Biden's biggest mistake ?

nobodysfriend

On 10/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Very funny , isn't it ?

This was meant for the idiots who always give laughing emojis and cannot even understand ... the rest is quite serious ...

AN was better when the given emojis  were not anonymous .

And there should be a ' dislike ' emoji as well , but that is off topic ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/12/how-will-the-israel-hamas-war-end-here-are-several-possible-outcomes.html

• Despite some calls for peace, a cease-fire looks nigh-on impossible, with the conflict likely about to enter a “hot” phase.
TOPSHOT - This picture taken on October 11, 2023 shows an aerial view of buildings destroyed by Israeli air strikes in the Jabalia camp for Palestinian refugees in Gaza City. Israel declared war on Hamas on October 8 following a shock land, air and sea assault by the Gaza-based Islamists. The death toll from the shock cross-border assault by Hamas militants rose to 1,200, making it the deadliest attack in the country's 75-year history, while Gaza officials reported more than 900 people killed as Israel poun

In any case, Israel is counting on, and has received, an outpouring of support from Western nations, with its allies stating that they are ready to provide the state with moral and material support. The U.S. has already sent a shipment of weapons.

Visiting Tel Aviv Thursday, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken offered reassurances of ongoing U.S. support to Netanyahu on Thursday, stating: “We’re here, we’re not going anywhere.”

“Israel, as is often the case, will have some bandwidth from the international community in the coming days to launch a retaliatory strike. But the longer a war goes and the more carnage there is, the international community will begin to call for all sides to de-escalate,”

Putin and Xi call for a new world order , the US involved in 2 wars already , that may both last for years ,

the future is more uncertain than ever .

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have to agree with everything you say in that post. Perhaps that's unusual!

Sending a second carrier group is IMO worrisome, as it suggests they are anticipating joining in.

It is not so unusual for me as I generally read most of your posts though I don't agree with them all.

IMO IF the USA does actually physically support Israel with boots on the ground, then President Biden will be attacked by both sides and will be in a lose/lose situation especially when the US body bags start coming home to the USA.

Trump alone will take every opportunity to make problems larger, even if only to divert away from his own problems.

As for the major parties, I thing that the Democrats will reluctantly back Biden, and the GOP will make as much of it as they can to cover their own internal problems.

Again IMHO possibly the best the US could do would to put their own forces between both sides and tell each side that there IS a cease fire in place, like it or not. And that either side attempts to break that cease fire, then the US forces will retaliate against the attackers. The same rule will apply if the US troops are attacked by either side.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never forget that when it comes to the US, one is dealing with the military industrial complex. The 1% don't get rich when the US isn't needing to spend large on weapons.

President Eisenhower warned about it after WW2.

Nail hit extremely accurately on the head, couldn't agree more.

Follow the money, every time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks to the israeli airforce bombing Gaza to bits the Hamas fighters have ideal cover for attacking the israelis when they invade. Even tanks will have a problem with that amount of rubble, and will have to slow down to a crawl to get over it, making them a much easier target. I assume the Hamas fighters have RPGs a plenty.

The last place that they'll send tanks into imho, the odd APC to flush out the opposition, then it will be call up the Airforce to clear them out, less casualties on the Israeli side but it will be expensive, maybe that's Hamas's strategy, bleed them dry financially.

• Like 2

The deep state in the US is fostering as many offshore wars as possible.  They need inflation to move higher and stay there for longer.  There is no other solution to their obscene levels of sovereign debt.  The only solution is to inflate it away.

Taiwan is the next cab off the rank.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree on the buffer force, but can't see Biden ever agreeing to have US forces shoot at the israelis, nor the GOP.

That's what the UN is supposed to do but they are a waste of space when it comes to israel.

I'm puzzled as to why US boots would be needed, as the israelis have a much vaunted army, or is it not as good as claimed against lightly armed fighters?

However I am worried that certain elements in the US government want a war with Iran, and are just itching for an excuse to go in. I can't see any other reason for 2 carrier groups.

As far as I can see the US military is the strongest force in the area at this time, and the Israeli forces would probably be more careful about biting the hands that feed them.

