Nearly 80 percent of respondents say they worry about the Israel-Hamas conflict leading to a terrorist attack in US: Poll

Social Media

image.png

Nearly 8 in 10 Americans said in a NewsNation/Decision Desk HQ poll that they’re worried Israel’s war with Hamas could lead to a terrorist attack happening in the U.S. 

The poll, published Monday, found that 77 percent of respondents said they are somewhat or very concerned the Israel-Gaza conflict could lead to a terrorist attack occurring in the U.S.

In contrast, 22 percent of those surveyed said they’re not concerned with a terrorist attack happening in the country as a result of the ongoing conflict.  

About 70 percent of respondents said the U.S. has been too supportive of Israel throughout the conflict, while 29 percent of those surveyed said the U.S. hasn’t been supportive enough of their Middle East ally, according to the poll. 

About half, 52 percent, of respondents said they approve of the job President Biden is doing handling the ongoing conflict, while 48 percent of those surveyed think otherwise. 

When asked if they either approve or disapprove of the U.S.’s decision to send military aid to Israel, 70 percent of respondents approved the measure, while 20 percent of those surveyed disagreed, the poll said. 

The poll comes about three weeks after Hamas’s surprise attack against Israel, which resulted in the deaths of 1,400 people in Israel. About 200 others were taken hostage by the militant group. 

In response, Israel has launched a series of airstrikes in Gaza, resulting in the deaths of more than 8,000 people, including children, according to the Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry.

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

Unfortunately I wouldn't be at all surprised if supporters of Palestine/Hamas saw fit to kill and maim innocent American civilians in an act of revenge for the US supporting Israel.

To be honest, I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

After 9/11, it'd be foolish not to think Americans could be a target.  The thing about these scumbag terrorists is that they almost never go after the people responsible, i.e., gov officials, the military, etc.  They go after soft targets, which is pretty much anybody.

One thing to consider is that in the deep dark web, there are all sorts of stories and posts that are sympathetic to Hamas.  Just like how the right wing in the US only reads right wing news, these people are getting their brains cooked with all manner of anti-Israel (and anti-US by extension) propaganda.  No wonder there is so much hatred out there right now for Israel and Jews.  Unfortunately, I can see it getting much, much worse. 

2 hours ago, Social Media said:

The poll, published Monday, found that 77 percent of respondents said they are somewhat or very concerned the Israel-Gaza conflict could lead to a terrorist attack occurring in the U.S.

I'd say the chances of a terrorist attack on Americans is 100%, but that it won't be in the US.

Far easier targets in other countries.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Unfortunately, I can see it getting much, much worse. 

On that I certainly agree with you.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

The thing about these scumbag terrorists is that they almost never go after the people responsible, i.e., gov officials, the military, etc. 

Simple reason is that they are better protected, and more chance of getting caught or killed.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't be at all surprised if supporters of Palestine/Hamas saw fit to kill and maim innocent American civilians in an act of revenge for the US supporting Israel.

IMO israel and America are inexorably linked in many an Arab mind, so an attack on one is an attack on both.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd say the chances of a terrorist attack on Americans is 100%, but that it won't be in the US.

Far easier targets in other countries.

Seal with white background

Subject: Security Alert – Worldwide Caution, October 20, 2023

Event:  Due to increased tensions in various locations around the world, the potential for terrorist attacks, demonstrations or violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests, the Department of State advises U.S. citizens overseas to exercise increased caution. U.S. citizens should:

Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.

https://th.usembassy.gov/security-alert-worldwide-caution-october-20-2023/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JonnyF said:

When Hamas is obviously going down the tubes, that's when to expect terrorist attacks.

On 10/31/2023 at 10:49 AM, Tug said:

Perhaps so but domestic terrorist are more of a threat or just the regular run of the mill gun nutter 

I'm certainly not dismissing the existence of gun nutters in the white supremacist, black supremacist, Muslim extremist, Jewish extremist and other camps. 

But FBI stats say you're much more likely, by a factor of 10 or so, to be shot by a garden variety thug, probably out on parole, probation, bail or some other form of early release.

• Thumbs Up 1

No that I entirely dismiss such worries, but to insert some proportions

The first blast happened at about 14:00 at a safe house on Sukhumvit 71, which the suspects had rented. The explosion blew off part of the roof of the structure. The men then fled the house. Moradi, who was injured and bloodied, attempted to flag down a taxi. When the driver, seeing his state, refused to take him, he threw a grenade at the taxi. The grenade damaged the vehicle and injured the driver. Police officers who responded to the blasts then tried to stop Moradi, who tried to escape by throwing another grenade at them. The grenade bounced off a tree and back at him, exploding and severing both his legs.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Bangkok_bombings#Explosions

On 10/31/2023 at 10:10 AM, Berkshire said:

After 9/11, it'd be foolish not to think Americans could be a target.  The thing about these scumbag terrorists is that they almost never go after the people responsible, i.e., gov officials, the military, etc.  They go after soft targets, which is pretty much anybody.

One thing to consider is that in the deep dark web, there are all sorts of stories and posts that are sympathetic to Hamas.  Just like how the right wing in the US only reads right wing news, these people are getting their brains cooked with all manner of anti-Israel (and anti-US by extension) propaganda.  No wonder there is so much hatred out there right now for Israel and Jews.  Unfortunately, I can see it getting much, much worse. 

You an expert on everything