Format of documents when apply for an E-visa

Does someone know in which format the documents need to be uploaded. I saw in general visa condititions:

Apply for a new visa

- "Upload biodata page of passport and a photo taken within the last 6 months (JPG / JPEG format, size not exceeding 3 MB"

Just wonder if the other documents can be uploaded in pdf.

39 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

For safety I uploaded EVERYTHING as Jpeg even the originals were PDF

Why and how is Jpeg safer ? Sorry for the question, not trying to be smart, but as I am not a full time geek....thanks.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nglodnig said:

For safety I uploaded EVERYTHING as Jpeg even the originals were PDF

Probably better. In the manual only the biodata page and photo were mentioned to upload as Jpeg. The download form as travel plan is already in pdf.When convert a multiple page pdf document to Jpeg , in Jpeg they are separate pages. 

The embassy didn't answer my question about this; just sent a manual link...

35 minutes ago, steelydang said:

just been through it.
Accepted formats are jpeg, jpg, and pdf.
I used both jpegs and pdf's.
Seems fine so far

Thank you...The biodata page and a photo you sent in Jpeg?  I could not find somewhere that pdf is accepted..

4 hours ago, Brock said:

I just did one, all paper work was in PDF..  The system wont accept formats it doesnt like.  PDF is better in that it can include several pages.

Are you saying that you were able to upload the ID page and the passport photo as PDF?

16 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

- "Upload biodata page of passport and a photo taken within the last 6 months (JPG / JPEG format, size not exceeding 3 MB"

Just wonder if the other documents can be uploaded in pdf.

Yes, pages 1 & 2 (passport & photo)  should be JPEG normally used for digital images. JPG and JPEG are in fact the same, former is a left over from when file extensions were limited to 3 letters.

For page 4(supporting documents) PDF can be used. If you need to submit more than one document for a question it is much easier to combine in PDF than JPEG. You can only upload one document per question.

• Thanks 1

Where they had asked me for Proof Of Accomodation, I scanned my 4 hotel's 'confirmation' letters (printed out from their email) with all 4 pages overlapping so that the 'dates' were all showing..  the result was one A4 page with the 4 dates and part of the hotel's details.

I sent them this in jpeg format of course, all good. Doubt whether any 'human' actually looks at it.

My buddy did the e-visa thing last month and wasn't even asked for proof of accomodation.

Streamlining the process???

Edited by bangkok19