Everybody says Thais don't like it when you complain...

bob smith

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Australia. 

Not bad for a former island prison.

I've heard they've got running water now too..

Boring country but not as tragic as the UK now over run with others, bad weather and awful food.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, bignok said:

Self loathing poms. Just look at all the whinging non stop. No wonder the Thais, French, Germans, Aussie and Kiwis don't like you lot. Never stop complaining.

Like it or not @bob smith offers a unique flair of entertainment here and I’m sure the Thai folks find entertainment value as well 😃

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bob smith said:

good question @Neeranam

when Thais get involved in confrontations its usually 10-1.

Never 1 vs 1.

can you explain why this is?

Thai rarely get into fights. Back in Leith and Aberdeen, I was beaten up my many gangs, Soccer Casuals, Punks, Bikers, etc. It often started a square go but I was a good fighter(Chinese Boxing) so when I was winning the others would jump in. 

I've only been in 3 fights here, one with a taxi driver, one in a pool bar in Pat Pong and one in a night club. I got up to no good in the 90s here as an alcoholic and if I had done the same in Scotland I'd maybe be dead. Thais stop the kicking early. It is just not true, made up by macho, racist farang. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thai rarely get into fights. Back in Leith and Aberdeen, I was beaten up my many gangs, Soccer Casuals, Punks, Bikers, etc. It often started a square go but I was a good fighter(Chinese Boxing) so when I was winning the others would jump in. 

I've only been in 3 fights here, one with a taxi driver, one in a pool bar in Pat Pong and one in a night club. I got up to no good in the 90s here as an alcoholic and if I had done the same in Scotland I'd maybe be dead. Thais stop the kicking early. It is just not true, made up by macho, racist farang. 

I have personally seen, with my own 2 eyes, a gang of thais beat a man almost to death. One kicked him in the temple before running off.

They left him for dead.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

The vegimite eaters could start complaining about the draconian portability rules on pensions that is robbing thousands of people .

Keep your racist name for the english where it came from .

"Whinging Pom" is standard language in Australia. It did not evolve accidentally.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I have personally seen, with my own 2 eyes, a gang of thais beat a man almost to death. One kicked him in the temple before running off.

They left him for dead.

I've seen the same where I come from. 

Where are you from? 

Recently in East London, I was scared walking down the main street at night. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've seen the same where I come from. 

from where I come from ive seen plenty fights that were one on one, maybe 1% that were 2 or 3 on 1.

here its the vast majority of fights ive seen that are 10+ on 1 person.

Thais dont fight 1 on 1 unless they are in the ring.

Edited by bob smith
  • Thanks 1

The "behind the back" gossip I see from my wife's friends is somewhat above what I've seen back in Europe, but not so far that it's not just a normal (albeit ugly) trait.

Not having the gumption to tackle an issue directly leads to living with situations you don't like. I prefer the face to face approach myself.

• Like 1