Paetongtarn becomes new leader of Pheu Thai

snoop1130

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

If you're only fed on sh*t you would think it's normal.

The internet is opening up Thailand, and working people are starting to learn the truth

You must be mistaken regarding the masses ability to know how take advantage of internet research/sources or even to give a rat's backside. 

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

You must be mistaken regarding the masses ability to know how take advantage of internet research/sources or even to give a rat's backside. 

I am not mistaken, I'm in daily contact with students and young adults

The youth do care.... you'd be surprised how much they detest the system.

They are tech savvy and are biding their time to make changes.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/27/2023 at 5:56 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And I thought Thais want wise and experienced leaders.

But then again, who did they vote for? The daughter or the father?

Imagine if the father would be sick in hospital and wouldn't be able to make any decisions, and then the daughter must think for herself. Difficult times.

No doubt you had the same opinion of Yingluck. History I think shows how out to lunch that take was. Your Greens that replaced her were a total disaster.

• Confused 1

On 10/28/2023 at 6:03 AM, hotchilli said:

The legacy continues.... pulling Thailand back to the dark ages.

Not correct.

IMHO, those people trying to drag Thailand back to the dark ages are the military, plus the yellow shirts and the rabid royalists.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not correct.

IMHO, those people trying to drag Thailand back to the dark ages are the military, plus the yellow shirts and the rabid royalists.

Which appears to be the atmosphere and direction of Thai political circles for generations, regardless of governments - freely elected civilian, temporary coup installed, military inspired, royally appointed, etc. 

The fact that far too many don't recognize that it's all one and the same shouldn't be surprising. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not correct.

And the elite... who run the government.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

What exactly did Yingluck do except following the orders of her criminal brother and being a convicted criminal like her brother?

I heard lots of Thai people being pound of having a pretty PM. Yeah, that was about her only "achievement". 

Paetongtarn doesn't even qualify in that department. She is absolutely nothing, zero, without her family connection. 

The economy was humming under the Yingluck govt that's what. As soon as your Greens conducted their coup they put foreign business interest on notice that they were going to change the law so that Thais must controlled all boards of directors. That caused companies like Toyota and Mitsubishi to threaten closing their plants. Soon after exports tanked. Next step was threatening harm to migrants. The effect of that was closing pretty much every construction site in the country down. I live by the construction site of the Caribbean condo complex in Jomtien Beach at the time and about 300 Cambodian workers disappeared overnight. The generals had to do some quick backtracking. And that was just a start of their bumbling.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And the elite... who run the government.

By elites, you mean the military. There are more military governments than civilians. Civilians stand no chance against the military stepping in at their own will and agenda. Every coups and every military governments were disasters dragging down the economy and image. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

By elites, you mean the military. There are more military governments than civilians. Civilians stand no chance against the military stepping in at their own will and agenda. Every coups and every military governments were disasters dragging down the economy and image. 

I mean by a government installed by trickery, not chosen by the public, electing their own favoured officials, placing them into prime positions all backed by elite businesses.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I mean by a government installed by trickery, not chosen by the public, electing their own favoured officials, placing them into prime positions all backed by elite businesses.

The government was formed constitutionally. Blamed the constitution and the senates for putting all the stop to prevent MFP from forming the government. Nevertheless, this government is legit and consisted of elected lawmakers of various parties. Far from your assertion that they were not chosen by the public. Of course the government will appoint officials that susbcribed to their mandate. Isn't that political business as usual. Your last sentence can't be comprehended unless your have some direct information that you can share. I share your sentiment that MFP should be in the coalition government as they won the largest amount of seats but they were denied by the twisted 2014 constitution. The subsequent government coalition was given the mandate legally; not trickery. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

We can easily justify all this by finger pointing exclusively at the military and refer to them as elitist status - actually, the military are merely pawns....worker bees, sort to speak.

Remember, historically, the military takes it's orders and directives from the truer and much more influential circle[s] and has always been the case. 

Too many continue to be of subconscious denial and ignorance as to how the whole operation works. 

Tradition.

55 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Indeed. 

For generations. 

Has all this just become a revelation?