As for the Palestinian forces I am not so sure, but I don't think that the Iranians would want to get too involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

As far as I can see the US military is the strongest force in the area at this time, and the Israeli forces would probably be more careful about biting the hands that feed them.

As for the Palestinian forces I am not so sure, but I don't think that the Iranians would want to get too involved.

Whilst I can agree with the majority of your post, I do feel saying Palestinian forces needs to be corrected to Hamas forces, to be fair to Palestinians who do not support Hamas the perpetuators of this conflict.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

The deep state in the US is fostering as many offshore wars as possible.  They need inflation to move higher and stay there for longer.  There is no other solution to their obscene levels of sovereign debt.  The only solution is to inflate it away.

Taiwan is the next cab off the rank.

Hopefully a few more sensible heads will realise if that comes about WW3 could be round the corner, not a thing anyone is looking forward to, I think.

That and the fact I have trouble bending over far enough to kiss my r's goodbye, nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, transam said:

The terrorist's supporter advises with his military knowledge...........🤣 ......:cheesy:.......:1zgarz5:

He is making good sense to me. 

He is correct as tanks are great in some areas, but not so good in street fighting when they have to slow to get over mounds of rubble. As they reach the top of the heap the thinner armour underneath is exposed.

Another problem is that if a tank is disabled in the street it tends to block the street and is hard to remove and recover.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Another problem is that if a tank is disabled in the street it tends to block the street and is hard to remove and recover.

The Iraelis gained a lot of experience by doing their raids on the Jenin camp .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2023/10/24/israels-armored-caterpillar-bulldozers-will-be-active-in-gaza/?sh=694080a634d6

As in the past, the Israeli Defense Force will rely on an effective tool - the armored D9R bulldozer - to root out Hamas militants and clear deadly explosives

Israel Declares Open Ended Gaza Operation To Stop Militants

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

The Iraelis gained a lot of experience by doing their raids on the Jenin camp .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2023/10/24/israels-armored-caterpillar-bulldozers-will-be-active-in-gaza/?sh=694080a634d6

As in the past, the Israeli Defense Force will rely on an effective tool - the armored D9R bulldozer - to root out Hamas militants and clear deadly explosives

Israel Declares Open Ended Gaza Operation To Stop Militants

I have just looked it up on a search and from what I could see, its weakest point seems to be its tracks. Take one track out and it becomes a very expensive road block, and hard to repair or remove whilst a battle is raging around it.

In addition whilst it is very well armoured, it also seems to be   unarmed and will require a large number of heavily armed and armoured troops to support it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

First let me say that I voted for Biden , as the only option available  to bridge the county in the post trump presidency .

And I don't know what else I could have done at the time , it was either him or trump.  but in view of subsequent decisions it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.   

First concerning Israel. Being that Washington DC is part of the Israeli occupied territories I don't see what he or any other president could have done differently. So I give him that. Israel is the third rail of American politics. Touch it and you die, 

He was a major supporter of the invasion of Iraq, afterward he said that he had learned from that experience and had grown as a person and a politician. .  

Apparently not!

First we need to understand that while he was VP to Obama he was in charge of the Ukrainian agenda.He knows a thing or two about the dynamics involved. 

I would had hopped  that some of his learning experience and growth as a person would had lead to a wiser decision.

Again , Apparently not

Aside from the catastrophic damage to Ukraine and the Uranian people , It had got to be a blunder of monumental proportions for the USA.

It has pushed Russia into the hands of China. It has created the environment for a cold war that none of us will live long enough to see the end of it. And is threatening the predominance of the dollar as the world's reserve currency. 

Once again I have to agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Whilst I can agree with the majority of your post, I do feel saying Palestinian forces needs to be corrected to Hamas forces, to be fair to Palestinians who do not support Hamas the perpetuators of this conflict.

Errr, a few lightly armed fighters are not a "force" IMO.

If they were a force, they might have stood a better chance against the israelis in all the previous israeli assaults on Gaza.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

I might agree except it seems to me that israel is the one calling the shots and the US is just going along with whatever they demand.

I just hope that I'm wrong, or it's going to get a whole lot worse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1