Bangkok’s reckless foreign rider roils social media, netizens demand action

snoop1130

5 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

So what you're saying is Thailand should have one set of laws for Thais, and one set of laws for foreigners? Foreigners should be punished more severely for the same crimes? Do you understand that's racism?

Do you understand what a dictionary is? No, it's not racism. A nationality is not a race. Every country has laws that specifically regulate non citizen foreigners. There is no hate involved here. Thailand is not declaring any "race" to be inferior or undeserving of respect and decency. Foreigners are not broadly entitled to be treated the same as Thais under all circumstances. I've been here 10 years and have never seen or experienced any actual example of racism personally. I've seen Thai people who resent or don't like foreigners, but that's not racism, I can understand why they feel that way. Where I'm from, Hartford CT USA, racism abounds like an overflowing toilet splattering on everyone and everything. If you've never seen such things count yourself lucky. Maybe that's why you don't understand the meaning of the word - you've never actually seen the real thing. Thailand has the right to make laws as it sees fit, in spite of whiners who for some reason remain here in spite of all their complaints about imaginary racism. If laws are seen as two tiered or discriminatory, that doesn't mean they're racist. Again, consult your dictionary. It's how Thailand sees and deals with its problems regarding foreigners. I've seen way more dangerous driving by foreigners, way more accidents, Thai motorbike drivers actually know what they're doing even if it looks reckless to the uninformed eye (you). So with all of your nonsense, I'm thinking that you're likely an entitled white supremacist projecting your own venom and racism onto a culture you don't understand. No? Well that's what you sound like. Keep that in mind next time you want to cry "racism". When someone burns a cross or hangs a noose in your front yard then you can cry racism. 

• Confused 3

16 hours ago, stoner said:

spare me.

other than the wheelie and the number plate every single thing mentioned here happens literally 100's of thousands of times a day in bangkok alone.

your hubris is disgusting khun thai. 

I thought the bloke was a tool, doing stuff he can't do back home.

Plus, if he has that Ducati, I don't think you will see many skint Thai lads riding and being silly on one of those.........🤔

15 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Let's face it, sooner or later the problem it going to solve itself. 

Yep,..riding foolishly and without a helmet can only work short time,... unless you have the right amulet !?

Could contain:

19 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Funny it is done everyday 365 24/7 but a foreigner no no this is our country cant show us up so social media.

He is only doing what he see " monkey see monkey do " this is thsiland do as thais lo!  😂

On Ducati's........?  🤔

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Netizens demand action. Has a more hilarious phrase ever been invented? And are netizens more, or less sensitive than normal people? Perhaps they are in greater need of "safe spaces", and that is why they stay home all day on their computers? They sure are warriors behind their keyboards. How about in real life? 

Hmmm...  Do you see the hint of irony and hypocrisy in your (ykeboard warrior) comment?

• Haha 1