, try a TAKmat. Used them for years as a dust / dirt grapper outside of IT rooms.

Tried one years ago when I had a 4 year old Border Collie, however the rascal used to jump the mat. Maybe if you can train them younger you might have success.

Screenshot_20231024-101643_Chrome.jpg.b83e08aed571ef5475705ac693bff58b.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 10/23/2023 at 2:15 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Could contain:

Will give that a buzz ....cheers

23 hours ago, RayWright said:

Would recommend the Rumba from iRobot,  been using versions of this vacuum cleaner nearly 15 years. Ideal for tile or wooden floors. Will handle rugs carpets. They do have floor washers (as well as pool cleaners), but can't comment as never have bought. Not cheap, but they were the first. Origally setup by a couple of MIT techies who designed robotic bomb disposal machines, who then diversified into the consumer market.

Agree with 1MoreFarrang with the WiFi, however I set the daily cleaning schedule, then deleted the SSID so it can't talk, just cleans the lounge every morning before I get up.

iRobot have a showroom in Bangkok (next to the Lamborghini Bangkok showroom) if you're ever that way and fancy a shufty.

Back in BKK for three week Xmas and NY so will have a look.....cheers

6 hours ago, ignis said:

Amazing how dirty the floor gets, downstairs must mop every evening, kitchen every 2nd day.. do have the windows and doors open 24/7.. + have  dogs

Upstairs even if the dogs do not go up, the master bedroom is very dirty and full of hair in a week, again windows open 24/7... [7 windows in bedroom]

Both spare bedrooms windows closed, run the mops over every couple of  months not dirty..

Thank you....the ingress of 'stuff' is never ending....but we do live in the middle of nowhere with an inexhaustible supply of creepy crawlies