Bitcoin or Gold?

1 hour ago, mania said:

They have done very well for me.

I do not just buy & hold but use the G/S ratio

For instance

I would buy Physical Silver (back up the truck type of buy) when the G/S ratio was 55/1

I then traded it into gold when the ratio was 35/1 which was like buying physical gold for 3-600 bucks/oz when it was already 1200-1600 spot

Why? Because I bought silver at 9-12 oz when G/S was 55/1

Then sold most of that load of gold when prices were near 2k

I do agree in recent years it has been quite quiet in both PM's but they are in fact doing what they do best & that is provide a hedge against inflation.

But if for instance you bought gold back when it was 35-55/1 you could have swapped into Silver when it neared 100/1 (it is now 85/1) Which is building wealth very safely

About BTC sorry & yes I see it does very well at times but for me it is vaporware & nothing more than the current tulip mania

But if your doing well with it great!

Just remember the difference is BTC is in fact just another form of musical chairs. Gold & Silver have been money for 2500 years

All else including the USD & every other form of Fiat is just currencies. Which is why the Central Banks all still hold gold

INteresting ,thanks.

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, will buy some gold, probably 10% of my liquid capital.

Just be aware that gold and silver markets are heavily manipulated.

As soon as the conflict in the ME fades , it will go down again.

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I've bought both of these assets before and lost money on none. 

Bought gold in 2001 for 6,000 baht, sold re 2012 for 26,000 or so.

Bought BTC in 2017 for $2,000 , sold it 10x that and more. 

Bought BTC at Xmas 2022, about doubled my money since then, 

Then why ask advice here... I am comfortably mostly in T-Bills at 5+%

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

From where did you get the 30k and 69k from please?

Could contain:

For now I am planning to withdraw some assets from some coins to business crypto wallet, as their price will fall down.

Here are my thoughts on this matter:

Bitcoin: Bitcoin is a risky investment, but it also has the potential for high returns. If you believe in the long-term prospects of Bitcoin, then I would recommend buying it, especially now that it is in a downtrend.
Gold: Gold is a more conservative investment and is often used as a hedge against inflation and during times of economic turmoil. If you are worried about the instability of the global economy, then I would recommend buying gold.
Of course, this is just my opinion and you should make your own investment decisions based on your own financial goals and risk tolerance.

Here are a few additional factors to consider when deciding whether to buy Bitcoin or gold:

Inflation: Inflation is one of the main factors contributing to the rise in gold prices. If you expect inflation to rise, then gold may be a good investment option.
Economic Instability: Gold is often used as a hedge against economic instability. If you are worried about the global economy, then gold may be a good investment option.
Technical Analysis: Technical analysis can help you determine whether Bitcoin or gold is oversold or overbought. If you think the market is oversold, then this could be a good time to buy.

Ultimately, the decision to buy Bitcoin or gold is a personal decision. You must do your own research and make the decision that best suits your needs and goals.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Entwere said:

Bitcoin: Bitcoin is a risky investment, but it also has the potential for high returns. If you believe in the long-term prospects of Bitcoin, then I would recommend buying it, especially now that it is in a downtrend.

In the last month BTC to THB has gone from 940,000 to 1,201,553 today. Down?

• Like 1

People should read the blackrock ETF filing
there are a few details that may make one pause before buying more BTC
would never put all eggs in one basket and literally all markets are rigged.
as for BTC buying that now means you need to see ridiculous prices for any decent gains
the halving does not guarantee 2x price
BTC cannot be used as a global currency as it is limited to under 500k transactions per day
Lightning flaws have just been expoised qyestioning its security, with devs leaving the project (LN is not bitcoin BTW)
if trading crypto for purely speculative fiat gains
you would have a lot more poissible upside buying a bunch of 💩coins, rather than BTC

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Entwere said:

Here are my thoughts on this matter:

Gold: Gold is a more conservative investment and is often used as a hedge against inflation and during times of economic turmoil. If you are worried about the instability of the global economy, then I would recommend buying gold.
Of course, this is just my opinion and you should make your own investment decisions based on your own financial goals and risk tolerance.

Here are a few additional factors to consider when deciding whether to buy Bitcoin or gold:

Inflation: Inflation is one of the main factors contributing to the rise in gold prices. If you expect inflation to rise, then gold may be a good investment option.
Economic Instability: Gold is often used as a hedge against economic instability. If you are worried about the global economy, then gold may be a good investment option.
Technical Analysis: Technical analysis can help you determine whether Bitcoin or gold is oversold or overbought. If you think the market is oversold, then this could be a good time to buy.

Ultimately, the decision to buy Bitcoin or gold is a personal decision. You must do your own research and make the decision that best suits your needs and goals.

Thanks you for your informative reply! 

Bitcoin is not $34,000, the EFT must be happening soon. 

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

In the last month BTC to THB has gone from 940,000 to 1,201,553 today. Down?

It's been in  a downtrend for almost 2 years, this happens every 4 years before a huge bull run. 

Nice overnight pump! 

2 hours ago, patman30 said:

People should read the blackrock ETF filing
there are a few details that may make one pause before buying more BTC
would never put all eggs in one basket and literally all markets are rigged.

Interesting, thanks. 

There was a poster here that was worrying after buying $200k. 

As I said then, don't buy BTC unless you can hold for a couple of years. If you do that, you'll be in profit. 

Another way is DCA. No one who has Dollar cost averaged every week until now, no matter the time started is in loss. Most are hugely in profit. 

There's already a bitcoin etf via proshares. Been out for nearly 5 years. Obviously its lost about 60% since inception. Expensive to own: 1% AMC?

Whats different about blackrock? Possibly just the name recognition. We know crypto can move on a Musk tweet. Whales about to suck in the retail numpties.

There is no risk to blackrock. They get paid anyway!

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

don't buy BTC unless you can hold for a couple of years.

you are assuming that BTC would continue to rise in price, this is extremely risky.
BTC has no use case and is impossible to become a global currency
mining reward is to be replaced by fees, however BTC can not have enough use to do this or fees need to be very high
without the transaction volume, BTC needs the price to double every 4 years, this is not a given.
Then there is tether........🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, patman30 said:

BTC has no use case

I disagree, I've used it for cross border remittance, I use it every day with my Crypto.com debit card. 

Lighning network.

It's the currency of El Slavador and more to come. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

As I said then, don't buy BTC unless you can hold for a couple of years. If you do that, you'll be in profit. 

I bought BTC for Bht 100,000 two years ago. It is now worth Bht 74,000.

So puff goes that theory.

Edited by KannikaP

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I disagree, I've used it for cross border remittance, I use it every day with my Crypto.com debit card. 

Lighning network.

It's the currency of El Slavador and more to come. 

Lightning LOL
i already addressed LN above which is NOT bitcoin
BTC has no use case as a global currency
even if LN worked, how many years would it take just to onboard the worlds population?
here is a clue, its over 42 years.
El Salvador.....again LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2023 at 2:42 PM, KannikaP said:

My Currency app must be totally wrong then?

I first bought some Bitcoin back in 2012 when it was $12-$15

At the time it had previously crashed down from around $32 to $1, I had ignored it during the early days but kept an eye on it as it started to rise again.

Then I read about how it works and decided to buy some.