Light coloured or dark coloured car choice.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

My cars here in a hot country have been dark, the A/C works virtually instantly, no problem..

Agree.  Two black cars because I like the way look which is important to me.  Usually try to park in the shade, but I would do the same regardless of color.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Light cars for not only being cooler in the daytime, but more visible at night.

I think that would only matter if the ride had no A/C, if it has, there is no need to worry about heat, modern car A/C is near instant, buy what colour you want......😋

• Like 2

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Agree. Make yourself visible. Don't buy a tarmac colored car.

Black cars do have lights and reflectors too........😋

It is the ones with blacked out windows that you should worry about, because they can't see you......🤭

• Like 2

To quote from a song: "Black cars look better in shade..."

Some years ago, a European car magazine (sorry, don't remember which one) tested white vs black cars for how hot they were staying outside in the sun. They discovered that the difference was negligible, and what made the biggest difference was the color of the upholstery. They also suggested that the insulation in modern cars played a big role in how hot it got inside.

And, just like the quarter mile man suggested, the A/C is very good on modern cars.

I have a black car, with black interior, and a black cat to go with it. If the car has been standing in the sun the whole day, open the A/C on full blast, open the windows for a minute to flush the hot air out and you're good to go. Applies to any color, so just chose the color you like.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

European car magazine (sorry, don't remember which one) tested white vs black cars for how hot they were staying outside in the sun.

Thailand is not Europe.   The heat transfer here is extreme to the extreme.  But beyond heat the dirt is a real issue - as well as looking like a gangster car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

I think that would only matter if the ride had no A/C, if it has, there is no need to worry about heat, modern car A/C is near instant, buy what colour you want......😋

Indeed...   I've had numerous cars here in Thailand...  some dark some light... I can't really say that I noticed any difference, they all cool down well with AC. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I think headlights do more for visibility at night than what colour paint you have.

Have you ever seen a black car when the driver forgot to turn their lights on at night and then started driving, as opposed to a white car ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Thailand is not Europe.   The heat transfer here is extreme to the extreme.  But beyond heat the dirt is a real issue - as well as looking like a gangster car.

I spent quite a few years in Saudi Arabia. The heat there is much more extreme than here, reaching 45-50 deg C on some days during summer. Same thing, full blast on A/C, open widows for a minute, and good to go. Even on a black car.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I spent quite a few years in Saudi Arabia. The heat there is much more extreme than here, reaching 45-50 deg C on some days during summer. Same thing, full blast on A/C, open widows for a minute, and good to go. Even on a black car.

The heat there is a desert heat (hot oven) - nothing at all like humid Thailand heat.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The heat there is a desert heat (hot oven) - nothing at all like humid Thailand heat.

Outside humidity does not affect the temperature inside the car.

And if you think it's all desert there, try 42 deg C and 90% RH. Quite common in the coastal regions around Aug-Sep. You'll get wet within 2 minutes just walking from your house to the car.