Thai PM pledges fast-tracking marriage equality and transgender recognition laws

webfact

4 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Good. About time.

(My b/f tells me that when I die - assuming that's before him, which, given his driving skills, is not necessarily how it will be - he won't be able to get the death certificate so he can show it to the Oz Embassy so he can get access to my Oz mini-fortune ie Our Oz civil partnership not recognized in Thailand ... )

You need to set up a will and an end of life document naming him as your heir and EOL administrator. The disbursement of your Aussie holdings will be under Aussie law, the Thai law does not matter there.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

You need to set up a will and an end of life document naming him as your heir and EOL administrator. The disbursement of your Aussie holdings will be under Aussie law, the Thai law does not matter there.

Already done under Oz law. It's the Thai end that's difficult, at least till the new legislation is thru (assuming it ever is).

I live in a place of hatred and suffering for marginalized communities, it's up to all of us to get real and be accepting and say kindness to tortured souls. I say hi to a transgender person and compliment her in honesty. She thinks I don't know she is Transgender. Stop treating the third chromosome science like it's not true. IMG_9414.thumb.jpeg.0a2dc64b8927fc4057326fa13c68f2ff.jpeg

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sidneybear said:

They're emulating ghastly western culture to suck up to America. Bring on the next coup and throw them out.

It has nothing to do with sucking up to America.

If this government cared about sucking up to America, it wouldn't be neutral on the Israel Hamas war, and it wouldn't have invited Putin to visit Thailand.

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If this government cared about sucking up to America, it wouldn't be neutral on the Israel Hamas war, and it wouldn't have invited Putin to visit Thailand.

Thailand is neutral on both the Israel Hamas war and the Ukraine war. Both Russian and western leaders are made welcome, which is the very hallmark of neutrality. 

That said, we're not talking about foreign policy here: we're talking about culture. US and western funded NGOs and activist groups promote western cultural filth everywhere, including Thailand.

The current Thai government is sucking up to such outside interference, by not standing up to Thailand's traditions, and not silencing those who peddle western cultural nonsense.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

not worth to comment on Americans.. They are people who think they own the world, but have a lot of problems inside their country that they can't solve such as racism, shooting because the law of gun posession, orthodox religions, and so on, but they like to comment on other countries or push to adapt their standards...

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

not worth to comment on Americans.. They are people who think they own the world, but have a lot of problems inside their country that they can't solve such as racism, shooting because the law of gun posession, orthodox religions, and so on, but they like to comment on other countries or push to adapt their standards...

Off topic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not the topic here.

Do you seriously think passing marriage equality precludes legislation on anything else?

Why not just be honest and say you're against marriage equality instead of playing silly games?

typical assumption from you. no surprise at all. your bias is disgusting. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Total bullsheit.

Thailand leaders are responding to Thai people in this.

You're just against civil rights for minorities that you hate in Thailand or anywhere else.

Also Thailand has their Katoey culture from ancient times that has nothing to do with the west.

I guess you're also against Thais wearing modern clothes.

Haters seem to always have some cover story to deflect from their bigotry.

Thais want to make this change now.

That's that.

No mate you are pushing your cause.

Thai people as a nation, couldn't care less about the gay population, not do I.

Seriously, most people in the world have the same opinion. But, gays keep crying and people let them have their way just to try to shut them up.

Bleating useless sharp stinging pains.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What a vile hate filled post.

Thailand is moving forward at least with these issues.

If that bothers you too much you can move to Malaysia which has criminalized homosexuality.

Don't get me started 555

So do you think I will be converted by your outrage.

I just qualified my post cupcake.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1