Entered visa exempt with old passport. Just got a new passport. Can I get a 30 days extension ?

Hi all,

I entered Thailand visa exempt beginning of the month on my old passport and I've just received my new passport. My visa exempt stamp is due tomorrow.

Can I get a 30 days extension stamp into my new passport at the immigration office tomorrow by showing my old passport alongside my new passport ?

Best

Edited by RedReding

No problem, but the Imm Office will most probably transfer your VisaExempt entry stamp from your old passport to your new one, before providing you with the 30 day extension of stay.  Otherwise it would not be traceable anymore on which basis you got that 30-day extension of stay in your new passport. That 'stamp transfer' process is free of charge.

Also, when you are currently staying at a Hotel/guesthouse ask reception for a copy of the TM-30 notification that the Hotel is required to make to notify local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at their premises.  Without that TM-30 copy chances are that your local Imm Office will not provide you with any service as they want to have proof of the address where you are staying in their province.

No problem, but the Imm Office will most probably transfer your VisaExempt entry stamp from your old passport to your new one, before providing you with the 30 day extension of stay.

Good to know. Thank you.

About the TM30, I already have one that dates back to my previous entry in September, I just need to update it tomorrow. I have a 1-year rental lease.

23 hours ago, RedReding said:

Can I get a 30 days extension stamp into my new passport at the immigration office tomorrow by showing my old passport alongside my new passport

If you are obtaining 30 day extension in Bangkok you would attend IT mall Laksi and not CW.

Regards the TM30 you don't need to "renew it" just provide previous one unless you have changed address.

The TM7 form requires a photo. 

1900b .

The io will transfer your visa exempt exempt entry stamp.

May require some basic photocopies of your old pp.